Just purchased a 9900 from Swappa. I need to purchase a battery. What do you recommend? Also, I already have a PP SE and a Classic. Are there just a few simple tips to start me off right? That's it. Battery and a few "beginners" tips. I just gotta see why so many people love this phone so much!
    09-17-16 11:37 AM
    Ha ha cool for batteries I just use blackberry originals but a lot of people have good recommendations for aftermarket ones. You are taking a chance when you order a BlackBerry brand battery because it might've been sitting in a warehouse for a few years.

Set up isn't bad at all but the emails especially setting up Gmail can be a little tricky but I would like to see if you have any issues and then we can help

So how much did you pay? Can you say? I paid 90 unlocked
    09-17-16 11:41 AM
    $70 unlocked. There are 2 more on Swappa from the same seller. Will I be able to swap Sim cards with my PP and the Bold? I'm on AT&T.

Thanks for your offer to help. I'll be back...
    09-17-16 11:49 AM
    $70 unlocked. There are 2 more on Swappa from the same seller. Will I be able to swap Sim cards with my PP and the Bold? I'm on AT&T.
    I'm also on AT&T with a Passport SE and a Bold. The good news: BIS is free on AT&T. The bad news: Swapping a single SIM card between a BIS and non-BIS phone doesn't work out well. A friend of mine tried it and ended up having to call AT&T every time he wanted to switch, and he finally threw in the towel.

I have two SIM cards. It costs a little more, but I can switch with impunity.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-17-16 03:18 PM
    Wow. Congrats on the purchase.
    I used to own a 9900 for a long time before I gave it up and finally decided to switch to a Q10. Batteries... you can get aftermarket ones for pretty cheap and you can also get a larger MAH battery if you buy aftermarket... I used to have one and it was pretty good! Unfortunately, it's been a while so I don't remember the exact brand of it but I did get it from eBay if that's helps. I switched to the Q10 mainly because my carrier (T-Mobile) stopped supported "BIS" never worked with OS 7 based devices or lower. So I had to upgrade to BB10. If it wasn't due to support I would still be rocking the Bold 9900!

I'm glad you were able to pick up a 9900 at a decent price but keep in mind for future purposes you can always check on eBay as well. I have seen that beast go as low as $30 on there! I personally just purchased another Q10 2days ago on eBay for $51.79 after shipping costs. Nevertheless, good luck with your Bold and I hope you enjoy it!

Posted via CB10 on BBQ10
    09-17-16 03:25 PM
    Well, I just got my 9900 today. It feels great and I've never experienced a track pad that works as well as this one does! I am having trouble setting up gmail has proven as it has proven to be very difficult. I would love some and need some directions, please...
    09-19-16 09:08 PM
    Well, I just got my 9900 today. It feels great and I've never experienced a track pad that works as well as this one does! I am having trouble setting up gmail has proven as it has proven to be very difficult. I would love some and need some directions, please...
    The Gmail can be tricky. You probably have the issue I did where it does not recognize or verify your 9900? Try going into the Gmail desktop settings, and under Options you have to check off "allow less secure devices" and then it should verify.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-19-16 09:13 PM
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-19-16 09:15 PM