Well, over New Years I dropped by Bold and the symbol (sym) key stopped working. The little metal band got pushed under it. But I was wondering if I could take my phone somewhere and get it repaired or if there was a place to send it in. I really don't want to get a whole new device, but it is annoying not having a working sym key.

Or is there a DIY fix? I don't want to make anything worse, but it looks fixable.

Here is a picture.

Last edited by SaMaster14; 01-02-12 at 10:38 AM.
    01-02-12 10:21 AM
    OEM Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 Keyboard keypad Black :: Bold 9900 9930 :: Blackberry :: Keypad / Keyboard :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.

there you go.
    Keypads are one of the easiest repairs,and if you are good with a torx, you will be fine.

This WILL void your warranty.
    01-02-12 10:28 AM
    Thanks. Ill look into it.

Is there any place that will fix it under warranty without me needing a new phone? Or even fix it for a small fee? If possible I'd rather not void warranty, although I do have insurance on the device. Also, knowing me, I don't want to mess up my phone any further haha.
    01-02-12 10:32 AM
    mess it with some more and than claim insurance or just get new OEM keyboard
    01-02-12 02:26 PM
    Sorry for your keyboard....
    01-02-12 04:20 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to mess with it a bit, and if all else fails just use the BB key to get to symbols.

And sorry for the title typo. As most of you probably guessed, I meant Repair, not 'repain'.
    01-02-12 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD