-------------10char

Site Map: Maintenance

Our website is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance to upgrade our systems in order to better serve you.
    We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

08-31-11 09:25 PM
    Instructions for installing on the 9900:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
    Cheers mate,

Just got my 9900 this morning and after carefully device transferring only data not apps, still got the BB id Appworld issue.

Searched for this thread and took the plunge in installing a leaked OS for the first time EVER.

Worked a treat and everything operational.

Gonna look out for battery usage and other issues others are having.
    09-01-11 01:58 PM
    Can anyone please let us know about battery life? Has it gotten better for you?
    09-02-11 11:24 AM
    how about mac users that don't have windows? how can they update there BlackBerry...
    Install Parallels desktop or VMWare.... because this software is .EXE (Windows Based)
    lesarmitage likes this.
    09-02-11 07:37 PM
    If u dont have Parallels or VmWare, dont bother virtualbox, Usb wont connect lol after uve wiped your device. Read about something that told u had to do a hack, a timewaster and not woth it.
    Just giving u my experience with VB
    09-04-11 01:03 PM
    I installed this last night and so far my battery life is way better! It also feels quicker too, I used to get a lot of lockups but haven't seen any at all today. I'm happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 06:18 PM
    I want to confirm something before I go ahead and try to update this.

I have a 9900 currently running 7.0.0.261, and my provider is Rogers (CA). Should this work with my device?

Also, I show no updates on BB Desktop manager.. If these are official releases, why aren't they on BBDM yet? :/

Just curious about that really...
    10-04-11 04:11 PM
    I want to confirm something before I go ahead and try to update this.

I have a 9900 currently running 7.0.0.261, and my provider is Rogers (CA). Should this work with my device?

Also, I show no updates on BB Desktop manager.. If these are official releases, why aren't they on BBDM yet? :/

Just curious about that really...
    To update your OS, just install the OS onto your computer, delete the vendor file, and then use the AppLoader to install it. It does not have to be the OS from your specific carrier.

This is the link to the latest OS release, btw: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...elekom-646976/
    10-04-11 04:24 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD