Hey what'sup everyone, I just got my brand new BB9900 tonight, and after playing around with it just recently I found that the lock buttom sticks, and you have to press around the edges of the button and then the whole button just pops up again.

I also noticed that you barely have to touch the lock button for it to take affect..

Is it just me being paranoid and not used to the 9900 or could be be an issue with the lock button?

Edit: it also gets to the point where I lock the phone, then when I attempt to unlock it, the lock button is just stuck.. I have to use an edge of a pen to free the button again
    Last edited by hallidc; 09-15-11 at 09:57 PM.
    09-15-11 09:54 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your lock button physically. I don't have that problem so I would try to exchange it if you just purchased it. Hope it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 09:57 PM
    must be defect trade it in, first i'd herd of this problem
    09-15-11 09:57 PM
    No problem on mine, get a replacement.
    09-15-11 09:58 PM
    No issues here. Exchange it.

09-15-11 09:59 PM
    I will say that I do have issues with my BB not resuming when I press the lock/unlock keys right away. It'll hang for about 5-15 seconds sometimes before starting. Seems more like a software issue though. Hope I'm not the only one.

09-15-11 10:15 PM
    Is it normal to only have to press done lightly for the phone to lock? Sorry, all new to the BB's so can't tell the difference :P
    09-15-11 10:26 PM
    I have a similar problem, i got my 9900 two days ago and my lock button worked fine yesterday, but today the lock button seems to just turn the screen to black for a second and go back to the same screen, so it does absolutely nothing, really.
    Just called the company i bought it outright from and they are saying i need to send it to blackberry for a fix up instead of just getting a new model.. not to mention i have a defective battery.. lucky me.
    10-04-11 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD