I can tell you .353 has been awesome for me. So good, in fact, I may not upgrade to another OS at all. I know this may be a moot point for you now, but I'm just sayin'.
    I hear ya. .353 has been gold for me. No major issues as of yet.
    10-12-11 01:03 PM
    Wow I didn't even know there was a 440 leak. I've been running the out-the-box 261 for the past month now. I was thinking of upgrading to 353 but the reviews basically said it sucks. I'm watching here to see which version is better by popular concensus..lol..either this official 439 or the leaked 4440. Someone that has experienced both lemme know please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Me too, if someone can tell us the main differences between the .439 and the .440, that would be great.
    10-12-11 01:05 PM
    I know people keep having this issue, but I have deleted the vendor.xml file and made sure there isn't a second one present. I have tried running the Loader file, and it doesn't upgrade and there is no update visible in DM.

Can can one help?
    10-12-11 02:59 PM
    I know people keep having this issue, but I have deleted the vendor.xml file and made sure there isn't a second one present. I have tried running the Loader file, and it doesn't upgrade and there is no update visible in DM.

Can can one help?
    Try restarting your computer. This has fixed the problem for a lot of people.
    10-12-11 03:06 PM
    For some reason I have not been able to download any new updates on this 9900
    I delete the vendor xml file click the apploader and the only things that come up
    Are my third party installed items and then it says no update

Any ideas

Wayne

I had same issue. DM wasn't showing the update after I installed the latest firmware. So I would reckon to serach for any vendor.xml file and delete that and if you have done that already then uninstall your DM and BB firmware that you have downloaded and installed. Reboot your PC and reinstall DM. Then install your specific BB firmware again. Reboot. You should see the update now.
    Hope it helps.
    Qaiser
    10-12-11 03:08 PM
    Installed mine, trackpad and top keys no longer fade. they just shut off in the normal order. Aside from that everything seems normal. Quickweather seems to like this update better than the vanilla OS.
    tarmpung likes this.
    10-12-11 03:53 PM
    Read the comprehensive installation guide here: BlackBerry Matrix Forums - How to Upgrade a BlackBerry Operating System with AppLoader

go to the Apploader folder and delete the Vendor or Vendor.xml file. It can be found following this paths:

• Windows 7 / Vista Users:
    • 32-Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    • 64-Bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Also ensure you check in the following location as recently another copy of the Vendor.xml is appearing there which could prevent you to install the new OS:

• C:\Users\<myUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Also, sometimes after you start the upgrade process by launching Loader.exe, the Vendor.xml file might re-appear, so as soon as you launch Loader.exe , keep an eye on the Vendor.xml, if it re-appears, you must exit loader and delete the Vendor for a 2nd time, then re-launch it.

I have checked and deleted these files and searched for vendor.xml and found none!!
    sbx9900 likes this.
    10-12-11 04:10 PM
    you have to keep watching the apploader folder closely, as you launch loader.exe , I swear it recreated the vendor time every single time

if you have deleted the vendor file in both locations then there is no way it wouldn't work

i hope you are loading this 9900 OS on a 9900 and not a 9930

You can also try going into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and make sure there is no other OS other than 7.0.0.439 there
    i allso see a device xml file in there, does this have to be deleted?
    thanks
    10-12-11 05:16 PM
    Just upgraded to 440 and when I tried to open BB News, I received the following message:

Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing to discover RSS content. Contact your wireless service provider or administrator for more information.

That sucks. Any idea how to fix it besides installing an earlier version??

Thanks,
    Jeff

SAME WITH FACEBOOK
    Last edited by JeffNNJ; 10-12-11 at 06:33 PM.
    10-12-11 06:10 PM
    anyone have any comparisons to .440? what OS is better?
    10-12-11 06:42 PM
    May be a bit of a dumb question, but do you specifically need a WIND 9900 in order to download this software update? Would it work say on a unlocked 9900? Or if you bought your 9900 from a carrier...
    10-12-11 06:58 PM
    This will work on another carriers 9900. Just make sure to delete the vemdor.xml file before installing on your device.

May be a bit of a dumb question, but do you specifically need a WIND 9900 in order to download this software update? Would it work say on a unlocked 9900? Or if you bought your 9900 from a carrier...
    10-12-11 07:40 PM
    Just upgraded to 440 and when I tried to open BB News, I received the following message:

Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing to discover RSS content. Contact your wireless service provider or administrator for more information.

That sucks. Any idea how to fix it besides installing an earlier version??

Thanks,
    Jeff

SAME WITH FACEBOOK
    That's because of the mass outages right now. Wait till they clean up the mess and see how it goes. I had the same problem, works on wifi but not on my carrier network.
    10-12-11 08:08 PM
    I upgrade to .439 and i don't have anything at the Host Routing Table i send registration message and nothing happens anyone know what to do?
    10-12-11 08:09 PM
    Wow I didn't even know there was a 440 leak. I've been running the out-the-box 261 for the past month now. I was thinking of upgrading to 353 but the reviews basically said it sucks. I'm watching here to see which version is better by popular concensus..lol..either this official 439 or the leaked 4440. Someone that has experienced both lemme know please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    my phone (asia model) always freeze when using 440.
    10-12-11 08:10 PM
    PLEASEEEEEEE how good is this build compared to .400??? discharge rate???? reception? etc??? feedback pleasee
    10-12-11 08:22 PM
    finally my own 9900 looking forward to load this instead of the 440 leaked. Has same platform anyway.
    10-12-11 08:44 PM
    I installed official .439.

24 hrs has gone, still no issued and feeling better than .353 too.

even battery is good too compare to previous.

So hoping for good and lets enjoy it.
    10-12-11 09:15 PM
    maybe its just in your head lol jk
    10-12-11 10:15 PM
    I upgrade to .439 and i don't have anything at the Host Routing Table i send registration message and nothing happens anyone know what to do?
    same issue here....wondering if this is because of Rim's outage right now or because of .439
    10-12-11 10:22 PM
    There are a lot of issues because of the RIM outage. My battery sucked big time today until I turned off my data service.
    Dux 82 likes this.
    10-12-11 10:45 PM
    I am having a problem upgrading and not sure what the problem is.

When I open the Loader application it doesn't see my phone. Where it says "Communication Port Selector" my phone simply isn't there despite being connected to the computer.

Any help?
    10-12-11 10:53 PM
    Just finished the upgrade to .439 from .261

Whole process took just under an hour without any hick-ups.

However, with the NOC still down I can't play with email, bbm or bbm music.

I can also confirm the removal of the fading lights on the track pad and navigation buttons. This is unfortunate as I really liked the fading effect, but can only assume it was done to increase overall battery life.

Other then that haven't found any other differences yet.
    tarmpung likes this.
    10-12-11 11:14 PM
    had the same issue when i got the leaked .440. kept going into HOST options and registering and nothing! called my carrier asked them to send me "services books" and i was GOLDEN....try that.
    10-13-11 12:25 AM
    Installed just now, no issues
    10-13-11 04:37 AM
203 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD