i've had both. think i prefer the purpleish tone. have got a unit with great build (screen, key clicks etc) but to my eyes it does have an 'dull' white keyboard backlight with the 'call' & 'end call' buttons not as bright or well lit as the 'bb' & 'back' keys. the dull white backlight is kinda off putting against the screen which displays very 'bright' whites.

anyone else got a similiar dull white keyboard backlight?
    Last edited by alpha beta gaga; 09-01-11 at 07:26 AM.
    09-01-11 07:21 AM
    Mine seems to be on the bright white side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 07:37 AM
    I am so glad someone finally mentioned this. I've had my 9930 through Sprint since launch day and it seems as days passes my keys and the top of my trackpad is turning purple. This weekend I'm gonna take it back and compare. Kind of weird looking at my trackpad and only the bottom and sides of it are as white as the screen.....just sayin

09-01-11 08:41 AM
    I love the trackpad light. It looks like 3 colors around, just varying slightly. Looks so cool!

09-01-11 09:13 AM
    Mine seems to be a combination of purple and white and the dots on the menu are purple with the exception of 1 which is white. (this is my 2nd 9900 and the first was the same color pattern) Weird
    09-01-11 12:02 PM
    Mine seems to be a combination of purple and white and the dots on the menu are purple with the exception of 1 which is white. (this is my 2nd 9900 and the first was the same color pattern) Weird
    Yes, mine too. It's a nice neutral white with a purplish (sometimes annoying, but mostly when on auto dim) hue toward the entire right side.

09-01-11 12:39 PM
    amazes me how much these bolds vary in build. good to know that nearly all are different in one way or another. guess we all have unique units!
    09-01-11 02:08 PM
    pretty much everything is purple-ish on my device...
    09-01-11 03:41 PM
    I don't think the devices vary in back light color. I think we are all just color blind to some extent.

My back light doesn't look "pure" white to me. Some I think see this tint as purpleish and other don't. I doubt that 2 phones look different to the same person.
    09-01-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD