Alright I just updated to Verizon's newest release. I had issues with desktop manager backing up my phone. The back up would go smoothly until the end where it would then just sit there for up to 20 minutes before I hit the cancel button. So I figured, screw it, I'll just use google sync to get all my contacts back. So I went ahead and updated the OS without backing up (since the backup wouldn't complete). I then tried to get google sync and found out that google sync is no more!! How do I get all my contacts from google back onto my phone (other than the manual, one by one, method)??
    11-21-12 09:35 PM
    You can set up your Gmail address to be the default service on your BlackBerry and it will sync your contacts and calendar to your device after the email security set up.

You can also find Google Sync available from several users who have posted DropBox links here in the forums if you search for it.

Here is as example for you for where you can get it...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7667665

Hope this helps.
    11-21-12 11:03 PM
    When I go to options->device->advanced system settings->default settings it won't let me choose my gmail for calendar or contacts. It will let me choose if for messages though.
    11-22-12 05:14 AM
    When I go to options->device->advanced system settings->default settings it won't let me choose my gmail for calendar or contacts. It will let me choose if for messages though.
    Delete your gmail account and set it again dude....there are service books missing or the account is not activated....it will show up again!I have personally experienced such problem...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 05:36 AM
    You can set up your Gmail address to be the default service on your BlackBerry and it will sync your contacts and calendar to your device after the email security set up.
    In the email set-up application, after you add your Gmail address there is a security pop up application screen that asks for verification of your information to be able to sync to your device. You will then be asked to "Sync Now". Click yes, and it will sync right before your eyes with a progress bar. Then go back in and make sure it is selected as the default for all of your services.

HTH
    11-22-12 08:15 AM
    I dont know if this as been solved but here it goes, go into your email press the blackberry button beside your trackpad, go to options then look for email account management click on that you should see your gmail account click on that, menu will come up, click on edit, scroll down to synchronization option you should see calendar, contacts, deleted items, make sure theres a check mark on what applies to you.
    11-23-12 06:37 PM