Ok, so I did plenty of search and couldnt find the same exact situation. Thought I'd post it to hopefully get some help with it. I have a 9930 running 7.1 bundle 457. A couple of days ago, I was browsing the internet when I got the JVM error but it didnt ask me to reset, it asked to continue. I clicked continue and it booted normally, however, ever since, I lost the BB data logo that shows up next to the 3G. It only shows up when im connected to wifi. I still have data connection though. It just doesnt show the logo. I checked the event log and found two JVM errors. E system and S system. Attached is an image of the event log.
    I reloaded OS7.1 on top of the current one and that didnt solve the problem.
    Will downgraded to 7.0 then upgrading to 7.1 solve this problem? Anyone have any insight on this?
    01-30-12 08:35 PM
    No real insight, but if you either perform a Wipe and start fresh, or of course downgrade, that should fix the problem... you probably just have a corrupted system file. But at this point, go ahead and at least do one of the above, because your phone can brick any day now... basically. This way, you avoid being somewhere and suddenly your phone bricks... that would not be cool (more likely in your device's state now... nothing concrete, but based on my first Bold bricking 2x, i wouldn't trust it) Since these JVM errors have been ridiculously common since the 99xx's release, the device has already given you enough reason not to trust it in the near future without a re-install or device wipe from the phone itself.

cheeers, good luck, have fun,...just don't say you're done with blackberry and you'd rather have an iphone. :P
    Last edited by pblakk; 01-30-12 at 08:44 PM.
    01-30-12 08:42 PM
    Those 2 entries in the Events Log are normal. We all have them, you can't delete them, and they're nothing to do with your problem.

Try another battery pull to see if your BB symbol comes back. If it doesn't, you'll have to reload your OS.
    01-30-12 08:43 PM
    No real insight, but if you either perform a Wipe and start fresh, or of course downgrade, that should fix the problem... you probably just have a corrupted system file. But at this point, go ahead and at least do one of the above, because your phone can brick any day now... basically. This way, you avoid being somewhere and suddenly your phone bricks... that would not be cool. Since these JVM errors have been ridiculously common since the 99xx's release, the device has already given you enough reason not to trust it in the near future without a re-install or device wipe from the phone itself.

cheeers, good luck, have fun,...just don't say you're done with blackberry and you'd rather have an iphone. :P
    Yea, thats constantly on my mind. I would rather settle for not having a phone over an iPhone. Cant believe you said iPhone.... haha!

I'll wipe and do a downgrade and upgrade and post what happens. Thanks!
    01-30-12 08:46 PM
    Those 2 entries in the Events Log are normal. We all have them, you can't delete them, and they're nothing to do with your problem.

Try another battery pull to see if your BB symbol comes back. If it doesn't, you'll have to reload your OS.
    I've done plenty of battery pulls. hasnt solved it.
    Those errors weren't there when i first got the phone so I dont think those errors should exist. Specially when they claim severity level of sever error.
    01-30-12 08:48 PM
    I've done plenty of battery pulls. hasnt solved it.
    Those errors weren't there when i first got the phone so I dont think those errors should exist. Specially when they claim severity level of sever error.
    Phil is right. Those two errors show in mine as well. I have the 7.1 frm verizon and it was also there on the 7.0 OS.
    01-30-12 08:53 PM
    Trust me, they were there... they've been there since OS6 and we've all got them.

Just ignore them, they're nothing to do with your problem.
    Yea, thats constantly on my mind. I would rather settle for not having a phone over an iPhone. Cant believe you said iPhone.... haha!

I'll wipe and do a downgrade and upgrade and post what happens. Thanks!
    I knew that would make you cringe... heck after my 2 or even 3 JVM's, re-installs, and device replacement, I still wouldn't get an iphone... as if that were the only other option. Just been a pattern the boards that's all...

I'll tell you though, you may just want to start with a wipe and stay with 7.1. 7.1 has been VERY stable for me, i've had all of I think 3 official Verizon OS 7's since I got my first Bold back in August, and the improvement is huge in stability. I still have the random screen freezes though.. few seconds here and there. Over regular use, I definitely I have to either do a battery pull or key combo reset once/week. Interestingly, it is annoying though, since really none of my prior blackberries gave me as much grief as the Bold/OS 7 has given.... but still brutally too good to give up.
    Update:
    I did a downgrade to 7.0 then upgrade to 7.1 and problem has not been solved.
    I did a complete wipe and installed 7.1 and problem has not been solved.

Any other thoughts on what i can do? Is it possible to be a network error (i doubt, since it was there at one point)?
    01-31-12 01:16 PM
    Can anyone else help with this problem? I dont know what to do and the ppl at verizon are just robots reading off screens (no offense). They're not of any help.
    02-03-12 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD