Finally broke down and got the 9930 yesterday! Great device! With all that i have read about returned devices and all, I was a little nervous, but the build is perfect.....trackpad, keyboard, trim around the phone and everything else! I know there is a lot of complaining about RIM not doing enough or cut corners so I thought I would comment on what they did right! First, what a great look and feel to the device! Enough said about that, if you have not held or played with one yet, do so!! Second, the speed of the device and throwing in a touch screen really makes this device so much more rewarding than previous BB's! Is the device perfect? No not yet, battery life could be better(and it will get better) Some things could be done to make email a little better(I think with BIS 4.1) it will get better. Front facing camera wouldn't have been a bad idea. And of coarse we could go on and on about apps! But for what ever reason RIM really gets picked on for what is lacking and not what they have done well. This phone has come so so far compared to what was offered a year ago. You go to the iphone blog it's more about what makes the iphone great not it's short comings (which it has just as any platform does). So imo this phone is great and I don't see the point in nitpicking! I still don't understand where the advertising is from Verizon on this phone. If it wasn't for Crackberry you would barely know about this phone?! So thanks to Crackberry for all the info and answers to questions!!
    08-30-11 08:16 PM
    You can assume sites like CrackBerry report a disproportionate amount of hardware issues.
    08-30-11 08:20 PM
    You can assume sites like CrackBerry report a disproportionate amount of hardware issues.
    Of coarse, but nothing wrong with throwing a thread out here and there about what they have done well ! And I feel there is way more right than wrong with the 9930!!
    Mikey112 and robtanz like this.
    08-30-11 08:38 PM
    BlackBerry usually doesn't get a push from the carriers, the only one so far is the Torch. When in actuality the 9900/9930 deserves the promo....not from RIM but the carriers. Besides I'm tired of seeing iPhone commercials.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 08:54 PM
    BlackBerry usually doesn't get a push from the carriers, the only one so far is the Torch. When in actuality the 9900/9930 deserves the promo....not from RIM but the carriers. Besides I'm tired of seeing iPhone commercials.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah it's too bad because if a person hasn't been following this phone you would have no idea about the touch screen or the speed the 9930/00. In fact when I bought the phone I had gotten emails from the verizon reps asking how I liked it and what my likes and dislikes where. They didn't know much about it but at the same time realized it is a much improved Berry!!
    08-30-11 08:59 PM
    you just bought it yesterday lol don't praise it until at least a month of ownership.

my first bold lasted 3 hrs before i got the second one. second one worked for 2 days before i got my 3rd one. and I got my 3rd one this past sunday. tomorrow will be day 3. at this point i'd be surprised if it makes it to end of the week. if my phone is going to malfunction, i do hope its within 30 days of my original purchase so i can just give up and get a different phone. I really hope not though, this is the best phone i ever used (when its working, that is).
    08-30-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD