downloaded it , after getting it installed, i wiped my whole phone first, installed this and it seems to be giving upgraded battery life,

I never had any other problems with the OS except a bit of hour glass freeze sometimes after not rebooting it for awhile but so far with this one no problems
    10-04-11 01:52 PM
    Installing now, will update when I've had a chance to restore/test out everything.

Thanks for the update!
    10-04-11 04:42 PM
    No need, it's the same build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    HI Phil,
    Just to let you know that I did what you said and loaded up the 353 from SK and I forgot about the vendor xml thing, BUT it loaded up perfect and I though I would re-do it so went into programme files etc and check out rim and there was NO Vendor files, one chap said on the forum that they must have not put one in, I guess this is OK, I used the link that was on the forum for the SK 353
    Did you have to delete the vendor xml file?
    All the best,
    Magician
    10-04-11 05:21 PM
    Ok I did a proper test on the battery life, I am so happy I thought I would give you guys an update.

I work 12 hour days. The first day I had my 9900 it died 10 hours into my day. I normally have rather heavy usage. Every other day I have had to plug it in around the 8 hour mark to make sure it wouldn't die on me. This has been very frustrating for me.

Well, now with the new OS. I farted around with it for about an hour before work, then just worked a full 12 hour shift, with normal usage levels. Plus I also spent about 45 minutes playing the new and super cool "Zombie Attack" game. And had an extra long chat with my girlfriend when I got home.

After just under 14 hours of total usage...My battery is currently sitting at 45%!!!...This is pretty much where my old Curve 9300 would be at this point.

Thanks again crackberry, I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for you guys.

10-05-11 07:30 AM
    Hi,

When I try to install this on my computer (and I've tried two computers now running windows 7) I get a notice saying "Error reading setup initialisation file"

I have uninstalled all previous versions, inc ones from different blackberry devices which have been on my computers. And I've tried 3 different download links as well.

Any one else getting this problem?
    10-05-11 03:15 PM
    MUST SAY that there is a 5 mile stretch from home to the shopping centre and my 9780 always had a pretty good signal enroute, when I had os 293 (whatever it was) I got the SOS signal in red pretty much all enroute to the same 5 mile route but now YES YES YES with 3.53 it is just like, if not better than my 9780 recpetion SO YES THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT THAT THE 3.53 BUILD HAD FIXED A MAJOR SIGNAL ISSUE HERE IN THE UK WITH O2.
    Now for the guys who do not know the 3.53 exists then they are really running a non complete powerhouse of a device.....it surely must be time for o2 to roll out the 3.53 avialable for all???
    10-05-11 04:22 PM
    I just installed this OS on my bold 9900 from Bell Mobility.

For those having issues downloading it from the original site, it is also available at this link which is where I downloaded it from.

narud.ru

So, I upgraded my 7.0.0.261 to this version and here is what I have found.

1: The device boots noticeably faster.
    2: The device feels smoother and faster in general O/S navigation and app loading.
    3: All of my apps and device functionality works perfectly.
    4: My wifi and bluetooth connections connect noticeably faster.
    5: I have about a 15% increase in cellphone reception. (I really needed this!)
    6: Errors that used to show up in the log, no longer show up.
    7: GPS locks in way faster. It used to take around 20 seconds to lock, now it does it in about 10 seconds.
    8: Battery life has increased by around 30% (I LOVE THIS).
    9: The browser launches and loads pages noticeably faster.
    10: No errors at all during the install or since.
    11: Those annoying "freezes" that happened from time to time seem to be gone now.

Overall, this is a great step forward for the blackberry bold. It makes the device way better. I am very happy that I spotted this thread.

Thanks a bunch crackberry. This thread made me stop lurking and sign up for an account.

Cheers.
    okay good analysis please where is your phone made in ?
    And how long does the battery last for ?
    Last edited by xterra2; 10-05-11 at 05:18 PM.
    10-05-11 05:16 PM
    Hey guys,

Report from San Diego, California

Downloaded the file "FileServe AllLang" that was posted on the first threat of this forum and here is my report.

Blackberry 9900
    T-mobile Network

GPS - Working perfect
    Browser - Working perfect
    Compass App - Included
    Blackberry Freeze - Not longer freeze
    Battery Life - Much better really!
    Social Feeds - Working Perfect
    Camera - No issues to report
    Calling - No issues to report
    Word documents, Excel docs - No issues to report.

New feature?
    if you press and hold "1" you should be able to call the voice mail right?
    - With this if you do that, then the visual voice mail open the window - should be like this?

Regards team !

Cilke
    your analysis is almost complete
    but how about the battery life ?
    10-05-11 05:19 PM
    No need, it's the same build.

ok please what is the difference between leaked and official
    10-05-11 05:19 PM
    Seems like a few people are having trouble installing the OS via apploader because apploader can't find anything to load. I ran into this problem too and this is how I fixed it.

- I had to uninstall and re-install DM and the OS and rebooted about 3 times
    - Make sure you remove any other blackberries in DM (if you have a torch 9800 in the list of devices for example)
    - Make sure you remove all user settings
    - Search for any Research in Motion folders and delete them (but not the one in my documents cuz that's where your backups are)
    - Run Ccleaner after uninstall
    - If it was all done right, when you install the DM and OS and plug in your BB, it'll ask you to reboot after installing a driver (this didn't happen the other times I re-installed DM and OS)

I rebooted, made sure that damn vendor.xml file is gone for good, and voila! Apploader found the OS and now my BB is installing 353.

I'll give you guys my input on 353 tomorrow. I was on 261 and my phone came with 269. 269 was terrible in every way. 261 was good but a bit buggy and unstable.

Also, some of these 353 versions are different in size.
    - The one I downloaded off the korean link is 236,391 KB and got an error and didn't even make it to the app selection screen.
    - The one I downloaded off the (I think russian link and is still claimed to be official) is 238,132 KB and is the one that's installing now.
    - The one that's claimed official and is linked to fileserve is 232,479 KB which is the exact same size as the beta leaked release.
    Last edited by slugzkea; 10-06-11 at 06:10 AM.
    10-06-11 06:03 AM
    ok please what is the difference between leaked and official
    I already said... there is no difference
    10-06-11 10:15 AM
    Do a search... There's two vendor files now depending on your OS, where one of them is a hidden file now.

I cannot find a second vendor.xml file with a search. What file exactly has the 2nd vendor file? Windows 7 64bit. DM nor Apploader recognize the update. Need help. Frustrated!
    10-06-11 02:44 PM
    I cannot find a second vendor.xml file with a search. What file exactly has the 2nd vendor file? Windows 7 64bit. DM nor Apploader recognize the update. Need help. Frustrated!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-483268/

10-06-11 05:48 PM
    your analysis is almost complete
    but how about the battery life ?
    Just great!, I charged my phone all night, unplugged at 7am and now is 7pm and have 35% left - heavy use.

I recommend to load the Software really. no issues to report after 4 days? yeah I guess.
    CASFAN likes this.
    10-06-11 09:15 PM
    Welp I just worked a full shift with the new 353 OS and I'd have to say this is the best one yet. on 261 my battery would barely make it to the last hour of my 8 hour shift but now it will last the entire shift! I'm down to about 35% on the last hour but that's fine. I heavily, HEAVILY use this phone too. constant email, BBM, browsing, wifi usage, phone calls, HSPA usage, in basements at work constantly scanning for networks, changing wifi hotspots, it's always doing something.

I charged it at 10pm and at 8am the next day I was still at 20%. This is great for such a BB ***** like myself!

I also noticed that in heavy usage the battery heats up like crazy on 261. This hasn't happened yet. And while operating it only froze once but unfroze itselfafter about 8 seconds where with 261 i was getting min freezes all the time. No crashing in standby mode (going to sleep and waking up to see a black screen) and the battery doesn't drain while in standby either, just barely.

going from 261 to 353 was a crazy improvement. Way 2 go RIM!

One thing i'll advise for everyone is to make sure your battery is at 100% when you install the OS.
    10-07-11 07:16 AM
    Heloo, here is another link for these who had trouble downloading.

DOX.bg -
    10-07-11 03:04 PM
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1672 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1672
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.353
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.544
    File name: 9900jAsia_PBr7.0.0_rel1672_PL5.0.0.544_A7.0.0.353_ SK_Telecom.exe
    File size: 198.68MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software from

FileServe AllLang

BlackBerry Servers Asia

BlackBerry Servers AllLang

I am in Egypt, my provider is Vodafone, and my OS ( V7.0.0.296 , Platform 5.0.0.496) contains Arabic language. Would this OS work for me ?
    Thanks
    10-08-11 07:51 AM
    any os will work for you as long as you delete the vendor files
    10-08-11 09:48 PM
    Ran the update worked decently for the first few days , I did notice a improved battery life however the icons that I wanted to hide did re-appear every couple hours. Browsing was also significantly improved much more responsive. However this update did brick my phone, I woke up and the phone was off with the indicator light flashing. I did try to reload the previous OS however it has failed, even a session with a RIM tech he would not sort out the issue. I am really sad to say that this is the 6th blackberry I have owned within the year and these "minor" issues such this have driven me to move on
    10-08-11 11:42 PM
    However this update did brick my phone...
    Sorry to hear of your problems, but I don't believe the OS update had anything whatsoever to do with what happened to your phone.

10-09-11 06:19 AM
    upgraded software and now not able to access menu function on gmail inbox. ie unable to reply, forward, etc using menu function.

pls advise.......
    10-10-11 07:48 AM
    I am able to view Japanese fonts but cannot select Japanese as an input language. Is their a version for the 9900 that lets you select Japanese as an input lang? I am able to select Thai, Chinese etc.

Thanks
    10-10-11 12:12 PM
    Sorry for the newb questions, but how does one go about installing this new OS onto my phone? is it true that i have to download desktop manager? is it possible for a step by step of what to do please, and is it the same for all the other OS?
    10-10-11 08:19 PM
    It seems that i am experiencing an APP error 602...while using DM to install this latest update....i presume its bricked and need to wipe the device and reinstall everything??

Thanks
    10-11-11 04:35 PM
    Managed to reload OS via apploader and following nuked 101 steps

Comment on this version in a few days
    10-11-11 05:23 PM
152 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD