I updated fine to 314, but got the same error too when updating to 353 this morning.

Found out that all my contacts are gone, and the system setting prefs are erased too.
    did you choose the clean install option or restore your data option during installation?
    09-08-11 01:13 AM
    are you guys saying the official .353 is not better than the leaked .353.
    09-08-11 01:44 AM
    Can anyone tell me the bug fixes for this release please? I'm currently on 296 so do you guys recommend me to upgrade or what? Is the 296 OS too much laggy and having lots of bugs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 05:59 AM
    I really need help.....i have been trying all i can to update my bold 9900 to the new os .353 and havent been able

i deleted vendor.xml from app loader folder and wants showing up on dm or app loader or bbsak........i searched on my computer vendor and found one, deleted that one to and nothing.

I even unchecked the box on the dm that finds updates automatically and still nothing.....this is the first time this happens to me, i have had bb for 6 years and always have done all the updates same way deliting vendor.xml and update now just dont know what happened...i have a windows 7 computer.

Please anyone help cuz am not to happy with this os i have

thanks
    09-08-11 04:45 PM
    Click on "Compatibility files" in the AppLoader folder, then delete the vendor.xml file - which you should see upon viewing the compatibility files.
    09-08-11 09:58 PM
    I did that to and do not have any common files when I go in app loader, I had it before couple of hours ago I read about it and inside of it there was no vendor.xml and I erased what ever was and still can't do it

09-08-11 10:10 PM
    whats the difference between the leak and offical os?
    09-09-11 07:25 PM
    whats the difference between the leak and offical os?
    There is 'nothing' different between leaked and official OS releases. The only difference 'may' be the inclusion of carrier bloatware apps, but aside from that the OS is the same.

lzeng likes this.
    09-09-11 09:18 PM
    There is 'nothing' different between leaked and official OS releases. The only difference 'may' be the inclusion of carrier bloatware apps, but aside from that the OS is the same.

How about support for Japanese Input? Is it available in the leak too?
    09-10-11 03:44 AM
    I really need help.....i have been trying all i can to update my bold 9900 to the new os .353 and havent been able

i deleted vendor.xml from app loader folder and wants showing up on dm or app loader or bbsak........i searched on my computer vendor and found one, deleted that one to and nothing.

I even unchecked the box on the dm that finds updates automatically and still nothing.....this is the first time this happens to me, i have had bb for 6 years and always have done all the updates same way deliting vendor.xml and update now just dont know what happened...i have a windows 7 computer.

Please anyone help cuz am not to happy with this os i have

thanks
    Make sure you're running the very latest version of DM software!
    09-10-11 07:19 AM
    Okay I was able to install .353 on my device. I had to install the latest DM Manager for driver. Apparently its a driver problem and I had to remove the Blackberry in the Device Manager of Microsoft once before it worked.
    09-10-11 07:22 AM
    I had .261 installed on my phone from when I bought it, but I instantly upgraded to .353. Then I went to try .261 again to see how it is. Now that I've installed .353 again, I can safely say .353 provides better battery life than .261. It's not a substantial increase, but with the same usage I can definitely see some improvement. As a whole the phone seems to run better on .353 as well, meaning less hangups, glitches, etc.
    09-11-11 07:36 PM
    Do we get the HSPA+ option in mobile network options on this update?
    09-12-11 01:13 AM
    Hi, I have the unlocked 9900 from India. I have got an error 102, Reload software. Will this work on my phone ? I hope it wont void the warranty ?
    09-12-11 11:49 AM
    Hi, I have the unlocked 9900 from India. I have got an error 102, Reload software. Will this work on my phone ? I hope it wont void the warranty ?
    Yes, it will work. Loading an OS does NOT void a warranty.
    09-12-11 11:52 AM
    I got the T-Mobile Bold 9900 the day it was released. It came packaged with version 7.0.0.250 and personally I really don't see a need to update. Once a version comes with UMA then I'll update other than that this version works pretty good.
    09-12-11 03:41 PM
    Yes, it will work. Loading an OS does NOT void a warranty.
    It won't void the warranty, but if you ever need to send your phone in be sure to install your carrier's official OS. Saves some headaches in the long run
    09-12-11 06:15 PM
    This update works a lot better than 296 that the UK Vodafone stock is shipping with. The system runs more smoothly whereas 296 was hanging, the Playbook Bridge icon now shows, battery life is improved. You can also now open up email attachments (Excel, Word, PDF's etc) on the PlayBook whereas I was unable to do so when my Torch 9800 was bridged.

I was quite disapointed with the 9900 OS out of the box, but now it has this update everything is better!

Well done RIM.
    09-13-11 10:35 AM
    yeah the stock 296 was horrible
    09-13-11 05:20 PM
    Issues I encountered after upgrading to 353:
    - no text under apps icons
    - batt charge to 50% only (tried batt pulls and reinstalled os)
    - bb protect and bb maps cant be installed (it says not available for your device)

Suggestion? Thanks.
    09-13-11 11:30 PM
    Just upgraded to .353 and everything seems to be fine except for a couple of things. Did anyone notice the 3G signal is very close to that BlackBerry icon thingy? It wasn't like this the way it was before. As for the battery, I'm not really satisfied with it yet but only time can tell.

One more thing. I have currently disabled the "Show My Number" feature for the phone application and whenever I make a call or receive, it's still showing up "My Number: Unknown Number". I turned this feature off already and I'm still getting that. Is there a way to fix this or it's an OS issue already? Please help me out.
    09-14-11 06:37 AM
    I found this O/S to be kind of disappointing. Somehow the dictionary file for this is not working for me and so things like "dont" are not being replaced with "don't". I've also had four unexplained reboots of my phone since installing this OS. I think I will "suffer" through the default one until there's a new Verizon release.
    09-14-11 11:14 AM
    I installed this last night
    so far battery life is better than what I had with the original rogers software (271?)
    but im avg 7.3% discharge / hr
    and I dont even use 3g/h+
    FML
    09-14-11 06:56 PM
    what am i doing wrong here? I downloaded and installed the OS, I went to apploader to install it but when I do it doesn't show any device software for me to update to. the only thing it had was wirless music sync
    Last edited by fobi740; 09-14-11 at 10:02 PM.
    09-14-11 09:59 PM
    i downloaded but i got a problem error reading setup initialzation file
    09-14-11 10:13 PM
152 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD