Cant tell if serious, or troll....
    I vote troll

But in case not here is a link to a proper Kevin review, the difference between the full review and the 10 min review should be obvious.

http://http://forums.crackberry.com/...-review-33837/
    Last edited by jimpilot; 08-14-11 at 04:31 PM.
    08-14-11 04:22 PM
    Cant tell if serious, or troll....
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    08-14-11 04:30 PM
    Hey Guys,

Pulled an all-nighter last night and the end of the review is in sight. Few things to finish writing up and gotta make it look pretty. Aiming to put it live at 12:01am ET... so it's fresh for the Monday news cycle. If for whatever reason the plan changes, will let you know here.

So we're just hours away now....

Kevin
    Totally interested in giving this one a read. )
    08-14-11 04:48 PM
    Hey Guys,

Pulled an all-nighter last night and the end of the review is in sight. Few things to finish writing up and gotta make it look pretty. Aiming to put it live at 12:01am ET... so it's fresh for the Monday news cycle. If for whatever reason the plan changes, will let you know here.

So we're just hours away now....

Kevin
    In the 10 minute review posted yesterday at 4:44 PM (nice time for it by the way), you said, and I quote "The in-depth analysis is coming in the full written CrackBerry review, which will be hitting the blogs tomorrow". 12:01 is a day later than you said by a whole minute!!! The world is ending because of it!!!!! I guess I'll read the review tomorrow, it better be good if it'll take a few hours more than I expected, but if this is at all like the PlayBook review it might take you an hour or so to write up the table of contents! :P
    dadymon likes this.
    08-14-11 05:08 PM
    i should post my own review. ive had the 9900 since june lol
    noTh1ng likes this.
    08-14-11 05:15 PM
    OK, Here's a little teaser... this was getting to long to be part of the review so moved into a standalone blog post. Enjoy! And leave your feedback if you're already rocking a 9900.. curious to see it.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Battery Life: Our Early Observations | CrackBerry.com
    08-14-11 05:20 PM
    In the 10 minute review posted yesterday at 4:44 PM (nice time for it by the way), you said, and I quote "The in-depth analysis is coming in the full written CrackBerry review, which will be hitting the blogs tomorrow". 12:01 is a day later than you said by a whole minute!!! The world is ending because of it!!!!! I guess I'll read the review tomorrow, it better be good if it'll take a few hours more than I expected, but if this is at all like the PlayBook review it might take you an hour or so to write up the table of contents! :P
    Lol. Yeah, that's the walk through video that'll be part of the review. I'm always a bit late with reviews. Mixed up the format from the PlayBook one a bit... this one is sort of done in two parts... first part is a quick summary (for those who want the premise in under 5 minutes), and below that is the crackberry kevin long winded story.

Hopefully still on schedule.. but got delayed a bit with that post.

will keep you posted on when it's hitting.
    bighap likes this.
    08-14-11 05:22 PM
    OK, Here's a little teaser... this was getting to long to be part of the review so moved into a standalone blog post. Enjoy! And leave your feedback if you're already rocking a 9900.. curious to see it.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Battery Life: Our Early Observations | CrackBerry.com
    I like it, good job Kevin, well written. Definitely makes me feel better about the battery life, read some posts of people losing 50% in like couple hours :s. I would consider myself a fairly heavy user (GF would say I'm excessive, always the case right). Either way, can't wait to get my 9900 tomorrow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 05:43 PM
    Will anyone be doing a more extensive review of the 9810? I think this one is the one I'm going with just hate at&t! Thanks

08-14-11 05:46 PM
    I don't think its coming today, maybe tomorrow.
    08-14-11 10:17 PM
    That really depends on your time zone now doesnt it.
    08-14-11 10:19 PM
    That really depends on your time zone now doesnt it.
    true that, i'm on EST so about 40mins left today.

However Kevin is in Winnipeg and he has 1hr 40mins left today.

Worst case, I will have some reading to do at work tomorrow.
    08-14-11 10:22 PM
    Just wait! There's less than 40 mins to go!
    08-14-11 10:25 PM
    HEY GUYS...

OK, not gonna be going up at midnight like I was planning. The battery life debate on the homepage consumed the last few hours (and now my eyes are getting very sleepy as I keep typing). I'm just finding it very weird how polarized the battery reports are. It almost seems like it has to be a combination of hardware/network as I don't think software/battery/OS issues would be so polarized (it's more like everybody would get crap life then). To see some people report great life and others really poor life is just baffling me. And it seems like the split is nearly 50/50..which is weird. Gonna move past it now and just keep going... but really want to get it sorted. it's such a great device.. i want everybody to get good battery life on it!
    08-14-11 10:35 PM
    i hope its midnight easteren time.
    08-14-11 10:36 PM
    Can we get another small section of the review to hold us over?
    08-14-11 10:37 PM

08-14-11 10:41 PM
    It almost seems like it has to be a combination of hardware/network as I don't think software/battery/OS issues would be so polarized...
    Well...since we're both on Rogers and you're getting good battery life with your 9900, then I can't wait to get my Gretzky tomorrow!!!
    08-14-11 10:42 PM
    Can we not just get the review in two halves? It takes a few hours to go trough one of Kevin's full reviews, almost a book lol.

Actually, that's a VERY good idea.
    08-14-11 10:55 PM
    HEY GUYS...

OK, not gonna be going up at midnight like I was planning. The battery life debate on the homepage consumed the last few hours (and now my eyes are getting very sleepy as I keep typing). I'm just finding it very weird how polarized the battery reports are. It almost seems like it has to be a combination of hardware/network as I don't think software/battery/OS issues would be so polarized (it's more like everybody would get crap life then). To see some people report great life and others really poor life is just baffling me. And it seems like the split is nearly 50/50..which is weird. Gonna move past it now and just keep going... but really want to get it sorted. it's such a great device.. i want everybody to get good battery life on it!

I just woke up, as it is 7am in Germany and expected a good ole CrackBerry review never mind, take your time, I just don't want to wait any longer and protect people from reading rubbish reviews (BGR)!
    Last edited by noTh1ng; 08-15-11 at 12:10 AM.
    08-15-11 12:05 AM
    I just woke up, as it is 7am in Germany and expected a good ole CrackBerry review never mind, take your time, I just don't want to wait any longer and protect people from reading rubbish reviews (BGR)!
    Me too! I'm from holland, it's half past eight now! C'mon Kevin(!!!)
    08-15-11 12:31 AM
    I'm looking at it this way: you often wait a year for the next book in a series, and CB Kevin's reviews are about as long, so wait another day or so!

On a separate note, judging by some of Kevin's tweets, he loves the 9900 keyboard. What are the odds he'll write the review with it? :P
    08-15-11 08:36 AM
    9930's been shipped, hoping I read the review before the phone arrives
    08-15-11 11:13 AM
    honestly who cares about kevins review, its going to biased to all ****, it wont be accurate because the guy refuses to admit the flaws in the product. Id suggest a review that honest and straight forward. If the bold's camera is garbage kevin will not say its bad he will say its good enough, or if the battery is bad he will say its fine for a days use. Instead of saying this isnt good enough/not acceptable. my point here is that he has his *** so far up RIM's *** they could release a phone with OS 6 change the icons and call it OS 7 (cough, 9900)and the guy would praise it as the best thing ever. Dont hate on me because i have to the balls to state the facts, i want this phone to be awesome too, reality is its not. I want a upgrade to my 9700 but this phone dosent warrant a 250 dollar price tag with a 2 year contract, when the next powerhouse android and IOS devices are getting released in 2 months.
    08-15-11 11:33 AM
    Go read Kevin's Torch 1 review and then come back with that BS.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
    anon(728548) and ericlc2 like this.
    08-15-11 11:36 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD