Hey everyone... I have a fair bit of experience fixing phones but I just got this Bold 9900 and I'm afraid of breaking something. The phone I have is missing a V key and so I bought one of these:

NEW Original QWERTY Keyboard Keypad For BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 9930 + TOOL | eBay

I disassembled the phone to find that the keyboard and touchpad are actually part of the same assembly which snap into this part that I bought, but I'm unsure of how to seperate them properly. Has anyone ever done this and can give me basic instructions? I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks alot!
    12-11-11 02:49 PM
    Thank you, but unfortunately not. I need to know how to separate the metal piece with the ribbon seen at 2:25 from the keypad itself.
    12-11-11 03:05 PM
    Maybe email or PM directfix on there youtube page and see if they can offer any advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-11 03:44 PM
    No response from them... anyone have any help for me? Would be much appreciated.
    12-14-11 10:55 PM
    i had tear down the keyboard parts, 3 parts of keyboard
    1st is the whole set keyboard,
    2nd is the flex cable stick to the metal part (3rd part) with double sided tape, easily ripped, so keyboard set locked to the metal part by melted plastic as u can see many kinda black dots.

so if u want to tear it apart, then theres in no way to lock it back, not as far i look for it, even all the so called oem keyboard set with flex cable and touchpad sale out there, some not perfectly melted/locked the keyboard.

so do it at ur own risk..still original keyboard is the most perfect, or except we can get it from RIM..

hope its help
    12-15-11 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD