Just replaced the screen with the whole assembly unit (digitiser + lcd together) and it works, but the touch screen part does not.

A couple of battery pulls later and it still wont work.

Suggestions? Worried now, spent �45 on a potential lemon.
    04-28-12 10:48 AM
    did you but an actual OEM screen?
    or did you look for a cheaper alternate?
    04-28-12 11:59 AM
    Genuine BB screen, �42s worth.
    04-28-12 02:34 PM
    Actually people were looking for a way to disable the touchscreen.
    Just found it.
    04-28-12 02:55 PM
    You may not have the correct model for the device. There are at least 2 different lcd screens. You need to ensure the code stamped on the back of the screen matches to the original.
    04-29-12 02:46 AM
    I made sure of that. They're both 001/111.

I have bigger problems now, anyway (see other post :/)
    04-29-12 08:46 AM
    You sure you didn't damaged anything while replacing it? You could try again disassemble & assemble the phone and see if that helps?
    04-29-12 08:50 AM
    Now de-bricked the phone, took a button mash to get the keyboard working again as that had stopped working too, but the touch screen still does not work :/
    04-29-12 10:49 AM
    Hmm hard to say what's the issue now. I just hope you don't have accidently damaged something important!
    Or try to reload the OS or update it to a newer OS but hard to say that this is OS related.
    I though have took apart my 99XX for the housing and it's still working so far though.
    I would disassemble and carefully look at each individual parts and see if something is damaged and retry again.
    04-29-12 11:11 AM
    Hmm hard to say what's the issue now. I just hope you don't have accidently damaged something important!
    Or try to reload the OS or update it to a newer OS but hard to say that this is OS related.
    I though have took apart my 99XX for the housing and it's still working so far though.
    I would disassemble and carefully look at each individual parts and see if something is damaged and retry again.
    Took it apart again and put the old damaged screen back in, touch works fine as do the buttons (i think the connector simply wasnt on properly for the buttonboard).

The ribbon connector at the end has a dent/cut in it, so i'm sending it back for a replacement. Cheers.
    04-29-12 12:27 PM
    See you most likely got your issue solved right now. Goodluck with it Krydel!
    04-29-12 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD