I wonder if something like this can be used, trough the HD recording maybe, anyway, just something that came up in a google search. Seems ironic the same technology is used to get clear micro images.

That was very interesting and informative and obviously the tech exists within EDOF to take very fine shots.....
    ...I have to admit I was alarmed when the guy said he needed to take 250 shots of the spider.
    ...And then use special software that determines what the best picture was out of those 250 shots.
    08-14-11 04:43 PM
    That was very interesting and informative and obviously the tech exists within EDOF to take very fine shots.....
    ...I have to admit I was alarmed when the guy said he needed to take 250 shots of the spider.
    ...And then use special software that determines what the best picture was out of those 250 shots.
    Wouldn't the HD video camera do that in less then a second? He was talking tiny spiders anyway
    08-14-11 04:50 PM
    python-fanboy is just trolling at this point. if they are not the same person, they need to be. RIM made a decision NOT to include auto focus. clearly this is important to you. go buy another phone. keep your bold 9650. or better yet, buy mine so you have 2!

being able to take a picture of your work documents is important to you, sorry the rest of us place a lower priority on that. as did rim.
    s.ben likes this.
    08-14-11 04:51 PM
    Wouldn't the HD video camera do that in less then a second? He was talking tiny spiders anyway
    Yeah, he was - perhaps the video camera can be used to overcome the close up issue. As long as I can submit pics in damage reports that don't get returned & can create a pdf off the phone when I need to I would be happy.

Oh, one thing that was funny was the guy talking about the expressions people had when he ordered cases of KY jelly LOL.

-----------Now back to business-------------

python-fanboy is just trolling at this point. if they are not the same person, they need to be. RIM made a decision NOT to include auto focus. clearly this is important to you. go buy another phone. keep your bold 9650. or better yet, buy mine so you have 2!

being able to take a picture of your work documents is important to you, sorry the rest of us place a lower priority on that. as did rim.
    A) I'm a blackberry user.

B) I am concerned about the direction RIM is headed.

C) I tell the truth.

D) this issue is IMPORTANT to anyone who uses their smartphone in the capacity of business.

Trust me, just stick around until the professional review start to pour in and after you've been stump busted enough you will realize that it is you that's in the minority - not people who expect a business smartphone to be able to do business.
    08-14-11 05:00 PM
    Yeah, he was - perhaps the video camera can be used to overcome the close up issue. As long as I can submit pics in damage reports that don't get returned & can create a pdf off the phone when I need to I would be happy.

Oh, one thing that was funny was the guy talking about the expressions people had when he ordered cases of KY jelly LOL.

-----------Now back to business-------------

A) I'm a blackberry user.

B) I am concerned about the direction RIM is headed.

C) I tell the truth.

D) this issue is IMPORTANT to anyone who uses their smartphone in the capacity of business.

Trust me, just stick around until the professional review start to pour in and after you've been stump busted enough you will realize that it is you that's in the minority - not people who expect a business smartphone to be able to do business.
    What if you could submit HD video of damage reports? Live cometary and all, could save you a lot of time no?
    08-14-11 05:09 PM
    so python, how did you get your hands on the 9930 before it came out? you are speaking from experience, right? perhaps you just haven't figured out how to take good pictures. keep practicing. maybe you will get better?

i will stick around. i have been here a lot longer than you. and i own a very successful business. i also use a program called evernote. ever heard of it?
    08-14-11 05:11 PM
    With all the bogus comparisons and troll allegations this topic has run to a logical end point. When someone has taken their own first hand photos to demonstrate the quality of the 99xx camera, the photographer can post a new thread.
    08-14-11 05:14 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD