Does anyone else confuse how to use their laptops touchpad & Bold's touchscreen for dragging to scroll the screen up & down?

This 9900 is the first BB touchscreen device I have had, and whenever I'm sitting on my laptop (my BB is always beside me being used too), when I try to scroll up or down the screen on my laptop by dragging up/down the side of its touchpad, I almost ALWAYS start scrolling in the wrong direction! :S

On the BB, dragging from the bottom to the top lets you see more below, but on the laptop it does the opposite! (as all laptops do from scrolling afaik)

Gah! This is frustrating! I keep scrolling up web pages instead of down and getting lost where I was reading

At least I'm always scrolling the right way on my BB

Maybe I'm just a little dumb & slow Except I'm a pretty tech smart kinda guy and have used my laptop with its touchpad (no mouse) for 2 years just fine, but I've only had my 9900 for 2 or 3 days using it perfectly and am getting confused with my laptop

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one doing this!
    (or feel free to laugh at me)
    08-19-11 04:31 AM
    I don't. But I asked this question about people confusing the devices trackpad and the touchscreen (since both act the opposite way). I assume it would be more confusing between the trackpads navigation and the touchscreen navigation when they are on the same device and you use them both interchangeably for different functions.

But, I've been using touchscreen devices since the iPod Touch and Storm1, so I never get confused between my laptop trackpad, my desktop's trackpad (I have the Apple 'Magic Trackpad' instead of a normal mouse) and my phones touchscreen.
    08-19-11 04:41 AM
    I don't. But I asked this question about people confusing the devices trackpad and the touchscreen (since both act the opposite way). I assume it would be more confusing between the trackpads navigation and the touchscreen navigation when they are on the same device and you use them both interchangeably for different functions.

But, I've been using touchscreen devices since the iPod Touch and Storm1, so I never get confused between my laptop trackpad, my desktop's trackpad (I have the Apple 'Magic Trackpad' instead of a normal mouse) and my phones touchscreen.
    See, I don't get confused between trackpad and touchscreen usage though I'm guessing because of the size difference and the familiar location of the trackpad since it works the same as every other BB...

but my laptop's trackpad is about the same size as the Bold's screen... I think that's where my confusing comes from... plus I'll be using my Bold while sitting at my laptop and going back & forth between the two lol
    08-19-11 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD