Originally Posted by ashtay2
    Returned 9930 for JVM 517 error as did 6 of my friends!

Great, so now please leave this forum alone.
    I laughed at this for a good 2 minutes. haha it's great. On to the main point, I did have a small issue. When my finger hovers over the trackpad it actually moves the trackpad, but it doesn't bother me or make the phone not usable.

Moving onto someone pointing out that every phone has a problem, it's definitely true. I had the droid X before moving back to bb and the DX had a lot of problems. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the phone is terrible or saying that android flat out sucks. However, android + DX delivers a bit of lag on most of the apps. Even after rooting, it force closed multiple apps, froze on me couple of times, and still had lag.
    01-03-12 01:23 PM
    First time Blackberry user, and I wonder what took me so long to become one. Yes, there is a learning curve, but I have enjoyed every second of it. I did a couple of stupid things, but I was able to get my baby running again just fine. I love, love, (did I say love?), love my 9930!

I have also searched this site for pointers. Many thanks to all of those that provide excellent advice!!
    01-03-12 01:28 PM
    I love my Bold. Most issues I've had were fixed with a battery pull. I also have piece of mind knowing I can usually come on this site and get any answers I need.
    That's how I feel too. I really like my 9900. Wish the Google sync calendar integration was better, but not sure if that is an issue with RIM or the Google Sync app. Hopefully BIS will be updated for multiple Google Calendars and then I am going to be completely happy.
    01-03-12 02:15 PM
    i have had my vz 9930 since sept.only 1 minor issue but i fixed it .no biggie .i got a jvm error once so wiped device and reloaded os .and phones been fine since.this is my 3rd bb .love it .it fits my needs.
    01-03-12 05:36 PM
    is it just me or does every other person have an issue of some sort with the bold? literally every other person.. as i'm typing this now, 50% of the threads on the 1st page are complaints of some sort. even my favorite unbiased phone reviewer 'phonedog' is reporting several issues that can be seen here..

BlackBerry Challenge Day 16: Lag, text messaging issues, and battery life woes | PhoneDog

although i AM going to to purchase the device once ATT releases, i'm afraid that i will have to return my phone several times before i can even get a decent device.

also, as i am relatively new to to purchasing fresh phones that have just been released, is it possible that most of the defects are a given considering the phone was just recently launched and that they will be worked out in the not too distant future? hopefully this is the case because from what i hear ATT won't be releasing for a a while
    As long as there are humans on this world, we will have something to gripe
    about and discuss why we or someone else could or should make it better or a different way. Lol
    On the Positive side (or not) I'm sure this why we have "evolved" because there is that funny urge in most of us to get something better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BGK; 01-03-12 at 07:08 PM. Reason: word dropped
    01-03-12 07:01 PM
    The only problem I have with my Bold is that I cannot have sex with it.

And you know, they just might come out with on app for that, so I think I'll hold my breath!
    01-03-12 07:22 PM
    loyal BB fanatic, and fanatical about my 8330 and PB.

I recently set up a thread asking for thoughts on upgrading 8330 to either 9810 or 9930. I ultimately stayed with Sprint and hence chose 9930. All I can say is going from solid phone like the Curve 8330 to the Bold 9930 was a huge disappointment.

I'm proud to announce here that I'm staying a loyal BB die hard, and plan on sinking with the ship if it comes to that. I really hate jailbreaking iOS and could care less about rooting Android. BB phones typically are fine the way they are- networkable and user friendly.

But shhh, don't tell the 9810'ers I ultimately kept the 9930, they might rub it in my face that their phone is better I don't feel like hearing it cause I'm really not 100% happy. AT&Ts current plans sux btw
    01-03-12 07:25 PM
    I have no problems with my 9900 from day one nearly 3 months of regular use including last few days bridged 24 7 to a Playbook still no problems.

Phone was made in Hungary late October 2011

I do believe that some of the earlier phones were faulty and RIM kept quite about it!

Software needs reliable hardware to function correctly albeit the software still needs further improvement but no software upgrade can fix faulty hardware.

So if you are having problems with early build phones I suggest you ask for a late build replacement and then see how the current official released software functions then.

Do feel for those that have had problems though cos RIM seem to be out of touch with their customers which needs to change fast if they are going to progress.

Here's wishing you all a Happy New Year with your new Blackberry Toys!
    01-04-12 01:05 PM
    i have to agree with the OP
    although it is not everybody,majority of the people do
    01-04-12 02:28 PM
    The worst bb that i owned was 9900 model.
    In 2 month i exchanged 3 devices under warranty.
    1 - bad trackpad
    2 - bad vibrations
    3 - bad keyboard
    9900 is sold!
    01-04-12 03:00 PM
    The worst bb that i owned was 9900 model.
    In 2 month i exchanged 3 devices under warranty.
    1 - bad trackpad
    2 - bad vibrations
    3 - bad keyboard
    9900 is sold!
    I've exchanged 3 - 9900's too, my 3rd one still has a squeaky trackpad but it has finally disappeared. A little disappointing but it's pretty good now.
    01-04-12 04:42 PM
    The only problem I have with my Bold is that I cannot have sex with it.

And you know, they just might come out with on app for that, so I think I'll hold my breath!
    I think they already have. Can't tell you the number of pathetic guys who have asked me to take off my panties on BBM. Who would have thought a guy who is classy enough to own a blackberry would be filthy enough to want to engage in behavior like that with a complete stranger.

01-04-12 04:50 PM
    I think they already have. Can't tell you the number of pathetic guys who have asked me to take off my panties on BBM. Who would have thought a guy who is classy enough to own a blackberry would be filthy enough to want to engage in behavior like that with a complete stranger.

It's the "Feeling" that counts
    01-04-12 05:01 PM
    ive had my phone 9930 for close to two months, 4 email accounts, apps, i bridge it to my playbook. i have not had one issue, been using blackberry for 4 years, best phone i have owned.
    so no problems here : )
    01-04-12 05:07 PM

Hmmm. Now your giving me ideas. Gotta be careful in how you dish out that bbm pin... Crazy things can happen!

Say, did they ever manage to get the panties to drop? I kid... I kid...

01-04-12 09:14 PM
    I like to joke around and have a good time, so don't take my posts too seriously (unless we're talking strict blackberry, in which case its serious business!)

01-04-12 09:59 PM
    I certainly understand my Crackberry friend!

01-04-12 10:07 PM
117 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD