I bet I'd just have to pay another Whatever amount..... just to be able to broadcast my 6gb of data to my galaxy tab. dam.. ~
    10-14-11 02:09 AM
    feedback? updates worry me with the 9900 since the device might drain the battery just THINKING about an update
    10-14-11 03:10 AM
    any battery drain fixes with this update?
    10-14-11 03:18 AM
    Yes, using .439 from last 48 hours.

battery life is good and much better than .353 too.

today I have charged just once and working fine.
    tarmpung likes this.
    10-14-11 04:13 AM
    greeeeaaat .... the fileserve more useful rather than RIM;s link ..... thanks

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1948 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1948
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.439
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.610
    File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel1948_PL5.0.0.610_A7.0.0.4 39_WIND_Canada.exe
    File size: 232.92MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

from BlackBerry

or

from FileServe

also we have http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-657896/
    10-14-11 04:27 AM
    Does the LED around the trackpad still fade in .439 or does it shutdown instantly like .440?
    I have to say this but on .440 my screen and trackpad both fade fine and separately.
    tarmpung and theonecid like this.
    10-14-11 04:36 AM
    That makes perfect sense, and is the main reason why I'm sticking with AT&T's leaked .440 OS, being a GSM customer.

I had terrible reception problems with Mobilicity's .650 release on my 9780 and was convinced that the AWS radio was to blame. As soon as I updated to Vodafone UK's official .668 my troubles were gone.

I'm sure that the OS sfi radio files are tweaked to suit the individual carriers on official releases, and that many users are unaware of the difference between AWS and GSM bands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am now really mixed up. I wonder if you can advise me to install the .439 or the .440 .
    Is there any real difference ?
    I have BB9900 locked to Vodafone Egypt .
    10-14-11 06:27 AM
    .439 has a different app version i believe. .440 is good and i decided not to reload with .439 just to try it.
    10-14-11 06:39 AM
    Installed this on my BB Bold 9900 from Bell Mobility here in Canada.

Upgraded from .261 to .353 and now to .439.

1: The installation went smooth as silk, no issues at all. Took about half an hour or so.

2: All my apps like telenav, berrymeter, tgrape lock, bebuzz, beweather, MemoryUp, deprocman, filescout, opera mini, google maps etc etc. All work 100% fine.

3: My battery drain on .261 was 19% on average. On .353 was 11.5% on average. On .439 I am seeing 6.3% on average in meterberry. With all the same apps and configs.

4: The track pad light has lost it's fade effect to save battery power.

5: On .261 boot time was roughly 90 seconds. On .353 boot time was roughly 65 seconds. On .439 boot time is roughly 50 seconds.

6: Apps and browser loads noticeably faster than .353.

7: GPS locks in solid and quicker than under .353.

8: Appworld seems more stable and smooth. Still a tad glitchy though.

9: Overall the phone seems smoother and faster in general.

10: Haven't noticed any obvious bugs or had any problems. Things like the notorious "random freezing" bug are long gone. And battery life is now equal to or better than my old curve 9300, so the poor battery issue is no longer an issue for me.

If you are still using something like 7.0.0.261, you really want to install this version. It is far superior and the battery life is like almost double what you are getting now.

Cheers
    Bobchin, mssca, Knuckle09 and 4 others like this.
    10-14-11 08:33 AM
    Nobody is denying that mobile hotspot is in OS7.1... we've already seen pics of this.

We were just querying whether BlackBerry Tag is going to be exclusively for OS7.1, and how better battery life is coming to OS7.1
    I don't see any info on BB Tag. In fact Telus Canada never even receive information on what is BB Tag at the first place. (I know what it is, but no one who work with me have no clue what is BB Tag.)
    10-14-11 08:55 AM
    HELP
    I've downloaded the update on to my laptop but now I dont know what to do??

Sounds silly I know but its different to when I updated my curve last year.

Sam :/
    10-14-11 10:25 AM
    Step 1: Double click the file you downloaded to install it.
    Step 2: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    Step 3: Reboot your computer.
    Step 4: Plug in your blackberry via usb and open blackberry desktop software.
    Step 5: Update your phone.

On a side note, I just installed the new Appworld Beta. And now the glitches I originally found in appworld are gone. It runs smooth and snappy without any freezing.

This bold 9900 is turning into one helluva great device! At this rate, we may have the world's first truly perfect cellphone within a matter of months if these updates keep improving it like this. I am very very happy with my Bold 9900 right now.
    ukberrylover likes this.
    10-14-11 10:31 AM
    keep getting this :

10-14-11 10:55 AM
    keep getting this :

Click to view quoted image
    I recommend to save your downloaded file to C or D Drive and run it from there..

try it and I hope it helps
    10-14-11 11:53 AM
    I've used both .440 and .439.
    .439 has a better battery life for sure! even after 12 hours of installing it, i have 50% available (considering the number of times ive done a batterypull, this is too good!)
    However, as for the trackpad fading issue, its still there in .439 but is solved in .440.
    The rest isn't much of a difference. Very stable OS.
    tarmpung likes this.
    10-14-11 12:08 PM
    However, as for the trackpad fading issue, its still there in .439 but is solved in .440.
    It's not solved in .440... it started in .440

Not an issue anyway, I like it better this way

10-14-11 12:15 PM
    I recommend to save your downloaded file to C or D Drive and run it from there..

try it and I hope it helps
    I have tried this and still no luck, plus i've just thought would this update actually work on my handset as I'm from the uk and theres no sign of a update on the uk blackberry site??

Sam
    10-14-11 12:54 PM
    Maybe the file you downloaded isn't finished downloading or something, you might want to try downloading it again from the fileserve link. Sounds like the problem is with uncompressing it.

And yes, it will work on your phone. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file from the apploader directory first.
    10-14-11 02:39 PM
    Step 1: Double click the file you downloaded to install it.
    Step 2: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    Step 3: Reboot your computer.
    Step 4: Plug in your blackberry via usb and open blackberry desktop software.
    Step 5: Update your phone.

On a side note, I just installed the new Appworld Beta. And now the glitches I originally found in appworld are gone. It runs smooth and snappy without any freezing.

This bold 9900 is turning into one helluva great device! At this rate, we may have the world's first truly perfect cellphone within a matter of months if these updates keep improving it like this. I am very very happy with my Bold 9900 right now.
    I do not think he has to do step 1 before step 3 . Does he ?
    10-14-11 03:11 PM
    I do not think he has to do step 1 before step 3 . Does he ?
    Step 1 is mandatory... Step 3 is optional

m.seif likes this.
    10-14-11 03:55 PM
    Where do you get your information from, or are you just guessing?

RIM didn't specifically mention OS7.1 in their announcement of BlackBerry Tag... just that it's coming in the next OS7 update.

And better battery life? Seriously? I don't recall that being mentioned at all.

I try to read every thread on this 9900/9930 forum last week or last 2 weeks
    Someone created a thread just wanted to share this with you
    And he included the screenshot of bb os 7.1 which I saw mobile hotspot, wi fi calling
    Then the bb tag, RIM said it would be in the next essential update and looks as if it is 7.1
    + with newer oses we get better battery life

10-14-11 07:29 PM
    And how exactly do you know all that?
    Well
    last week or last 2 weeks
    Someone created a thread just wanted to share this with you
    And he included the screenshot of bb os 7.1 which I saw mobile hotspot, wi fi calling
    Then the bb tag, RIM said it would be in the next essential update and looks as if it is 7.1
    + with newer oses we get better battery life

10-14-11 07:29 PM
    Have had it installed for 24hrs now. Battery seems much worse. I unplugged it at 9am and ran out juice by 2:00pm. Very little use. If anything for me personally it seems like439 is much worse than .353 I havnt noticed anything else.
    10-14-11 08:38 PM
    Have had it installed for 24hrs now. Battery seems much worse. I unplugged it at 9am and ran out juice by 2:00pm. Very little use. If anything for me personally it seems like439 is much worse than .353 I havnt noticed anything else.
    the same here with me!! battery seems to drain much faster than when i was using .353? hope to find a solution for this problem
    10-14-11 11:19 PM
    do battery pull 2-3 times after install new OS, battery life can only consider after 2-3 days
    10-15-11 12:36 AM
203 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD