Goin' a bit crazy here. I have a 9900 unlocked and can tether here in Vancouver on Wind. I am traveling to Vegas and I would like to get a local number there with data for the 5 days I'm there. The idea is to forward my Wind number to the Vegas number phone wise and be able to tether my cpu to my bb for work purposes. I looked into t-mobile and thought that would work but I'm told you can't tether on there pre-paid plans. Anyone have any experience in this area that could offer a solution. Idea is I would rather not pay $25 a day for hotel wifi plus $3.50 a minute for cell coverage. The t-mobile $3 a day package seemed perfect even with the BB upgrade cost. I'm only there for 5 days by the way. Thanx!
    03-04-12 09:23 PM
    You can get an XCom Global mi-fi for $15 per day with unlimited 3G and it will support 5 devices simultaneously.
    03-04-12 09:32 PM
    thanx for the input but it doesn't look like that fixes the phone call issue AND their "our policy is to charge for every day the device is out" policy seems a bit dangerous.
    03-04-12 09:48 PM
    thanx for the input but it doesn't look like that fixes the phone call issue AND their "our policy is to charge for every day the device is out" policy seems a bit dangerous.
    If you have 7.1 you just use wi-fi calling, I've used that all over the world (unless your provider doesn't offer wi-fi calling). It is certainly cheaper than the $25 per day you would be paying for wi-fi.

You could also try Simple Mobile
    SIMPLE Mobile | No Contract Unlimited Wireless Plans
    03-04-12 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD