none of the system software shows up when I open apploader. I deleted the vendor file and everything
    09-14-11 10:50 PM
    One more thing. I have currently disabled the "Show My Number" feature for the phone application and whenever I make a call or receive, it's still showing up "My Number: Unknown Number". I turned this feature off already and I'm still getting that. Is there a way to fix this or it's an OS issue already? Please help me out.
    The reason that it doesn't show your number is because your SIM does not have it on it.

Go to Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Sim Card, then press the BlackBerry button and select Edit SIM Phone Number then put your number in.

HTH

Elcuolo
    09-15-11 05:40 AM
    The reason that it doesn't show your number is because your SIM does not have it on it.

Go to Options, Device, Advanced System Settings, Sim Card, then press the BlackBerry button and select Edit SIM Phone Number then put your number in.

HTH

Elcuolo
    Yes I know that, but I do not want that thingy to show up actually. So is there a way to remove it?
    09-15-11 06:24 AM
    Yes I know that, but I do not want that thingy to show up actually. So is there a way to remove it?
    No there isn't... it either shows your number if you have it stored, or unknown number if you don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 06:54 AM
    Well I remember on my previous devices such as 9780 and Torch it wasn't showing up at all. Weird.

09-16-11 08:33 AM
    Dear Friends,

I downloaded OS7 .353 from SK Telcom last week.
    There are 2 types of files:
    - those we need asian languages need to download "asia" file
    - others just download "all language" file.

However, somehow I couldn't download from PC/ laptop. the connetions kept on breaking or after downloading the whole file, it couldn't be opened.
    So, I downloaded it directly from my 9900, and it works !!

so, have been using it..
    it's stable.. battery drain seems minimal...

BB9900 comes with BB Protect + MAPS. I did pay attention to these 2 icons BEFORE I put my SIM card in and activated BIS.
    However, once BIS runs, BB protect icons dissapear and AppWorld gives info that it is unavailable for my device.
    Still, MAPS works fine and very fast.

After upgrading to .353, BB Protect is still unavailable but MAP works fine..
    others are fine... fast...

Just remember:
    After installing the file, you need to delete the "vendor" file in the App loader folder.
    I suspected M7Md909 might be running this problem.

all the best...
    Last edited by tws992004; 09-17-11 at 02:57 AM.
    09-17-11 02:45 AM
    Dear friends,
    to hide your ph number is:
    > OPTIONS
    > CALL MANAGEMENT
    > CALL LOGS and LISTS
    then clear the 'show"My Number"" box.

cheers....

Btw, depending on your SIM card, you can have Line 1 or Line 2.
    Yes, you need to type your number in order to show on the call screen, otherwise the screen will just show "LINE1" or "LINE2"
    Last edited by tws992004; 09-17-11 at 02:53 AM.
    m.jeddy likes this.
    09-17-11 02:49 AM
    Does Digital Compass appear in this ROM? I'm using .261 and lost the Compass (including BB Maps) after wiping...
    09-17-11 03:35 PM
    Dear friend, digital compass works fine wth .353.

Cheers..

tarmpung likes this.
    09-18-11 12:06 AM
    had to go back to 317 as 353 makes my video camera lock,and have to do battery pull to exit it
    09-18-11 07:21 AM
    Seems like an improvement but every time I do a battery pull my hidden icons un hide.
    09-18-11 08:40 AM
    Seems like garbage to me!

Cannot hide/delete sprint crap apps, i.e. sprint music store, sprint tv etc... trying to at least "hide" the apps, they keep re-appearing like cockroaches. Tried to remove them with BBSAK.. cannot find the crappy sprint apps, guess I'm stuck with them?

Cannot save favorites! Trying to mark BB maps as a "favorite" and it keeps removing it.

STILL cannot sync address book with bluetooth device (blueant st3). I had no problem with my first 9930, swapped it out as a defect (because it would not stay on) and this "new" one will NOT sync at all, even with this garbage OS.

Oh, and it takes longer to boot up now! ...Enjoy
    09-18-11 09:33 AM

Cannot hide/delete sprint crap apps, i.e. sprint music store, sprint tv etc... trying to at least "hide" the apps, they keep re-appearing like cockroaches. Tried to remove them with BBSAK.. cannot find the crappy sprint apps, guess I'm stuck with them?
    Just create a folder, dump the icons in there and then hide the folder... you'll never see those icons again. In fact until I read this, I didn't even realize I had done it that way...
    09-18-11 09:40 AM

Cannot save favorites! Trying to mark BB maps as a "favorite" and it keeps removing it.

STILL cannot sync address book with bluetooth device (blueant st3). I had no problem with my first 9930, swapped it out as a defect (because it would not stay on) and this "new" one will NOT sync at all, even with this garbage OS.

Oh, and it takes longer to boot up now! ...Enjoy
    your loading this os? and you you have a 9930? you do no you have a cdma device right?
    09-18-11 10:51 AM
    Sure can. By the way, it's not a Chinese version, the (j) stands for "Japanase" input. Although this version has Japanese input which cannot be uninstalled, quite simply select English as the language of installation and you'll be set..

For others, this is for the Bold 9900 - not the 9930. The firmware for each is specific and not interchangeable..
    yeah bell is GSM now so with bell it's the 9900
    09-18-11 10:55 AM
    HELP! This OS will not install for me! It says it's finished when I run the loader, but it does not install. Help?
    09-18-11 03:14 PM
    Got a little problem with my 9900 after upgrading to 353.

The light sensor is now always on. Even if i uncheck the "automatic display dimming"-feature, it is still going dark and light automatically....

Anybody else with this problem?
    09-19-11 08:54 AM
    rim sucks.
    when they finnaly got os6 working they released os7 with lots of bugs so we can have a fresh start in errors.

this os has a few bugs:

very often the cursor keeps moving up
    battery is ok considering the capacity
    I cannot move/hide/do anything with some icons like memory cleaner or yahoo messenger.
    I can uncheck the show my number box in call management it will show my nr anyway

not too many bugs but there is allot of room for improvement
    Last edited by websun; 09-19-11 at 03:46 PM.
    09-19-11 03:39 PM
    After upgrading to 7.0.0.353 the GPS would not lock. On downgrading to the T-Mobile stock OS version 7.0.0.250 it only took a few seconds for the GPS to lock.

I am sticking with the official T-Mobile OS for now.
    09-20-11 06:52 PM
    After upgrading to 7.0.0.353 the GPS would not lock. On downgrading to the T-Mobile stock OS version 7.0.0.250 it only took a few seconds for the GPS to lock.

I am sticking with the official T-Mobile OS for now.

Thanks for noting this. I will still with .250 TMO. My only major issue is the fact that when i archive (and sometime delete) emails, my web gmail account does not reflect the changes. Starring and marking as read works fine.
    09-21-11 04:15 AM
    what is new with this version? did they fix the freeze issue and signal problem? can i install it if im with rogers?
    09-21-11 10:28 PM
    what is new with this version? did they fix the freeze issue and signal problem? can i install it if im with rogers?
    Nothing new, just minor bug fixes. Never heard of those issues. You can use this on any 9900.

09-22-11 04:04 AM
    Just updated to this version .. Thought the desktop software on my laptop borked my blackberry.
    The desktop application loader lost communication during loading the JVM and the unit displayed
    the dreaded "507" error ... Didn't panic .. Hit retry and the app reconnected, pulling the cell out
    out of the 507 white screen .. *Whew!* everything fully functional

09-22-11 04:33 AM
    Anyone has any updates with regards to battery life or other issues?
    09-25-11 08:25 AM
    I updated mine to this version, previously being on .261 with Rogers. After changing to this version and getting rid of the amazon mp3 program, I noticed a significant improvement. I also changed polling of information for FB to be longer. It should be noted that I don't use Twitter. Where I saw the biggest improvement is switching from 3G H+ to 2G. But to do this is rediculous, I mean ... why even buy a 3G phone.
    09-25-11 06:45 PM
152 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD