I am having problems uploading this software on my phone. I am a blackberry user since the 9000 and have not faced this before.

Basically when I load up apploader I get a screen that lists my 3rd Party apps to add/remove from my bb. I do not see the new files that I can upload to my phone.

I deleted the vendor file and even wiped my device before trying to update but I still dont see the new files. It is as if the desktop software does not recognise the file.

I downloaded the leaked, the SK official and the VIVO official as well just in case.

Any help would be appreciated. I am running .296

Thanks!
    Do a search... There's two vendor files now depending on your OS, where one of them is a hidden file now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 06:47 AM
    okay good
    please how is the GPS ?
    and going to the about screen how is it ?
    and where is your device made in ?
    No issues whatsoever with any applications; everything works perfectly. After loading this OS overnight on the 28th, I had a full charge at 6am. I used it all day, twitter, messages, music, etc. and still had more than a half charge @ 10pm. I realize OSs work differently on different devices, but I can't say I need much more from mine. Very, very happy.

Mine came from Mexico and the quality is top notch.

Give this one a go and good luck, but...don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't live up to your expectations!
    09-30-11 08:23 AM
    No issues whatsoever with any applications; everything works perfectly. After loading this OS overnight on the 28th, I had a full charge at 6am. I used it all day, twitter, messages, music, etc. and still had more than a half charge @ 10pm. I realize OSs work differently on different devices, but I can't say I need much more from mine. Very, very happy.

Mine came from Mexico and the quality is top notch.

Give this one a go and good luck, but...don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't live up to your expectations!
    Ok good let me download it and keep it not install it since I don't have. The 9900 yet, I would get it in 2 weeks
    Iv read great reviews about it also,

Sorry one last question, I was wondering whether If you have pictures,videos,music on the 8gb internal memory and if youre-install any OS would the media files be wiped out or would they remain in the internal memory ?

09-30-11 03:43 PM
    This is working for me much better than the stock T-mobile 7.0.0.250. Only issue is that the some icons reappear after reboot but simple way around that is that I placed them in a hidden folder so they never show up.

The big fix is that google archive works perfectly. 2-way sync etc... Also, starring and labels are still working fine.

Batter seems much better than stock. Get a bit more than 24 hrs. I used to get 10 hrs max with 7.0.0.250
    09-30-11 04:00 PM
    will this work in any bold 9900? bought mine from HK and it is factory unlocked. my current version is .261 and the battery is horrible.
    09-30-11 09:54 PM
    Just to clarify, Bell Canada is 3G sim card and not GSM (edge, gprs). If you try putting their sim card in a non 3G phone, it won't work.
    what? do you even know what GSM is? 3G is part of a GSM network.

to clarify... Bell was at one point CDMA only so devices in the 8000 series where/are all CDMA network.

ex:
    8520 = GSM
    8530 = CDMA

and ah um this is a thread about the 9900 and the reply was about the 9900 soo yeah great reply
    10-01-11 03:16 AM
    will this work in any bold 9900? bought mine from HK and it is factory unlocked. my current version is .261 and the battery is horrible.
    Yes, it will work on any 9900 provided the vendor.xml file(s) is/are deleted first.

10-01-11 06:05 AM
    Ok good let me download it and keep it not install it since I don't have. The 9900 yet, I would get it in 2 weeks
    Iv read great reviews about it also,

Sorry one last question, I was wondering whether If you have pictures,videos,music on the 8gb internal memory and if youre-install any OS would the media files be wiped out or would they remain in the internal memory ?

I keep those types of files on a media card. You can transfer those from device to device through the desktop manager.

10-01-11 07:05 AM
    Anyone else having problems downloading the OS? It seems to download 10mb and then think its been completed
    10-01-11 08:16 AM
    I have 9900 for about 1.5 week and already 4 times changing OS.. first to this .353 SK telecom (i have about 18-25% ADR for 3 days), then to .317 (about 12-16% ADR for 3 days), then to .353 Orange Romania (a bit better (10-14% ADR)..

I read in our local forum about the .353 (Claro brasil) is the best .353 at first I thought all the .353 are the same..but after 2 days with this .353 (Claro brasil) my ADR are between 3-9% (most of the time at 6% with 3G on all the time) and at night when I dont use it about ADR is at 1.7-2-5%

Hope it help

o yeah my 9900 is made in mexico, my wife 9900 is made in Hungary.. I already had fully check them both for which one is the best (if hers is better..I'll switch it at night when she's asleep ...but it turns out that they are both exactly the same, her hungary keyboards is a bit harder to pressed than the mexico one..thats is only the different I found..so no switch

ps.. sorry 4 my english.
    Last edited by co2m; 10-01-11 at 01:51 PM.
    10-01-11 01:44 PM
    I have 9900 for about 1.5 week and already 4 times changing OS.. first to this .353 SK telecom (i have about 18-25% ADR for 3 days), then to .317 (about 12-16% ADR for 3 days), then to .353 Orange Romania (a bit better (10-14% ADR)..

I read in our local forum about the .353 (Claro brasil) is the best .353 at first I thought all the .353 are the same..but after 2 days with this .353 (Claro brasil) my ADR are between 3-9% (most of the time at 6% with 3G on all the time) and at night when I dont use it about ADR is at 1.7-2-5%

Hope it help

o yeah my 9900 is made in mexico, my wife 9900 is made in Hungary.. I already had fully check them both for which one is the best (if hers is better..I'll switch it at night when she's asleep ...but it turns out that they are both exactly the same, her hungary keyboards is a bit harder to pressed than the mexico one..thats is only the different I found..so no switch

ps.. sorry 4 my english.
    great feedback thank you!
    10-01-11 04:18 PM
    I upgraded my software to 353 a few days back.. i would like to downgrade it and upgrade it again..i am using a mac i don't know how to delete the vendor.xml file or where to find it or how to open the .exe download file in blackberry desktop manager?
    10-02-11 06:35 PM
    Battery notification icon is not accurate, it will be yellow but my device turns of and say battery level too low for radio use.

10-02-11 09:04 PM
    I upgraded my software to 353 a few days back.. i would like to downgrade it and upgrade it again..i am using a mac i don't know how to delete the vendor.xml file or where to find it or how to open the .exe download file in blackberry desktop manager?
    You cannot upgrade software using MAC. Use PC when upgrading/installing software.
    10-02-11 10:21 PM
    I think I found a problem with the volume control when listerning to music. First, the Audio Boost function doesn't seems to work. Enabling or Disabling shows no difference in volume.

Also, when playing a music, you can adjust the volume. Again, when you are at say 70% of max volume vs 100%, no difference also

- Charles
    10-03-11 10:15 AM
    Should I shift from leaked version to this ?
    10-03-11 12:41 PM
    Should I shift from leaked version to this ?
    No need, it's the same build.

10-03-11 02:32 PM

ps.. sorry 4 my english.

How is this possible, all 353 are the same build?
    I use 353 and battery life is fine (light to moderate use)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-03-11 02:58 PM
    decided tho try this one, so far stable for less than 24 hrs battery to early to tell so far
    (bring on the 400+ leaks)
    10-03-11 03:09 PM
    Hey guys,

Report from San Diego, California

Downloaded the file "FileServe AllLang" that was posted on the first threat of this forum and here is my report.

Blackberry 9900
    T-mobile Network

GPS - Working perfect
    Browser - Working perfect
    Compass App - Included
    Blackberry Freeze - Not longer freeze
    Battery Life - Much better really!
    Social Feeds - Working Perfect
    Camera - No issues to report
    Calling - No issues to report
    Word documents, Excel docs - No issues to report.

New feature?
    if you press and hold "1" you should be able to call the voice mail right?
    - With this if you do that, then the visual voice mail open the window - should be like this?

Regards team !

Cilke
    10-03-11 06:07 PM
    could anybody explain to me why is the Platform being 5.0.0.544?
    10-04-11 12:07 AM
    I just installed this OS on my bold 9900 from Bell Mobility.

For those having issues downloading it from the original site, it is also available at this link which is where I downloaded it from.

narud.ru

So, I upgraded my 7.0.0.261 to this version and here is what I have found.

1: The device boots noticeably faster.
    2: The device feels smoother and faster in general O/S navigation and app loading.
    3: All of my apps and device functionality works perfectly.
    4: My wifi and bluetooth connections connect noticeably faster.
    5: I have about a 15% increase in cellphone reception. (I really needed this!)
    6: Errors that used to show up in the log, no longer show up.
    7: GPS locks in way faster. It used to take around 20 seconds to lock, now it does it in about 10 seconds.
    8: Battery life has increased by around 30% (I LOVE THIS).
    9: The browser launches and loads pages noticeably faster.
    10: No errors at all during the install or since.
    11: Those annoying "freezes" that happened from time to time seem to be gone now.

Overall, this is a great step forward for the blackberry bold. It makes the device way better. I am very happy that I spotted this thread.

Thanks a bunch crackberry. This thread made me stop lurking and sign up for an account.

Cheers.
    10-04-11 03:10 AM

For those having issues downloading it from the original site, it is also available at this link which is where I downloaded it from.

narud.ru

2: The device feels smoother and faster in general O/S navigation and app loading.
    7: GPS locks in way faster. It used to take around 20 seconds to lock, now it does it in about 10 seconds.
    11: Those annoying "freezes" that happened from time to time seem to be gone now.

Overall, this is a great step forward for the blackberry bold. It makes the device way better. I am very happy that I spotted this thread.

Thanks a bunch crackberry. This thread made me stop lurking and sign up for an account.

Cheers.
    I think that this the kind of Analysis that we should start using for the future releases, very detailed and is covering the most interesting functionality that every one is concerned.

Thanks for this team,

I think that we have a Systems Test Engineer inside us and we think as Engineers

Lets keep the good work hehe
    10-04-11 11:00 AM
    The single BEST part of this OS, is that it increased the volume about 30% over the stock OS on my unlocked Rogers unit being used on AT&T. NOW the phone sounds like a Bold !
    10-04-11 11:01 AM

narud.ru

Cheers.
    I think that this the kind of Analysis that we should start using for the future releases, very detailed and is covering the most interesting functionality that every one is concerned.

Thanks for this team,

I think that we have a Systems Test Engineer inside us and we think as Engineers

Lets keep the good work hehe
    10-04-11 11:01 AM
152 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD