Although I had several Bolds back in the day, coming off of using a Classic then Passport and most recently a Priv my first impression was "oh wow this is smaller than I remember"!! Keyboard feels great though! Browser speed is manageable *on WiFi so far anyway. Can't wait to get a Sim from AT&T and get this gorgeous lil' guy up and running!!
    Murundum likes this.
    03-02-17 10:12 PM
    Is going into the AT&T store and getting it activated there the easiest way? Obviously I'll need a different SIM card, I don't know that I want to mess around with an adapter. Also getting the service books figured out has been a hassle for some people recently as more of the customer service people have forgotten how BIS works so I'd rather just go in and make sure I'm up and running before I leave. Thoughts?
    03-02-17 10:30 PM
    Congrats on going back to a great little device. I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience. You're going to have fun with the reps at the AT&T store if you go in trying to activate it. They'll likely look down on you and laugh. Stand your ground and get that BIS.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:36 PM
    How about some pics?

Using an adapter is no issue for most, just don't incert the SIM like in the countless Youtube vids where they do it so quickly they are lucky they don't break a pin! And if that happens then it is pretty much toast. Yes some prefer to use the SIM without an adapter, but I personally prefer the adapter because it gives you something more to get a grasp on when incerting or removing.

It's still plenty fast and fun to use. No Bloatware to bog it down.

Yes if doing the service books is an issue (sometimes it isn't enough to send them yourself on the 9900) you will have to keep trying with your provider until you get someone that remembers how to send them. I was lucky that I got a girl with Rogers when I had to call.....she started in 2010 or so and all she did was Blackberry she said, so I was glad she knew exactly what to do.....it sounded like a bit of work!

I have never had to worry about BIS with Rogers in Canada, it is always included and I do not have to call everytime I switch devices or anything like that.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-02-17 at 11:56 PM.
    03-02-17 11:44 PM
    I'll get some pics taken when I get home
    Just waiting on the BlackBerry hard shell case to arrive now! Should be up and running as my daily driver tomorrow.
    03-03-17 02:49 PM
    03-03-17 08:45 PM
    Quite the progression but I've had enough of the big phones, apps, being consumed by a device and all the distractions etc.
    idssteve and luminosity6 like this.
    03-03-17 08:47 PM
    Welcome back home to the realm of compact comfort! Say farewell to the stress of distraction. Kick back, relax, and enjoy a device optimized to comfortably collaborate WITH life.
    03-03-17 11:20 PM
    Nice. Although even on the 9900 I do find myself still relatively distracted because I follow 4 news groups on Twitter for text notifications anytime there is major news. The trick is to pick the networks that don't tweet worthless meaningless dribble I am limited to 200 text's a day now from Twitter since my account is pretty big (thats when they limit you)

Another issue is that on the 9900 notifications actually WORK TOO GOOD!!!!! So this means you GET EVERY ONE and all day LONG too! For example on Facebook I NEVER get audible notifs on the iphone or ipad.....I don't know why that is.....yes I have notifs turned ON but it has never worked. You can rest assured that if you get a FB pic comment or LIKE, you WILL get the notif on the 9900. (Also for the Chat Inbox IF you keep the Browser version of FB open)

But at least you won't be getting Snapchat notifs on the 9900

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-04-17 03:50 AM
    Is going into the AT&T store and getting it activated there the easiest way? Obviously I'll need a different SIM card, I don't know that I want to mess around with an adapter. Also getting the service books figured out has been a hassle for some people recently as more of the customer service people have forgotten how BIS works so I'd rather just go in and make sure I'm up and running before I leave. Thoughts?
    When I got my "new" 9900 activated at the local AT&T store, all the rep did was take the battery out and, using a hand held scanner, scanned the bar code in the battery compartment. He showed me that their system recognized it as a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and automatically activated it with BIS...no problem. I was out of the store in 15 minutes after he popped in the new SIM card. The AT&T store is the way to go to activate it.
    03-04-17 12:19 PM
    When I got my "new" 9900 activated at the local AT&T store, all the rep did was take the battery out and, using a hand held scanner, scanned the bar code in the battery compartment. He showed me that their system recognized it as a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and automatically activated it with BIS...no problem. I was out of the store in 15 minutes after he popped in the new SIM card. The AT&T store is the way to go to activate it.
    That's what I'm talking about.
    Frehley likes this.
    03-04-17 12:20 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123541.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	418566
    Great collection...I never did get a Passport. Always wanted the SE, but just didn't pull the trigger.
    03-04-17 07:39 PM
    Great collection...I never did get a Passport. Always wanted the SE, but just didn't pull the trigger.
    The Passport is too big for me for anything other than a "play" device. I always wanted the SE, so I got one. Then I got the Black just for the heck of it and realized I would've been quite satisfied with the black, maybe even more so than the SE. Don't trust the pictures! In real life the Passport black does not look cheap and is much nicer than I expected.
    I would almost say it feels more 9900 than the SE does...
    03-04-17 09:29 PM
    The Passport is too big for me for anything other than a "play" device. I always wanted the SE, so I got one. Then I got the Black just for the heck of it and realized I would've been quite satisfied with the black, maybe even more so than the SE. Don't trust the pictures! In real life the Passport black does not look cheap and is much nicer than I expected.
    I would almost say it feels more 9900 than the SE does...
    The "Black" ?
    03-04-17 10:37 PM
    That'll work -- but you can also get the new SIM card provisioned over the phone if you don't wanna hang out at the AT&T store. AT&T's network will figure out the BIS all by itself -- AT&T seems pretty OK with the bring-your-own-BlackBerry idea.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-04-17 11:25 PM
    Ditto. I was always too skeptical about the keyboard. So I watched @Newfangled do the test

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 01:43 PM
    Ditto. I was always too skeptical about the keyboard. So I watched @Newfangled do the test

Posted via CB10
    I think I'm ready to give the Passport another shot. I've decided I want to collect BB10 devices, so even if I don't end up using it as a daily driver, it will hold a place of honor in my collection.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    03-05-17 03:46 PM
    I think I'm ready to give the Passport another shot. I've decided I want to collect BB10 devices, so even if I don't end up using it as a daily driver, it will hold a place of honor in my collection.

Try an AT&T Passport. They're getting pretty cheap on Ebay. The softer keyboard and round corners are so nice. Plus wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 03:51 PM
    Try an AT&T Passport. They're getting pretty cheap on Ebay. The softer keyboard and round corners are so nice. Plus wireless charging.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm...I always wrote off the AT&T version as "cheaper". Maybe I'll give it another look.

03-05-17 03:52 PM
    That'll work -- but you can also get the new SIM card provisioned over the phone if you don't wanna hang out at the AT&T store. AT&T's network will figure out the BIS all by itself -- AT&T seems pretty OK with the bring-your-own-BlackBerry idea.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I didn't have time to go to the store so ended up getting a SIM adapter and called in to customer service...took about 5 mins to get up and running! Calling and texts worked right away but it took them a couple mins to do their thing and then pulling the battery and boom, BIS symbol and I was in business. Spent some time getting my work and Gmail accounts set up which wasn't too bad but I am having difficulty getting my work calendar to sync, any tips on that? It's an outlook.office365.com server account.
    03-08-17 08:14 AM
    I didn't have time to go to the store so ended up getting a SIM adapter and called in to customer service...took about 5 mins to get up and running! Calling and texts worked right away but it took them a couple mins to do their thing and then pulling the battery and boom, BIS symbol and I was in business. Spent some time getting my work and Gmail accounts set up which wasn't too bad but I am having difficulty getting my work calendar to sync, any tips on that? It's an outlook.office365.com server account.
    Alas, ActiveSync is not supported on BIS. One of the main reasons I had to move on.

03-08-17 02:23 PM
    Alas, ActiveSync is not supported on BIS. One of the main reasons I had to move on.

Yeah unfortunately BIS and BES are basically dead. Everyone is moving away from them or already moved on.
    03-08-17 03:41 PM
    AstraSync or NotifySync support Exchange ActiveSync. Both are paid services.
    03-08-17 06:11 PM
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/...lackberry.aspx

MS help page for using 365 with BB OS etc.; check out the cross-referenced KB articles – might help, might not
    03-10-17 07:43 AM
    I do not know if you can sync your calendar with Google, but if you could, Google calendar syncs wirelessly beautifully with no issue (just one calendar though). I have Apple calendar as master but Calendar on Bold 9900 is easy to pull out and peruse.
    03-10-17 07:53 AM