Installed 7.0.0.439 .. No issues after being on it for 24 hrs except the scrolling thing which acts nasty sometimes esp in BBM groups and browser. Keeps on scrolling itself or gets stuck at a point. But not always though. Other than that, no issues whatsoever
    10-13-11 05:56 AM
    i want to update my blackberry 9900 , i have 7.0.9.286 , the best os official to my blackberry is this??
    thanks
    10-13-11 08:45 AM
    How do you install any of these OS with a mac? all the downloads are exe files.

I am completely stumped.

Thanks
    10-13-11 09:32 AM
    i think its not possible.
    10-13-11 09:56 AM
    i'm having the same problem as others on here. trying to upgrade...deleted the vendor file, but only the apps come up in the update, no actual software. rebooted my phone and computer many times, but no luck.

any other ideas?
    10-13-11 10:30 AM
    Anybody found anything of the new up & coming Blackberry Tag/NFC in this build ? Rim recently said "BlackBerry� Tag, which will be incorporated in the next BlackBerry� 7 OS update" dated 10th October 2011.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 10:43 AM
    Not sure if it is my BB, I tried, .353, 440, and now 439... all these 3 version gave me charging issue where it refused to charge and state my power insufficient blah blah... restart my BB then back to normal charging... after a few times, same issue will arise...

10-13-11 11:03 AM
    All languages ? does it means that it includes chinese?

Thanks,
    10-13-11 03:01 PM
    Just installed now. Blackberry services still not working fully...slowly gettin back to normal so it will be very hard for me to say if OS is good or not.....

Anyone have it for longer then 24 hours? any overall improvements?
    10-13-11 03:35 PM
    Any more updates on battery life and signal quality from the people that have installed this?

This is my project for tomorrow night if its improved battery from .343

Thanks
    10-13-11 06:18 PM
    Anybody found anything of the new up & coming Blackberry Tag/NFC in this build ? Rim recently said "BlackBerry� Tag, which will be incorporated in the next BlackBerry� 7 OS update" dated 10th October 2011.

Hey the bb tag you're looking for its not there
    It is in BB os 7.1 this is 7.0.0.439
    In bb os 7.1 you get ;
    -bb tag
    -wi fi calling
    -Mobile hotspot
    -Better battery life

That isn't out yet, till whenever it is out, but know it is in bb os 7.1

scottdelisser and mandir75 like this.
    10-13-11 06:29 PM
    Hi, I just wanted to check as I am trying to install the new OS 7 for wind for the 9900 as my phone is from T-mobile unlocked and was wondering if there is a step by step instruction someone can provide how to load this? I think running the os that I downloaded then after opened bb desktop and clicked update device but it does not recognize the new os that I want to put in the phone so I might need to load this manually and I do not know how to. Any chance someone can guide me. Thank you in advance.
    10-13-11 07:08 PM
    In bb os 7.1 you get ;
    -bb tag
    -wi fi calling
    -Mobile hotspot
    -Better battery life

And how exactly do you know all that?
    scottdelisser likes this.
    10-13-11 07:14 PM
    In bb os 7.1 you get ;
    -bb tag
    -wi fi calling
    -Mobile hotspot
    -Better battery life

Where do you get your information from, or are you just guessing?

RIM didn't specifically mention OS7.1 in their announcement of BlackBerry Tag... just that it's coming in the next OS7 update.

And better battery life? Seriously? I don't recall that being mentioned at all.

theonecid and scottdelisser like this.
    10-13-11 07:14 PM
    Aoo oh I left my 9900 in Spain wiped straigh away with BB protect,blocked IMEI. for the Now I'm waiting for the next one to be sent. So annoyed I lost the pics I had on it with the BB Birds that sponsored Amnesia!

Btw it is good to be around
    10-13-11 08:47 PM
    Being a Wind Mobile user myself, I just want the damn carrier to release the phone!!! This is one of the biggest teases I've had in a very long time...
    10-13-11 08:53 PM
    BIS is back to normal for me in Vancouver, Canada today. All my previous issues are resolved after resending service books. I'm happy to report that I have no memory leak with this OS, maybe 1 mb after 1 day. With .440, I lost 10 mb after about 7 hours. Battery is about the same.
    10-13-11 09:50 PM
    Just got an error after downloading saying "Error reading setup initialization file"
    10-13-11 10:38 PM
    This release works well with AWS carriers. I had loaded .440 on my T-Mobile 9900 and the signal was very flakey, jumping from 4G, edge, 4G then to no signal at all, even when not moving around. battery life sucked too. .439, same platform but the radio file is definatly more stable, stays fixed on 4G, havent dropped signal yet.
    Still no sign of UMA booo...
    Very happy with this release as a T-mobile user. I have so far found any AWS carrier release play well with other AWS carriers particularly with my old 9780 as well.
    10-13-11 10:41 PM
    This release works well with AWS carriers. I had loaded .440 on my T-Mobile 9900 and the signal was very flakey, jumping from 4G, edge, 4G then to no signal at all, even when not moving around. battery life sucked too. .439, same platform but the radio file is definatly more stable, stays fixed on 4G, havent dropped signal yet.
    That makes perfect sense, and is the main reason why I'm sticking with AT&T's leaked .440 OS, being a GSM customer.

I had terrible reception problems with Mobilicity's .650 release on my 9780 and was convinced that the AWS radio was to blame. As soon as I updated to Vodafone UK's official .668 my troubles were gone.

I'm sure that the OS sfi radio files are tweaked to suit the individual carriers on official releases, and that many users are unaware of the difference between AWS and GSM bands.

10-13-11 11:06 PM
    this os seems identical to .440 no major changes in anything for me. battery life is the same.
    10-13-11 11:22 PM
    I feel like system is much more stable

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-13-11 11:34 PM
    In bb os 7.1 you get ;
    -bb tag
    -wi fi calling
    -Mobile hotspot
    -Better battery life

I can confirm that mobile hostspot is up and running on OS 7.1 right now as I speak. This user has the right information. Telus Canada is currently testing the hotspot on 7.1 and I have seen it after ANOTHER user from I think T-Mobile posted OS 7.1 screen shots, I got hold of the Telus rep for our store.
    scottdelisser and mandir75 like this.
    10-13-11 11:48 PM
    I can confirm that mobile hostspot is up and running on OS 7.1 right now as I speak. This user has the right information.
    Nobody is denying that mobile hotspot is in OS7.1... we've already seen pics of this.

We were just querying whether BlackBerry Tag is going to be exclusively for OS7.1, and how better battery life is coming to OS7.1
    scottdelisser likes this.
    10-14-11 12:03 AM
    I can confirm that mobile hostspot is up and running on OS 7.1 right now as I speak. This user has the right information. Telus Canada is currently testing the hotspot on 7.1 and I have seen it after ANOTHER user from I think T-Mobile posted OS 7.1 screen shots, I got hold of the Telus rep for our store.
    so in other words, the next OS update will be 7.1? why not BB 8 instead? see, BB7 used to be called as the 6.1 OS but then it was named BB 7 for the sake of fanciness. however, good to hear that wifi calling, BB Tag & yeah.. mobile hotspot!!! will be coming to that OS, aah.. can't wait for that! release it soon carriers, come on!!

meanwhile, i've upgraded my 9900 from the stock .261 to .353 and yesterday, .439. i have done multiple reboots over the last 24 hours. from what i have experienced so far:
    - decreased reboot time: previously on .353, it took my bold around 8 minutes before it went online, but with the .439, it goes online in around 4-5 minutes (sometimes 6, that's after i install an app, run it for a while then perform a reboot.. well perhaps i need to perform couple more reboots do you reckon??)

- a better battery life, particularly on wifi
    - stronger & better signal reception (2G & 3G)
    - better wifi reception as well: previously on .353, it was quite difficult for my bold to lock on wifi, but with this firmware, it's snappy. however, compared to the 9780, the 9900 has a slightly lower wifi reception
    - feels smoother
    - GPS locks faster
    - compass is more accurate

i think i just need 2-3 more days to let the OS to fully operate in its optimum level, and hopefully the reboot time will decrease too
    tarmpung likes this.
    10-14-11 01:12 AM
203 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD