I have found a lot of bugs with this firmware. Battery life remains awful.

Hopefully something newer/better comes out soon.

09-25-11 08:12 PM
    I upgraded to this firmware just after I got the handset, where it came with .261 as a start. The battery life is ok for me, I start every morning with 100% juice (around 7am), unplug the phone from the charger, use it continuously during the day, at the end of the day (around 11pm-12am) it's still sitting at 30-35% before plugging the charger in.

yeah I notice there are still minor bugs like the delays after I launch the "help me" screen and go back to the homescreen, sometimes the menu bar icon disappears, need to press the cancel button to bring it back to the screen, or sometimes there is such an unknown notification but I don't know how to find it, causing the LED to blink for no reason for about 15-30 minutes but I have checked through all the phone, no new messages/notifications. Does anyone have the same problem like me?

But still, this firmware is the latest build for the bold 9900, however I'll wait for the new .384 firmware to come, hopefully it will fix those bugs and improve the battery life much more.
    09-25-11 11:18 PM
    yeah bell is GSM now so with bell it's the 9900
    Just to clarify, Bell Canada is 3G sim card and not GSM (edge, gprs). If you try putting their sim card in a non 3G phone, it won't work.
    09-26-11 10:51 PM
    After upgrading to 7.0.0.353 the GPS would not lock. On downgrading to the T-Mobile stock OS version 7.0.0.250 it only took a few seconds for the GPS to lock.

I am sticking with the official T-Mobile OS for now.
    yeah, somehow the GPS is difficult to lock on with this firmware, I notice it when I switched the geotagging feature on the camera app but it didn't get the location. however, I tried the GMaps & Poynt, the GPS still worked pretty good even though it took quite a while for the GPS to lock.
    09-27-11 08:18 AM
    Somebody please how do you DOWNLOAD the official .353

The first link, fileserve it said it is LEAKED .353 i dont want the leaked .353 i want the official one

i tried the second and third link it took me to RIM's page and i couldnt fill in the form before i download it because i dont understand the Asian Language used in the page

Please where do i download the official .353
    09-27-11 06:44 PM
    none of the system software shows up when I open apploader. I deleted the vendor file and everything
    I'm having this exact same problem right now...I shrinked the os through bb boss. I've never had the system software never not show up with my previous devices...My phone is 507 until i figure out what to do
    09-27-11 10:19 PM
    I'm having this exact same problem right now...I shrinked the os through bb boss. I've never had the system software never not show up with my previous devices...My phone is 507 until i figure out what to do
    Look for the hidden vendor.xml file and delete it...
    09-27-11 10:30 PM
    Look for the hidden vendor.xml file and delete it...
    Hidden where? bb boss auto deletes the vendor.xml
    09-27-11 10:33 PM
    Do a search for it... it's hidden somewhere in your users' directory. Use the Windows Search function or use BBHTool to delete it and shrink with that.
    09-27-11 10:36 PM
    Do a search for it... it's hidden somewhere in your users' directory. Use the Windows Search function or use BBHTool to delete it and shrink with that.
    Doesn't work..tried it the usual way. Unchecked option for bb boss to automatically delete it...then went to the apploader folder..deleted it myself and stick no go.
    09-27-11 11:04 PM
    I was using a my fiancee's windows vista notebook....switched to windows 7 netbook and viola!!...it loaded this time...Don't know why it worked on the win 7 netbook and not on the vista notebook....both of them are running 32 bit windows os versions.
    09-28-11 12:14 AM
    if i am not wrong, there are 2 vendor files to delete.
    09-28-11 12:35 AM
    I reloaded this ROM without deleting 2 files vendor.xml (I had deleted only one) and have got no problem after using more than a week.
    09-28-11 03:14 AM
    if i am not wrong, there are 2 vendor files to delete.
    It all depends on your PC opersting system. Windows7 and 64 bit systems seem to install 2 vendor files, while older versions don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 06:12 AM
    I was using a my fiancee's windows vista notebook....switched to windows 7 netbook and viola!!...it loaded this time...Don't know why it worked on the win 7 netbook and not on the vista notebook....both of them are running 32 bit windows os versions.
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/RIM/AppLoader/Vendor.XML. i think it's better for you to delete it manually by yourself so you've made yourself sure, that the vendor file is deleted.
    09-28-11 05:02 PM
    Probably an easy answer to this but...I can't get past the download page as it is in Korean...someone please help me get past the obvious..
    09-28-11 05:53 PM
    Please people :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first link, fileserve it said it is LEAKED .353 i dont want the leaked .353 i want the official one

i tried the second and third link it took me to RIM's page and i couldnt fill in the form before i download it because i dont understand the Asian Language used in the page

09-28-11 06:38 PM
    Please people :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just asked this question...
    09-28-11 07:00 PM
    Please people :

its not hard to match the korean page with an english page right?

open up the korean page, and open up your usual english download page and key in accordingly.
    JHopdevil likes this.
    09-28-11 08:15 PM
    its not hard to match the korean page with an english page right?

open up the korean page, and open up your usual english download page and key in accordingly.
    Right. I pretended to download another OS so I could see the fields. Initially tried to do it from memory but couldn't remember the "e-mail" field.

Thanks much,
    09-28-11 09:01 PM
    Awesome build here. Recommend for those who do not have yet. My T-mo shipped with .250 (can you believe) and it didn't hold a candle to this one. Battery life on par with my old 9700. Everything works perfectly.
    09-29-11 01:22 PM
    Awesome build here. Recommend for those who do not have yet. My T-mo shipped with .250 (can you believe) and it didn't hold a candle to this one. Battery life on par with my old 9700. Everything works perfectly.
    okay good
    please how is the GPS ?
    and going to the about screen how is it ?
    and where is your device made in ?
    09-29-11 05:40 PM
    okay good
    please how is the GPS ?
    and going to the about screen how is it ?
    and where is your device made in ?
    The GPS is good thank you.
    Going to the about screen is also good.
    My device is made in Hungary, but that makes no difference... the OS is still the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 06:26 PM
    My personal experience with this OS

My phone info on my profile is current. Got mine @ best buy. my stock OS is .126 (pretty sure) BBSAK does not work with my computer. I have a Mac. So last night I decided to try out boot camp just to basically use BBSAK and start upgrading to which OS. I'v done it a million times already though (everyone else in my house is PC) anyways. I did successfully do Boot camp with Windows. But I did not get to clean wipe my OS (.353) and shrink as well. I just did the usual Apploader upgrade and it worked great. I have: BeBuzz, Documents on the Go (Was not able to uncheck the box for this when I did upgrade process??), Facebook, Fancy SMiley (great app btw for text/bbm'ers - free), Rate your day (another interesting app btw - free), Screen grabber and Ubersocial. Only apps that really run in the ground are Facebook & twitter (but the refresh interval is set to never for both) .. so I guess nothing is really running in the background. I did the upgrade late last night and didn't really use the phone much. Unplugged @9am. current time is 9:35pm i'm ! 40%. I BBM, Facebook and Tweet a lot. probably about 2-3hrs music on average, 2-3 phone calls (0-1hr maybe of talk time). by the way Bluetooth and WiFi were NEVER turned off, was curious to see how it would fair with those both left on. I was in and out of Wifi a few times today but no Bluetooth use. Anyways, I'm going to install Smarter Wallpaper and Tunein Pro right now, and ill get follow up on performance difference. I also forgot to mention I haven't done any 'battery saving' tweaks at all. None. Just basically install apps and what I mentioned above. And yeah, .. definitely buying MeterBerry soon lol.

Basically My findings in short for this is OS is pretty good. Once I tweak settings and get rid of an app or two Battery should seem better than before where I almost got a full day on .126
    austriker likes this.
    09-29-11 07:49 PM
    I am having problems uploading this software on my phone. I am a blackberry user since the 9000 and have not faced this before.

Basically when I load up apploader I get a screen that lists my 3rd Party apps to add/remove from my bb. I do not see the new files that I can upload to my phone.

I deleted the vendor file and even wiped my device before trying to update but I still dont see the new files. It is as if the desktop software does not recognise the file.

I downloaded the leaked, the SK official and the VIVO official as well just in case.

Any help would be appreciated. I am running .296

Thanks!
    09-30-11 05:58 AM
152 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD