Hey all,

Downloaded a 7.0 Bundle 2406 software update from Telus last week with no issues. Tonight I downloaded upgrades to my Whatsapp and Blackberry Travel apps.

After installing, I keep getting the stalling clock everytime I try to do anything on the phone.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix that would not require me to reinstall a software update?

Thanks. The clock is super annoying!
    01-26-12 10:14 PM
    Delete one of the apps and reboot and see if you keep getting he clock. The device was working before you updated BBT and WA. So it would probably be one of those apps that is causing it.
    01-26-12 10:18 PM
    Trying that now... will let you know
    01-26-12 10:32 PM
    Tried it, issue still happening.

should I do a restore of my last backup?
    01-26-12 10:53 PM
    If you have a recent back up. No harm in doing that. You have not installed anything else? Other than the two you mentioned? Any settings changed? Themes installed?
    01-26-12 10:56 PM
    Nope. Just upgraded those two apps. That's it.

And I am literally getting the clock on everything I try to do since I did it.

Emails, texts, apps etc.

Do you think I am using too much memory? What's the best way to check?

Thanks
    M
    01-26-12 10:59 PM
    You can Alt+Back to see all your open apps. If you have more than the base 5, you should switch to them and close them. You did say that you rebooted your device though. Shouldn't be carrying over.
    01-26-12 11:04 PM
    Yeah, did 4 reboots to try and fix.

Now I am charging the battery because of them before I can do the restore.

For memory, I just meant maybe I have too many apps? Could that be doing it and the last two just pushed it over the edge? I am not sure how to check how much available memory I have and how much is enough to get running normally again
    01-26-12 11:06 PM
    Don't think it could have anything to do with that. Your storage space would not be effecting your device responsiveness.

Options>>Device>>Application Management is where you want to go. You can scroll through storage, CPU, Usage, etc..
    01-26-12 11:09 PM
    It is fluctuating but says I have at least 50 percent free in the CPU
    01-26-12 11:13 PM
    that being said, I got the clock three times while trying to check
    01-26-12 11:14 PM
    Something is going on. Some app or module or process is polling, processing. Back up your device and prepare to wipe. Either something went wrong with the updates, or something. It happens. I updated BBM last week and lost it. Not sure, but after 4 reboots and uninstalling both apps and you are experiencing the same issue. I would reload the OS.
    01-26-12 11:16 PM
    you don't think a straight restore will work?

You think I should do a whole OS re-install? I am leery of doing an OS install. Had some issues with it when I updated last week. I am hoping just a back-up will do it.
    01-26-12 11:18 PM
    Oh, I mentioned if you had a recent restore. I assumed you didn't. Yes, try a restore first.
    01-26-12 11:20 PM
    yeah, I have a fairly recent one since I did it before I did the OS upgrade last week.

I am not going to back up this faulty version, or should I anyway?
    01-26-12 11:21 PM
    Only the information you may have changed, like contacts and notes and stuff you have saved on your device. If all of your info is on your media card, you can back up as a precaution. I don't expect you'll ever want to restore.
    01-26-12 11:25 PM
    okay cool. I will try it and let you know what happens and if the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your help
    01-26-12 11:35 PM
    No worries. Hope it goes well.
    01-26-12 11:37 PM
    I (think I) recently messed up two BlackBerrys by installing more than one app before a reboot (both apps prompt). You said you updated two apps. Did you reboot after the first and then install the second? If not, perhaps that might be an issue.

That said I am not certain a reboot is needed after each app install. I just know I killed two phones like this. Restored both by the way.
    01-27-12 12:53 AM
    I don't think so. I usually install two-three apps at the same time and do not reboot until all my changes have been made. When I delete apps, I delete them all, then reboot.

The number of apps you change on your device, should not impact functionality. Unless something went wrong with the installation itself.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-27-12 12:32 PM
    The problem seems to have corrected itself.

Before I even did a restore, it went away.

And yeah, I upgraded both the Traffic and Whatsapp applications and then did the reboot. I do think you're right and doing them both before the restart is what might have contributed to it
    01-27-12 01:06 PM
    This problem came back again tonight and I think this time I will have to do a wipe and a restore. I just backed up the data. Is there a thread where I can find out the best way to wipe and restore? If anyone can help, that would be great. The stalling clock is the absolute worst and I keep getting it tonight. Almost as soon as I scroll to anything.
    03-06-12 09:10 PM
    Got this figured out after I wiped and restored.

FYI, my theory on the glitch is that it is either related to Whatapp or this happens when I download an app upgrade. Do not restart. Then download another app upgrade and then restart. This is what has happened twice.

From now on, I am only going to install/upgrade one app at a time.
    03-07-12 03:42 PM
    I (think I) recently messed up two BlackBerrys by installing more than one app before a reboot (both apps prompt). You said you updated two apps. Did you reboot after the first and then install the second? If not, perhaps that might be an issue.

That said I am not certain a reboot is needed after each app install. I just know I killed two phones like this. Restored both by the way.
    Some may say this shouldn't matter but I "borked" a bb once doing this and now I reboot after every app I update. Learned my lesson.
    03-07-12 04:03 PM
    Got this figured out after I wiped and restored.

FYI, my theory on the glitch is that it is either related to Whatapp or this happens when I download an app upgrade. Do not restart. Then download another app upgrade and then restart. This is what has happened twice.

From now on, I am only going to install/upgrade one app at a time.
    I am on Telus, but I run the leaked OS 7.1. I installed several apps include an upgrade to App World and then restarted with no issues. May be this problem is only on the Telus official OS 7.0 version.

If you want, you can always upgrade your OS to whatever the one you like.
    03-07-12 05:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD