Installed this on my BB Bold 9900 from Bell Mobility here in Canada.

Upgraded from .261 to .353 and now to .439.

1: The installation went smooth as silk, no issues at all. Took about half an hour or so.

2: All my apps like telenav, berrymeter, tgrape lock, bebuzz, beweather, MemoryUp, deprocman, filescout, opera mini, google maps etc etc. All work 100% fine.

3: My battery drain on .261 was 19% on average. On .353 was 11.5% on average. On .439 I am seeing 6.3% on average in meterberry. With all the same apps and configs.

4: The track pad light has lost it's fade effect to save battery power.

5: On .261 boot time was roughly 90 seconds. On .353 boot time was roughly 65 seconds. On .439 boot time is roughly 50 seconds.

6: Apps and browser loads noticeably faster than .353.

7: GPS locks in solid and quicker than under .353.

8: Appworld seems more stable and smooth. Still a tad glitchy though.

9: Overall the phone seems smoother and faster in general.

10: Haven't noticed any obvious bugs or had any problems. Things like the notorious "random freezing" bug are long gone. And battery life is now equal to or better than my old curve 9300, so the poor battery issue is no longer an issue for me.

If you are still using something like 7.0.0.261, you really want to install this version. It is far superior and the battery life is like almost double what you are getting now.

Cheers
    Great 'review'! Thanks for this, I'll be installing later based on this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 10:23 AM
    hey guys, my desktop manager told me that i should update to .353, i was on the .2xx one, I wanted to ask you, do we have to delete the vendor.xml file from the one which desktop manager automatically downloads too? or that is just plain installing...thank you
    !!
    10-15-11 10:32 AM
    Upgraded from 261 -> 439. Things seem to be going faster. The only hiccup in installation was when the system loaded and I was asked for my BBid, I signed in and the screen froze there. I did Alt, aA, Del to soft reset and everything was fine after.

Interesting, the first time it booted there was another intro video, the second time I rebooted it gave the regular Telus splash screen.

LED Fade is still present although it seems a little less gradual than on 261.
    10-15-11 12:29 PM
    Just wanna let you know I loaded up the new OS and it's working great, the battery life seems to be much more better as I used it for 13 hours and its at 45% with moderate use of MSN, BBM, Facebook, Texting, and Twitter. But in terms of speed; i honestly don't see a difference it's just as fast as .261
    10-15-11 11:01 PM
    My 9900 just arrived yesterday evening... The OS is .250 holy cow! Updating Immediately!

Mandi
    10-15-11 11:11 PM
    the same here with me!! battery seems to drain much faster than when i was using .353? hope to find a solution for this problem

I recommend to use your phone all day and get it drained, later charge your phone and you will get a full life really.

Can not believe that is 11:23am and my battery is 50% really!

just try it.
    10-16-11 01:23 AM
    Anyone please, are you able to upload just the sfi in the UMTS folder, I upgraded from this to the leaked 440 and forgot to keep it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-11 01:36 AM
    I have tried this and still no luck, plus i've just thought would this update actually work on my handset as I'm from the uk and theres no sign of a update on the uk blackberry site??

Sam
    Sam, try deleting the 2nd vendor.xml (\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\) afterwards reload the apploader, this sould do the trick.

Very happy with this offical release, tried the .440 before but that was really rubbish.
    Batterylife on this version is much better, apps working fine, gps locks fast, internet quick

I'm sticking to this version for a while
    Acapella likes this.
    10-16-11 02:36 AM
    I got a problem on my oldest OS .296 and newest OS .439.
    Sometime it's lag or frozen any tasks,even call log or sms.After that, i can't hear anything from someone who call me.I have to do soft reset then it become usual. >.<
    My applications are Dropbox, Crackberry and Channelnewasia.
    Anyone have any suggestion for me? Thank you.
    10-16-11 11:24 AM
    Is this safe to use this update what ever you country you are, my country is philippines?
    10-16-11 12:27 PM
    It makes no difference where you are located. You can indeed upgrade to this OS, but make sure you follow the leaked release instructions at the top of the thread or you won't end up upgrading.
    10-16-11 01:36 PM
    I will try it now FBA. Thank you for the help.
    10-16-11 02:16 PM
    Successfully install the update. but i have error encountered in the update:

The following databsase coul not be fully restored to your device:
    "DocsToGoCommonPrefs" 0 of 1 Entries restored.

Maybe this is not big deal for me.
    10-16-11 03:01 PM
    Question, is it still best to wipe the device clean and install new OS with out restore data???

Why I am asking is that I just upgraded with .439 also let the loader backup and restore. My ring tones works at time and at time is just not ringing??? So should I just wipe device and start new or wipe device and reload os and start new and just restore my messages and cal and address book???

Last can our 9900 be used with BBSAK anymore? I just switched from 9700 with os6. Thx.
    10-16-11 03:18 PM
    I'm not downloading the leaked version, I'm downloading the offical one and its still not installing :l sooo confused why i cant get it to work, really starting to annoy me as well!!
    10-16-11 04:31 PM
    @ ukberrylover

kindly follow the procedure given by EvilmasterMMA

Step 1: Double click the file you downloaded to install it.
    Step 2: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    Step 3: Reboot your computer.
    Step 4: Plug in your blackberry via usb and open blackberry desktop software.
    Step 5: Update your phone.
    I did the above procedures, and it successfully 100 percent works for me.
    10-16-11 06:35 PM
    I bet I'd just have to pay another Whatever amount..... just to be able to broadcast my 6gb of data to my galaxy tab. dam.. ~
    Just to let you know, if you are with Telus, it will be most likely be free because Telus already indicated that they will allow things like this by supporting Playbook bridge.
    10-16-11 10:26 PM
    @ ukberrylover

kindly follow the procedure given by EvilmasterMMA

Step 1: Double click the file you downloaded to install it.
    Step 2: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    Step 3: Reboot your computer.
    Step 4: Plug in your blackberry via usb and open blackberry desktop software.
    Step 5: Update your phone.
    I did the above procedures, and it successfully 100 percent works for me.
    I won't let me install it so i cant do anything else.
    Its fully downloaded just keeps coming up with an error message saying it cant extract a file. :/
    10-17-11 06:31 AM
    There is corruption in the file you downloaded.

Delete the file you downloaded, and re-download it from this link fileserve.com.

Make sure you have enough free harddrive space available to install it. You will need close to a gig of free space.

Once it is installed, just follow the rest of the directions I gave you. This is not a problem with your blackberry, it is a problem with the file you downloaded.
    10-17-11 08:31 AM
    I won't let me install it so i cant do anything else.
    Its fully downloaded just keeps coming up with an error message saying it cant extract a file. :/
    the file is not corupted, you should delete the 2nd vendor.xml.
    10-17-11 09:42 AM
    Well, if the file won't uncompress, then obviously the file is corrupted. And you can't delete vendor.xml files if you can't uncompress the file because they aren't there yet. This user is stuck at step one.

There is a problem with the file they downloaded.
    10-17-11 09:47 AM
    anyone has problems with the signal in this version? somehow the signal show full strength, but no internet and impossible to make a call. any ideea? the network?
    10-17-11 02:07 PM
    updated to 439 in hopes battery life will extend. Out of the box from Rogers I was getting 6 - 8hrs max with moderate use.

Noticed that the "3G" symbol no longer populates, only "H" ... Given that I'm with Rogers, will that be an issue?
    10-17-11 09:07 PM
    this update do not work in Europ
    10-17-11 11:30 PM
    this update do not work in Europ
    yes, it works. i am on vodafone on Europe
    10-18-11 12:52 AM
203 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD