is it just me or does every other person have an issue of some sort with the bold? literally every other person.. as i'm typing this now, 50% of the threads on the 1st page are complaints of some sort. even my favorite unbiased phone reviewer 'phonedog' is reporting several issues that can be seen here..

BlackBerry Challenge Day 16: Lag, text messaging issues, and battery life woes | PhoneDog

although i AM going to to purchase the device once ATT releases, i'm afraid that i will have to return my phone several times before i can even get a decent device.

also, as i am relatively new to to purchasing fresh phones that have just been released, is it possible that most of the defects are a given considering the phone was just recently launched and that they will be worked out in the not too distant future? hopefully this is the case because from what i hear ATT won't be releasing for a a while
    09-02-11 11:45 AM
    Remember, people come here to complain, so all you see are complaints.

The 90% of the people are enjoying their phones.

You don't get too many people buying a phone at the store, then running back to a forum to tell you that it works right?

It is the other way round, which is what you are seeing here, the small majority of those thousands of people worldwide come here telling you their troubles or seeking help. The rest are enjoying their new 9900s

I have 2 9900s which are both perfect out of the box, made in hungary

loving every moment of this device and am so glad I upgraded. Using a 9780 now feels like you are playing with a turtle compared to this beast.
    Last edited by FreeMyBerry; 09-02-11 at 11:54 AM.
    09-02-11 11:48 AM
    This forum section isn't intended for just praises of the device, not everyone who hasn't had a problem with their device is going to bother commenting here, it's more likely that someone having problems who thinks they can get help from these forums are going to.
    09-02-11 11:49 AM
    Also these are RIM fans don't forget and what's an issue for one is no big deal to another. Pick your battles regarding the issues. Some are pretty picky like " my track pad squeaked for three days but stopped, should I take it back?"
    09-02-11 12:22 PM
    Remember, people come here to complain, so all you see are complaints.

You don't get too many people buying a phone at the store, then running back to a forum to tell you that it works right?

It is the other way round, which is what you are seeing here, the small majority of those thousands of people worldwide come here telling you their troubles or seeking help. The rest are enjoying their new 9900s

I have 2 9900s which are both perfect out of the box, made in hungary

loving every moment of this device and am so glad I upgraded. Using a 9780 now feels like you are playing with a turtle compared to this beast.
    well i guess that pretty much sums it all up, i'm fairly new here but that's makes perfect sense. thanks for the input
    09-02-11 12:23 PM
    Honestly,

I've had the 9900 for a week now...with MY phone, i know the battery does deplete quicker than the older blackberries I've had granted - I could just be spoiled and used to the battery power of the older ones OR its because my phone gets about 10% dead time as I am constantly bbm'ing or emailing.

BUT overall, imo, the phone looks fantastic...The phone is very snappy, fast, and responsive. It looks classy, and seems many people come up to me to ask me how the phone is and show genuine interest. Ive had many iPhone users tell me that RIM did a good job, and are kind of jealous that the Bold looks alot nicer than their iphones.

Again, i don't think I'm being biased, i'm simply just revealing my opinion on the phone considering I make use of my Bold as much as I can. Ive been able to achieve more with its fast processot and refined features.

Some of the posts on this forum are simply ridiculous IMO. 'Buttons dont sit flush', 'Trackpad too small', 'Screen to dim'...straight up, theyre ******** things to ***** and complain about. These are things that shouldve been considered BEFORE purchasing the phone.

The battery complaint is more so a legit complaint as you have to use the phone to figure this out.

Don't let some of the topics in this forum skew your idea. Seek the legitamate complaints, and gauge your purchase on that.
    09-02-11 01:01 PM
    87% of all statistics are made up
    09-02-11 01:03 PM
    not me...i love this phone since day 1...no issues what-so-ever...wouldnt trade it for anything! well in 2012 for a QNX blackberry...but has to have a real keyboard...if not im keeping my 9930 for awhile =] but im very very satisfied with this phone
    09-02-11 01:12 PM
    There isn't a smartphone in the world that doesn't have bugs of some sort.
    andy957, chiefbroski and Mel25 like this.
    09-02-11 02:29 PM
    87% of all statistics are made up
    lol

10 char
    09-02-11 02:32 PM
    I'm really loving my 9900. The only issue I had was battery life and that seems to have settled down after a couple days...so I essentially have no issues.
    09-02-11 02:35 PM
    There isn't a smartphone in the world that doesn't have bugs of some sort.
    Agreed! Windows has bugs...apple OS has bugs...laptops have bugs...even cars...my BMW has 1 annoying bug in the bmw assist software..so people like to nit pick a blackberry yet they don't realize many electronics we use have bugs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 02:35 PM
    This forum section isn't intended for just praises of the device, not everyone who hasn't had a problem with their device is going to bother commenting here, it's more likely that someone having problems who thinks they can get help from these forums are going to.
    The forums is where you normally here about the things that are wrong and people asking to to fix. Its like at work you always hear about the bad but very rarely do you hear about the good.
    09-02-11 02:40 PM
    I love mine. Sure there I have a couple issues (microscopic light seapage-put the case on problem solved--slightly crooked track pad O.M.G-nothing to worry about). Nothing I would take a phone back over. People just need to relax. It's a phone.

09-02-11 02:43 PM
    This phone is the worst berry yet! The screen is too large, larger than my watch LCD. The keyboard is too perfect and feels just right!! The build quality, well its just built too well!!!! The ******* screen is so clear, I can read almost everything from large to small!!!

Why RIM? Why make something so darn nice!!!!!! I hate it so much!! You cannot make a better piece of **** phone!!!

All in all, I'm not happy for one reason!! You made me spend $249 at Verizon!!!! I can't get my hands off this device, and my wife wants to divorce me cause I can't stop playing with it!!!

dbugem, sleepergsr, riker1 and 8 others like this.
    09-02-11 02:46 PM
    i "enjoy" my tmo 9900, but i am definitely not "in love" with it... the screen temperature is warm (yellow looking) and they keypad backlighting looks purplish. when i compare it to my 9780 with both phones on the lowest setting, the 9780 is WAY brighter and cooler (bluer whites on screen, and a completely white keyboard) and when on the brightest setting for both phones, the 9900s keypad is extremely dull by comparison.

the OS is great, the "4G" is fast, the browser is also good, but could still use some work....

there are certain native apps (sms app is most noticeable) where there are still bugs in the softwear that disallows me from scrolling up or down using the touchscreen on the first 5 sms threads in the list, and the disappearing cursor from the early 9780 OS's also occurs (you can "scroll up" using the track pad, but the chat doesnt scroll up despite that the indicator on the top of the screen suggests that the cursor is several messages up in the thread).

also, when im on a call, the LED acts weird. because i use bebuzz, the LED on my phone never shows red becasue i hate red. anyway, when i am on a phone call, an LED **barely** lights up red, sort of like its flickering, weird thing is, it is to the left of the actual LED circle where LEDs would normally notify you... hard to explain... i may have to take a video to get yall to understand this lol. regardless, if you look really closely at the LED notifier on the phone, you will see a tiny circle to the left of it.. not sure what this is for or if it is supposed to be doing it???

i really miss my left side convenience key and often find myself reaching for it. dont get me wrong, i know i can use QL (which i do) but i miss having the left side go straight to BBM inside any application with just one click... oh well. thats just personal preference.

i have noticed the phone will lock up every once in a while, rendering any keypress or touchscreen usage ineffective until the device starts responding, at which point all the keypresses and touchscreen taps go into effect....

my device is on .250, and although yesterday my battery usage lasted me from 9am to 12pm when i went to bed, today it has been off the hook for 3 hours and i am already down to 67% life left with a drain of ~10.9%/hr... i took one 1min video, about 9 photos, did some BBMing, used social scope to send about 3 updates to fb and twitter, and shot off about 8 texts total... thats ridiculous that the battery is suddenly dying so fast!

the picture quality can be give or take depending on the ambient light situation, and a few photos i took were acceptable while a few were too grainy to be usable.

i have a bad feeling that this is going to be a 9700-to-9780 repeat where RIM decides in 6 to 8 months that theyre gong to re-release this phone as the 9910/9940 with an autofocus camera and a better build quality with QNX OS.

so at the moment, i am taking until monday or tuesday to decide whether i want to
    A) return the phone, get my $325 back (i talked the sales rep down to $300+tax and $50 MIR) and undo my contract extension, and be content with my awesome 9780 .......until a QNX Bold or (ugh, dont hate me) Tmo iPhone 5 comes out
    B) exchange the device before my buyers remorse period is up to see if i get one with a cooler screen temp, brighter keys, and a better battery life (as others on this forum have said that the battery life seems to be device dependent)
    C) return the phone, undo the contract extension, and wait on the 9900 to drop in price OR wait on the Curve 9360 to come out, OR the elusive Bold 9790, OR whatever the next iteration of this device is since i get the feeling its going to get a remake in the not-so-distant future

for the ridiculous amount of money this device costs on a two year contract, i better be in love with it. i think if i had paid $200 or less, i would be content, but $325 (and i know even more for some Tmo users) is a lot of money for a device that seems kind of half-as*ed... not to mention, if i return this, i can continue to save money to put towards a plethora of other things that should take precedence over a new phone purchase... (for example, a new macbook pro since my 2007 macbook is on her last leg)

im torn yall. id love to hear your input though...
    omi10468 likes this.
    09-02-11 03:04 PM
    They are mostly apple ppl complaining as usual since they are so damn jealous. Its pathetic and obvious but now they are trying to get more creative with their complaint threads as they try to be more coy. They need to move on already. Its pretty blatant and a desperate attempt but they are getting old and being ignored mostly.

My 9930 STILL is rocking! And I don't loose calls on mine either.
    09-02-11 03:06 PM
    This phone is the worst berry yet! The screen is too large, larger than my watch LCD. The keyboard is too perfect and feels just right!! The build quality, well its just built too well!!!! The ******* screen is so clear, I can read almost everything from large to small!!!

Why RIM? Why make something so darn nice!!!!!! I hate it so much!! You cannot make a better piece of **** phone!!!

All in all, I'm not happy for one reason!! You made me spend $249 at Verizon!!!! I can't get my hands off this device, and my wife wants to divorce me cause I can't stop playing with it!!!

go get a new wife.
    phonegeek#AC and mud314 like this.
    09-02-11 03:15 PM
    Its a great device dont listen to people who always wine!

09-02-11 03:21 PM
    No problems here. Love this phone. I started with an 8330 then to Bold 9650, this is a major jump. Much faster, bigger screen, touchscreen (although I dont use it very much. One complaint- only one convenience button and I even use quicklaunch.
    09-02-11 03:30 PM
    They are mostly apple ppl complaining as usual since they are so damn jealous. Its pathetic and obvious but now they are trying to get more creative with their complaint threads as they try to be more coy. They need to move on already. Its pretty blatant and a desperate attempt but they are getting old and being ignored mostly.

My 9930 STILL is rocking! And I don't loose calls on mine either.
    Who are the obvious Apple people? lol
    09-02-11 03:34 PM
    also, when im on a call, the LED acts weird. because i use bebuzz, the LED on my phone never shows red becasue i hate red. anyway, when i am on a phone call, an LED **barely** lights up red, sort of like its flickering, weird thing is, it is to the left of the actual LED circle where LEDs would normally notify you... hard to explain... i may have to take a video to get yall to understand this lol. regardless, if you look really closely at the LED notifier on the phone, you will see a tiny circle to the left of it.. not sure what this is for or if it is supposed to be doing it???
    I've noticed the slight flickering of the little hole next to the led. I believe that is the proximity sensor that turns off the display when you're holding to your face. It might also be the ambient light sensor??
    smijes likes this.
    09-02-11 03:40 PM
    go get a new wife.
    ...or better yet, stop playing with "it".
    09-02-11 03:50 PM
    I've got no complaints except that I don't have enough time to just sit and explore its possiblities.
    I've apparently been one of the lucky ones. Got a Storm 1 on day 1 and never had any problems, so I kept it until I got the 9930. I'm guessing it will be just fine until I see a new BB that tempts me.
    09-02-11 04:07 PM
    Loving mine, absolutely no issues at all!!!
    09-02-11 05:50 PM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD