Three times now in two days I've had this 9930 crash with JVM Error 117. All three times I was streaming from radioio.com which I do every morning from my Bold 9000 or my PB. I'm hesitant to reload the OS, since its a loaner from VZW for me to test. But its also making me worried, because I'm itching to buy a 9900 from T-Mo. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

If anyone wants to see if they can replicate, the link I use is:

http://cc04.radioio.com:8000/stream?EXT=.mp3

It's the Bubba The Love Sponge Show. Just be forewarned, although it is an FM radio show being streamed on the internet, it could be considered NSFW for some workplaces. They bleep cursewords, etc, but sometimes the subject matter might not be for all audiences. headphones strongly suggested JIC.
    09-02-11 03:59 PM
    Which phone do you have the 9000 or 9930 .. your post is confusing.

If It is a 9930, perhaps something is corrupting the phone from when you switched devices. do a clean re-instaill of the os, .. wipe the device and start from scratch. Use the device switch wizard in desktop manager. When prompted just do contacts and leave 3rd party apps unchecked .. re-install apps one at a time to see if one is giving you a conflict.

Happened with me with my 9700 and it turned out to be a non-compatible app.
    09-02-11 07:11 PM
    It seems to me that this device can't handle too much data at one time. I don't think the processor is being used to its fullest extent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 07:19 PM
    Like my post says, its a 9930. Didn't do any switch wizard or restore. I just activated on BES and loaded a couple apps from m.google.com and AppWorld
    09-02-11 07:21 PM
    It seems to me that this device can't handle too much data at one time. I don't think the processor is being used to its fullest extent.

I haven't even been multi-tasking on it when it crashed, it's just streaming while I play with my PB.
    09-02-11 07:22 PM
    I am also experiencing jvm error 117 & reset on my BB9900.

Can anyone advise me a fix pleaaaase.

Thank you.
    Last edited by marery; 09-03-11 at 12:26 PM.
    09-03-11 12:13 PM
    I have had my VZW 9930 for almost two months now, I just experience the JVM Error 117 after playing videos clips from previous 9630.

I haven't had this issue until after I had to reload the software for a different reason.
    10-06-11 09:23 PM
    I'm listening to the radio stream as we speak on my Bold 9650 and it runs perfectly fine, I can even switch tabs and have it run on one tab while I browse the web on other ones.

10-06-11 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD