Is there a way to keypad lock so that I have to press buttons to start the thing back up? I hate the button on the top - it gets deactivated too easily.

My old blackberrys I could keypad lock it so that I have to press '* and call button' to unlock. Is this still in the 9900s cus i cant find it on my phone.

Thanks!
    09-18-11 11:51 PM
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

I was just talking about this today, I slide it into my pocket and accidentally unlock it all the time! I wouldn't necessarily care if it didn't then begin to dial!

I would love to see an option not only to use "* + phone" to unlock the phone, but also to be able to customize the top button to something more useful to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 02:17 AM
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

I was just talking about this today, I slide it into my pocket and accidentally unlock it all the time! I wouldn't necessarily care if it didn't then begin to dial!

I would love to see an option not only to use "* + phone" to unlock the phone, but also to be able to customize the top button to something more useful to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Common issue, you can buy this App "SliderLock" to prevent from accidental unlock or call to someone...
    lifeguard11 likes this.
    09-19-11 02:50 AM
    Or the native Password Lock feature (Settings >> Security >> Password)

You don't need any CIA-proof password either, just a coupla clicks for quick access, but secure enough that it won't accidentally dial in your pocket or start an app.
    09-19-11 08:50 AM
    Autolock is the best slide to unlock app available! Have it on mine and I love it! I set the convenience key to activate it so I can lock it easily anytime I need to
    lifeguard11 likes this.
    09-19-11 08:52 AM
    Autolock is the best slide to unlock app available! Have it on mine and I love it! I set the convenience key to activate it so I can lock it easily anytime I need to
    Good to know. I use patternlock for s2 on my torch2. I hate it.
    what I do like about it is: notifications (bbm, txt, email) show on the pl home screen.
    Does autolock have this feature
    09-19-11 09:01 AM
    I use alt+enter with password protection enabled. It doesn't require you to push the sleep/wake button. Pretty convenient for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 09:17 AM
    I use alt+enter with password protection enabled. It doesn't require you to push the sleep/wake button. Pretty convenient for me
    +1
    Just set your device password to something easy and similar to the old * & phone keyboard unlock.

Problem solved.
    09-19-11 09:59 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    alt enter doesnt work for me.

and you cant set your password to anything less than 4 characters and u cant use * + phone button

I wish there was an easier way. I do not want to buy an app to lock my phone.... sounds kinda silly.
    09-19-11 10:04 AM
    alt enter doesnt work for me.

and you cant set your password to anything less than 4 characters and u cant use * + phone button

I wish there was an easier way. I do not want to buy an app to lock my phone.... sounds kinda silly.
    Are you trying this from the home screen? If it helps, I have keyboard shortcuts (on homescreen) set to off.

Best way to ensure that you're doing it right is to press Alt, let it go, then press Enter. This should automatically lock the device with a password once that option is enabled.
    psyry likes this.
    09-19-11 03:56 PM

Are you trying this from the home screen? If it helps, I have keyboard shortcuts (on homescreen) set to off.

Best way to ensure that you're doing it right is to press Alt, let it go, then press Enter. This should automatically lock the device with a password once that option is enabled.
    it brings up the language menu on mine (ie. a list of English (US), English UK and a variety of asian languages)
    09-19-11 04:05 PM
    it brings up the language menu on mine (ie. a list of English (US), English UK and a variety of asian languages)
    I`m in the same boat.....can`t use */SEND as a password. Hmmmmm.
    09-20-11 03:49 PM
    Hi, just go to Typing and Language menu, change the shortcut for changing language to None or Shift + Space and BOOM! You can use Alt + Enter to password lock the device
    09-28-11 03:50 AM
    Only related, isnt the lock button supposed to display the lock screen? Mine goes blank (dark) thought it was supposed to display the users home info? (my Storm did)
    09-28-11 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD