I cannot get this version to update on my phone. I followed Elite's instructions all the way down even about having to delete the OS, delete the Apploader contents, Re-download the OS, restart PC, and attach BB to load apploader.

THIS SUCKS!
    I cannot get this new version at all.

Also I have been using Vendelete.

*EDIT* I looked at Vendelete and it Only works with Windowx XP and 7. I Have Windows 8....so I'm screwed!

I guess I am stuck with .746 until BB 10 does OTA updates.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 12-01-12 at 11:00 PM.
    12-01-12 09:31 PM
    anyone else not getting facebook and twitter notifications after this update?
    12-02-12 12:34 AM
    This update wiped all but a few third party applications I installed. But at least I didn't have to uninstall 10 unneeded ones.

I'll just reinstall them, no biggie.
    12-02-12 01:20 AM
    anyone else not getting facebook and twitter notifications after this update?
    I don't use FaceBook, but I am getting Twitter notifications just fine.
    12-02-12 04:40 AM
    I cannot get this version to update on my phone. I followed Elite's instructions all the way down even about having to delete the OS, delete the Apploader contents, Re-download the OS, restart PC, and attach BB to load apploader.

THIS SUCKS!

*EDIT* I looked at Vendelete and it Only works with Windowx XP and 7. I Have Windows 8....so I'm screwed!

Why not search for the Vendor.xml manually and delete it?

I found only one instance of Vendor.xml. It was located in the same directory as the Loader.exe (the usual location)

Alternatively - you could run Windows XP as a VM and install the update (if you really want to). Or you could simply borrow a friend's laptop (running XP or Windows 7) for an hour or so and get the update.

I just don't see why you would have to be 'stuck'.
    12-02-12 04:42 AM
    Can someone confirm if they fixed the calendar bug?

In Calendar if the default view is Monthly on my 9700 i would choose a day i had set an appt and it would go straight to the first appt in the day. With the 9900 it goes to the top of my calendar which starts at 5am instead of the first appointment on that day no matter what time it is set.
    12-02-12 04:57 AM

THIS SUCKS!

Exactly what is the problem you're having that is preventing you from updating? Is is that Apploader doesn't see the new software? If so, it's an easy fix. Let us know and I will help you with this.
    12-02-12 07:38 AM
    I don't use FaceBook, but I am getting Twitter notifications just fine.
    yeah they're starting to work again. had to turn off notifications log out, then log it and turn them on and they're working again. although the os has "froze" on me twice already and i had to pull the batt. this has never happened before. we'll see how it goes. lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 01:23 PM
    Only had to reboot twice, this was after re-joining a BBM group. Everything else is fine and fluid. no issues, no missing notifications.
    12-02-12 01:30 PM
    this os is smooth and solid
    12-02-12 05:51 PM
    Unless Orange coincidentally upgraded their coverage at the time I loaded this new OS, I'm getting dramatically better reception roaming with 794.
    12-03-12 07:00 AM
    I discovered this one by accident - clicking on a link to appworld in the browser freezes my 9900. Dunno if this is a new or old bug.

Bob
    12-03-12 07:52 AM
    6 days and no new problems with .794. Wifi calling seems to be a bit more reliable with this release, however I have had it mess up twice. Once where the phone could not call out (but it could receive calls over wifi) and the second time the LCD showed no cellular or wifi connection (it had an "x" in the corner). In that case was able to make and receive calls.

Anyway, looks like RIM may finally be starting to address the wifi calling bugs that have plagued every version of 7.1.x. This is the first version that I can stomach using wifi calling for more than 1 hour before wanting to chuck the phone in the trash.

Off Topic, but this official version is 6 days old and less than 90 posts to the forum. I remember the old days (like a year ago) where there would be 90 posts in the first 24 hours. And I don't think its because everyone is so happy with their OS7.1.x their running. How things have changed...
    AhmedZaki and r_hafeed like this.
    12-03-12 10:39 AM
    Does anyone know if NFC works on this version?
    12-03-12 11:08 AM
    Exactly what is the problem you're having that is preventing you from updating? Is is that Apploader doesn't see the new software? If so, it's an easy fix. Let us know and I will help you with this.
    I'm having a similar issue with this update: when I work my way thru apploader, the only window tha t pops up is to edit my apps. ... there is no loading of the new OS. I've done a dozen or so updates this way without a hiccup, except for this one. No vendor files getting in the way. It's just that when I open up the loader file, I cant get the OS process started. The only thing that pops up is the option to add/delete apps.
    12-03-12 11:11 AM
    I'm having a similar issue with this update: when I work my way thru apploader, the only window tha t pops up is to edit my apps. ... there is no loading of the new OS. I've done a dozen or so updates this way without a hiccup, except for this one. No vendor files getting in the way. It's just that when I open up the loader file, I cant get the OS process started. The only thing that pops up is the option to add/delete apps.
    THIS!
    Even looking for Vendelete.XML manually doesn't work because apparently "All of them" have been deleted with the Vendelete.exe program. But like I said, this program only works for XP and Win 7. I have Win 8.
    None of my friends use BB and so trying to borrow their laptop would Not work. Besides their internet gets turned off.
    12-03-12 11:25 AM
    I seem to have better battery with this one, and FINALLY the pause/play sound problem (goes loud and extremely high treble config) is now GONE for now. FI NA LLY!!
    lowest likes this.
    12-03-12 11:52 AM
    Does anyone know if NFC works on this version?
    NFC has worked on every OS version... unless your carrier blocks it.
    12-03-12 11:59 AM
    The link goes to info on installing 5.0, was it the same problem. my BBM does not seem to send and messages anymore but will work with text contacts that I have pulled into BBM. Using .108 as well.

Chris.
    12-03-12 02:25 PM
    Installed the os and that black clock appears every 10 seconds or so, the volume down key also became unresponsive which was fixed by a battery pull.
    12-03-12 03:45 PM
    I discovered this one by accident - clicking on a link to appworld in the browser freezes my 9900. Dunno if this is a new or old bug.

Bob
    reinstall it and it should work fine. i was having notification problems with fb and twitter but after i reinstalled them, notifications seem to be working fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-03-12 04:33 PM
    Finally got around to installing this (9900/Orange UK). So far so good. Any probs and I'll post back.
    12-03-12 05:36 PM
    24 hours on bb9900..im an att user....no problems with mic....im in nyc
    12-03-12 07:43 PM
    Cool, thanks for answering obviously removing the vendor files sees to that carrier block anyway. Im on tmobile UK so one of the main reasons for me downloading these OS's so I can still access NFC ;-)
    12-03-12 08:14 PM
    I seem to have better battery with this one, and FINALLY the pause/play sound problem (goes loud and extremely high treble config) is now GONE for now. FI NA LLY!!
    me too! wait for a long time...FINALLY!
    12-04-12 04:50 AM
255 ... 23456 ...