11-02-11 02:41 PM
203 ... 56789
tools
    I think I find .353 better as well. Some of my BBM contacts' name got messed up, with 353 it shows the letters inside a circle, now on .439 her name is just boxes.

Still looking for some bugs. BeBuzz's LED sometimes doesn't stop blinking, or maybe it's the app's bug itself.

I hope we get a more stable OS version sooner.

Square boxes within messenger has a nothing to do with os but the fonts you have not installed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 10:28 PM
    Works fine on .440. Have you trained it yet on the new OS?

If English isn't your 1st language and /or you have any background noise, you'd better train it. It's not as good at V/R as the 9780 was and it needs training, to say the least!
    i see. okay thank you for the reply. do you know what changes on the .440? will you advise to jump on .440 version or stick to .439?
    10-19-11 11:05 PM
    Hey everyone concerned question after upgrading... I'm on T-Mobile and with the stock version of the OS I never encountered roaming. After upgrading to .39 from Canada my phone says I'm roaming now. I don't want to get those charges... any ideas?

Thanks!
    10-19-11 11:23 PM
    You're not going to get charged for roaming, because you're not actually roaming...and something is very wrong with your phone if the OS switch now shows you as roaming. That's not normal, no matter which OS you install on there. Did you screw something up/ try to shrink the OS, or install some idiotic app that's causing you problems perhaps?
    10-20-11 12:17 AM
    You're not going to get charged for roaming, because you're not actually roaming...and something is very wrong with your phone if the OS switch now shows you as roaming. That's not normal, no matter which OS you install on there. Did you screw something up/ try to shrink the OS, or install some idiotic app that's causing you problems perhaps?
    None of that... just a basic upgrade. I just called up T-Mobile and they told me that I am domestically roaming so no extra charges will appear but didn't have an answer to why the phone is deciding to show the symbol now and not before...
    10-20-11 12:31 AM
    this .439seems to have new bugs from .353..battery consumption are not so stable. I have tested two different days with average usage and power saving settings for both days. Battery consumption can be seen a lot of difference towards negativity..will downgrade back to .353 for now
    10-20-11 01:28 AM
    for some reason i cannot upgrade my software ....(its not coming in the update thing)

i deleted the vendor file , uninstalled the dm and installed from the new one , deleted vendor file again but it still doesnt work showing i am up to date with .353 ....is there some manual way like changing vendor file or maybe using apploader or something else
    10-20-11 03:53 PM
    Guys I need some serious help.

I've played around with BBSAK in the pas when upgrading my 9700 from OS5 to OS6 and didn't have any issues.

I'm now trying to upgrade my 9900 to .439 (I even tried the leaked .400) and regardless of which version I try BBSAK keeps saying "No OS found, Please install an OS for your phone."

I just picked up my commuter case too and now I'm left with a pretty looking brick.

Please Help!
    10-20-11 07:50 PM
    ^^^ You guys still have a hidden vendor.xml file on your PC... find it, delete it, and try again

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-483268/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...l-file-120048/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 01:18 AM
    for some reason i cannot upgrade my software ....(its not coming in the update thing)

i deleted the vendor file , uninstalled the dm and installed from the new one , deleted vendor file again but it still doesnt work showing i am up to date with .353 ....is there some manual way like changing vendor file or maybe using apploader or something else
    @Arham95,
    You need to deinstall the .353 reinstall 4.39, delete the 2nd vendor.xml hidden in desktopmanager folder. look for apploader.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    10-21-11 04:53 AM
    hidden 2nd vendor.xml under Windows 7

:\Users\<myUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    10-21-11 04:55 AM
    One bug seems to be affecting me since upgrading to .439 is that mp4 video playback doesn't work any more. Any ideas?
    10-21-11 07:09 AM
    why there is no hebrew????
    10-21-11 08:46 AM
    Hi,

I can not run the loader .. but when I clicked run as admin.. my phone was not listed ?!

Win7 64

any idea ?
    10-21-11 10:56 AM
    I'm getting significantly less battery life on this one vs. .353. Some other things I noticed:
    [*]BB News scrolls a little "sticky"[*]had to up the backlight fade to 20 sec on this one b/c @ 10 secs it was fading out too fast on me[*]Wikitude browser can't calibrate

These 3 items were not an issue for me on .353, and the battery life was much better. Will hang on for a few days to see if something new gets released, otherwise, I'm going back to the earlier build.

Hope this helps someone,
    10-21-11 11:13 AM
    Does the NFC works on .439?
    10-21-11 07:05 PM
    Hey guys I'm a noobie to CB but I just updated to 7.0.0.439 after getting my 9900 yesterday and I don't know if you can get the trackpad fade back b/c after the update it seemed to have disappeared

Any advice ?
    10-21-11 08:06 PM
  18. And
    Does the NFC works on .439?
    Yes in general it works. But it seems that's carrier related if you're able to use it or not.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-22-11 04:42 AM
    Hey guys I'm a noobie to CB but I just updated to 7.0.0.439 after getting my 9900 yesterday and I don't know if you can get the trackpad fade back b/c after the update it seemed to have disappeared

Any advice ?
    To. Gett tthe fade back youu have to downgrade the OS
    Inn this .439 the trackpad doesn't fade, that's how it is frrom the os

10-22-11 05:37 AM
    Just installed this OS. can't seem to see much difference ? Um can't comment on the battery life at the moment though.

Edit: After updating it around 10am this morning and fully charged at 100% It's now nearly 10pm at night here! 12 hours and it's still on 60% of battery life yet, even with heavy usage of playing games and everything. Oh this new OS is amazing. I love the battery life. Maybe now I no longer need to take a charger with me to uni now.
    Last edited by Babybananaa; 10-22-11 at 04:47 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-22-11 06:18 AM
    So this is probably a stupid question, but what is the value of updating the OS to any of these newer versions? I'm still using 7.0.0 bundle 1346 which is all that Telus offers right now and everything seems to work.

Do any of these updates have new features I should be interested in?
    10-23-11 01:12 PM
    Hi, I would like to install this to my Bold, but I cannot because I have a Macbook and the file is .exe. So does anyone know a work around to this for me? Thanks.
    10-23-11 02:14 PM
    Hi, I would like to install this to my Bold, but I cannot because I have a Macbook and the file is .exe. So does anyone know a work around to this for me? Thanks.
    Nope... use a PC

10-23-11 02:43 PM
    Sadly Phil_UK is right. I'm on an iMac and I had to use my BootCamp'd Windows to update my OS :/
    10-23-11 03:32 PM
    Is UMA available on this version?
    10-24-11 04:45 AM
203 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD