Is UMA available on this version?
    Not yet... OS7.1 which should be available in a couple of months will have the wifi calling option

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 05:24 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm a Blackberry newbie... I want to update my OS on my Bold 9900. Could I please get a step by step process how to do it using a PC? (Like, pretty basic) Even if it is just a link to one of the previous replies or something?

Also, which is the best option? .439 or .440? I believe one of them has a bug on the trackpad fade?

Thanks for your help!
    10-25-11 12:30 AM
    Is this an update from the leaked .440? I'm on .440 now and the signal accuracy is really really bad. Much worse than .261. And battery life is only slightly better than 261. Also it freezes a lot especially when browsing the Internet. I've been on 440 for 2 weeks now and I have done numerous battery pulls but they don't seem to alleviate the issues. Do I have to wipe my bb before attempting to install the 439 as my version seems to be the newer version? Thanks
    10-25-11 01:35 AM
    im sometimes having a bis drop with this update.
    anyone having the same issue?
    any suggestions?
    10-26-11 10:37 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm a Blackberry newbie... I want to update my OS on my Bold 9900. Could I please get a step by step process how to do it using a PC? (Like, pretty basic) Even if it is just a link to one of the previous replies or something?

Also, which is the best option? .439 or .440? I believe one of them has a bug on the trackpad fade?

Thanks for your help!
    use the search, there are tons of threads that explain how to do it.

I just took this os, removed all the non essential stuff that I don't use anyways with Shrink-a-os and now it is in the process of updating. Hope it works well.
    10-26-11 01:15 PM
    I installed 439 a few days ago and I see my battery life has improved over version 261 which was the stock version from Bell. Not much else different from what I noticed.
    10-26-11 02:12 PM
    im sometimes having a bis drop with this update.
    anyone having the same issue?
    any suggestions?
    Ya, I've been having BIS connection dropping issues with both 439 and the build leaked before it. I never had issues with my 9700 in the same area/network so I can only assume its something to do with the phone/software.
    10-26-11 03:25 PM
    Well... I had a hybrid os installed, removed it and installed this one. Now accuweather does not work properly, The screen is turned 90 degrees to the right and I can't change anything. I tried to remove it, reboot and reinstall but to no avail. Any ideas?
    10-26-11 04:42 PM
    Just installed this OS. can't seem to see much difference ? Um can't comment on the battery life at the moment though.

Edit: After updating it around 10am this morning and fully charged at 100% It's now nearly 10pm at night here! 12 hours and it's still on 60% of battery life yet, even with heavy usage of playing games and everything. Oh this new OS is amazing. I love the battery life. Maybe now I no longer need to take a charger with me to uni now.
    after few weeks using this OS build, i can see an improvement in the battery life, but i'm also guessing that something a bit glitchy with my battery. sometimes i can get a dreadful battery life, however, overall, i'm happy with the OS build.

good to hear you can have 60% of the juice left after 12 hours of your usage, mine here, i unplug the charger everyday at 7am, use it around the day with emails, bbms, bb groups, sometimes reading feeds, checking FB, receiving/making calls, yes, the phone still can manage to stand by 50-55% after 12 hours, and just before my bed time (12am mostly), it's sitting at 25-30% just before i charge it back (or even 40-45% if i don't have too much thing to do at night with my phone). i always have my wifi + cell network (2G only) ON during my working hours.

the only bug that i'm experiencing with this build is.. the notification bar on the homescreen, sometimes it sort of "hides" any notification icon whenever i have new BBMs/emails etc, just a blank notification UNTIL i tap it or if i'm using another app and i go back to the homescreen, suddenly all icons are displayed, somewhat ridiculous..

hopefully newer OSes will come up soon & will have better battery life, stronger wifi reception (much improved for .439 compared to .261 & .353 but still a bit weaker than the wifi reception of previous bolds) and more bug fixes!! BRING IT ON RIM!! you've delayed the Playbook OS 2.0 from us therefore.. we deserve more from BB 7 OS!! don't just get busy with BBX.. we still need improvements here!
    blacknouvo likes this.
    10-27-11 12:59 AM
    I installed 439 a few days ago and I see my battery life has improved over version 261 which was the stock version from Bell. Not much else different from what I noticed.
    So after a few days do you think it's worth it? I have the Bell 9900 with the original .261 as well.
    10-27-11 11:36 AM
    So far it seems to work. The battery improvements made it worth it for me.
    10-27-11 12:41 PM
    What's a hybrid OS anyone ?

10-28-11 04:00 AM
    This update made my phone EXTREMELY laggy. Worse than the OS it came with (Rogers 9900 a week after it came out).
    To downgrade an OS, do I go through the same process as if I were updating the OS manually (C:\Program Files:\Common Files\ ...etc.)? Or is it trickier than that?
    10-29-11 12:44 AM
    Installed it today. Cannot connect anymore with Bluetooth to DM for sync. DM finds the BB, but it is not reciprocal....Yes, set to discoverable, etc....

OK, after 20 reboots and zillion pairing trials and restoring bluetooth options from yesterday back up, it is working.

I find that the trackpad sound is now VERY LOUD?
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 10-29-11 at 06:20 AM.
    10-29-11 05:25 AM
    tried all the releases as they came out, it has some GUI glitches here and there but battery life is awesome...can last all day no problem and about the trackpad fade out, I actually like the new fadeout effect, the old one made the light around the pads area pulse and looked too dragged on.

I honestly thought it was stupid, the new one does the job and looks proper and doesnt take forever. I hope it stays like this
    10-30-11 06:48 PM
    I started getting a thin black line to appear across the top of the screen since I updated to this build.

Anyone else having the same problem?
    10-30-11 08:30 PM
    I started getting a thin black line to appear across the top of the screen since I updated to this build.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Nope, one of the better OS released imo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-30-11 11:15 PM
    Nope, one of the better OS released imo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Which is more stable and of less issues, this one or the leaked .440 ?
    Thank you for your advice.
    10-31-11 06:55 AM
    I lost the camera in the Media Panel don t know what to do to get it back.
    Only way i found out is to put it as convenience key

So far battery life seems better but the signal is weaker as i live in a bad reception aria i loose signal more often as before
    10-31-11 03:46 PM
    For some reason I have not been able to download any new updates on this 9900
    I delete the vendor xml file click the apploader and the only things that come up
    Are my third party installed items and then it says no update

Any ideas

Wayne
    Please do it, in os 7 have two differene vendor xml put on your pc, no 1 ussually place, and no 2 at C:user/user name/app data/roaming/blackberry/loader xml, delete this vendor xml in volder loader xml too, but You must unhide all vendor at your pc first, ok
    10-31-11 11:45 PM
    I lost the camera in the Media Panel don t know what to do to get it back.
    Only way i found out is to put it as convenience key

So far battery life seems better but the signal is weaker as i live in a bad reception aria i loose signal more often as before
    on the home screen, press the bb medu button and select manage panels. is the media panel selected?

did a battery pull?
    Last edited by gin553; 11-01-11 at 08:01 AM.
    11-01-11 07:26 AM
    Is it just me, or is there very little progress regarding 9900 firmware?? Very few leaks, latest official firmware released by only one carrier...
    11-01-11 08:46 AM
    Is it just me, or is there very little progress regarding 9900 firmware?? Very few leaks, latest official firmware released by only one carrier...
    Most carriers will be testing OS7.1 now, so it's doubtful we'll see any further OS7 leaks or official releases.

11-01-11 11:21 AM
    I hope you are right and OS 7.1 will be released soon! Maybe it will be the stock firmware from AT&T....just hoping, but I guess it's not realistic ;-)
    11-01-11 12:02 PM
    I hope you are right and OS 7.1 will be released soon! Maybe it will be the stock firmware from AT&T....just hoping, but I guess it's not realistic ;-)
    It's pretty much confirmed that the AT&T 9900 will ship with .440

11-01-11 12:12 PM
203 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD