I have a Blackberry 9900 and I have free memory both on the phone memory and the memory card and some how when I want to download an application I get a huge message saying your memory is full you need to delete apps or lanaguages you don't need!! Why am I getting this message if I have free memory PLEASE HELP! It makes my phone super slow and gets stuck constantly!
    01-14-13 07:41 AM
    I'm afraid the Bold 9900 has 512 mb's of app storage capability, don't think there is anyway around this, others have tried without success.
    01-14-13 08:39 AM
    how many apps have you got installed on the devive??
    01-14-13 09:26 AM
    storage memory on the phone and memory card isnt used for apps, you need to check the application memory to make sure you have space to download an app, if you want more space you can install a hybrid os and shrink it but it wont free up a huge amount of app memory
    01-14-13 01:50 PM
    I'm afraid the Bold 9900 has 512 mb's of app storage capability
    No need to be afraid... but it's 768MB of application memory
    01-14-13 01:56 PM
    storage memory on the phone and memory card isnt used for apps, you need to check the application memory to make sure you have space to download an app, if you want more space you can install a hybrid os and shrink it but it wont free up a huge amount of app memory
    Shrinking is the way to go! I saved over 100MB of space by shrinking the OS first. That adds up to a lot of extra apps and themes!
    Long live BB Hybrid Tools!!!
    Legal Eagle and Berry_Pink like this.
    01-16-13 07:47 AM
    No need to be afraid... but it's 768MB of application memory
    I stand corrected.
    01-16-13 08:47 AM
    No matter what you do there always will be memory problems in blackberry unless they can invent the function of installing programs on memory card. Where we were able to do on a windows mobile phone 8 years ago...
    magutwit likes this.
    01-18-13 03:30 PM
    Shrinking is the way to go! I saved over 100MB of space by shrinking the OS first. That adds up to a lot of extra apps and themes!
    Long live BB Hybrid Tools!!!
    Did you lose any of your data after doing it? Did you make a full back-up first? Weren't you afraid of something going wrong after it? I'm thinking do it too...I've just discovered this possibility, so I may sound a bit strange to those who know well this option Sorry.
    01-18-13 03:45 PM
    Did you lose any of your data after doing it? Did you make a full back-up first? Weren't you afraid of something going wrong after it? I'm thinking do it too...I've just discovered this possibility, so I may sound a bit strange to those who know well this option Sorry.
    shrinking an OS just removes certain features you don't use. i get most OS from 200+ MB to like 45mb - 65mb and never notice the difference over a full OS
    01-18-13 05:22 PM