I am new here and was happy to find this thread, up until I started reading it. So far very few people have actually answered or provided barely any details to what this thread was created for. Name calling and what have you...

I think that the original posting brings to the front things of interest especially the review that phonedog posted...I don't want another phone that locks up constantly while doing basic tasks such as texting...I already have that problem w/my current OG Droid phone. why would I want to go and pay 509 for another phone that has the same issues. I buy my phones at full price.

Apps while I do like them, I have an iPad to fill that need. I mostly use my phone for texting and emailing so if the phone cannot do those basic functions w/o working correctly then what's in it for me? Nothing.

So to the original poster, sorry that I too could not help you. Hope some of the seasoned users and those who are not childish can provide the answers that you seek.
    09-04-11 04:15 PM
    Funny, because I imagined the same of you typing your message.
    Oh lolzzz, you're so funny... Nobody respects an internet tough guy. And what's with posting forum stats as if to prove something?... That's funny! What a toolbag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    damule6666 likes this.
    09-06-11 02:38 AM
    NOT 1 BUG!
    296 is running smooth on my 9900
    09-06-11 06:18 AM
    Just want to chime in here that not everyone who has problems with their phone complain about it on the internet either. I've had problems with the SMS app locking up in my 9780 once in a while on the latest OS as of now but I didn't bother to post it anywhere - in fact this is the first time I'm complaining about it on the internet. I couldn't be bothered to post it here because this is the BB "way of life" and I'm used to the bugs in every OS update.

It goes both ways - as much as there are people who don't post about how great their device is, there are people who don't post about how bad their device is. They probably just gripe about it to their friends and maybe even end up swapping it out for an iPhone or Android without even coming to CB to make a squeak.
    09-06-11 06:42 AM
    Just got my Bold from Verizon yesterday. There is a small speck of something underneath the screen. Its on the upper corner and I don't really notice it when I'm using my device. This morning my screen froze while I was on my email. Then a lil after that my LED light was flashing for no reason. I didn't have anything pending. So I did a battery pull and the light stopped blinking.

09-06-11 08:55 AM
    I just wish that my battery on my iPhone 4 lasted nearly as long as the one in my Blackberry does! I also understand that battery life on Android devices really sucks??? I suppose if we can't complain, we'd have to praise the good things???

R...

Honestly,

I've had the 9900 for a week now...with MY phone, i know the battery does deplete quicker than the older blackberries I've had granted - I could just be spoiled and used to the battery power of the older ones OR its because my phone gets about 10% dead time as I am constantly bbm'ing or emailing.

BUT overall, imo, the phone looks fantastic...The phone is very snappy, fast, and responsive. It looks classy, and seems many people come up to me to ask me how the phone is and show genuine interest. Ive had many iPhone users tell me that RIM did a good job, and are kind of jealous that the Bold looks alot nicer than their iphones.

Again, i don't think I'm being biased, i'm simply just revealing my opinion on the phone considering I make use of my Bold as much as I can. Ive been able to achieve more with its fast processot and refined features.

Some of the posts on this forum are simply ridiculous IMO. 'Buttons dont sit flush', 'Trackpad too small', 'Screen to dim'...straight up, theyre ******** things to ***** and complain about. These are things that shouldve been considered BEFORE purchasing the phone.

The battery complaint is more so a legit complaint as you have to use the phone to figure this out.

Don't let some of the topics in this forum skew your idea. Seek the legitamate complaints, and gauge your purchase on that.
    09-06-11 11:26 AM
    Returned 9930 for JVM 517 error as did 6 of my friends!
    damule6666 likes this.
    09-22-11 09:29 PM
    I am so annoyed with this phone! It is so perfect that itmakes me feel like I wasted good money on every phone I have ever purchased!
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    09-22-11 09:39 PM
    I am so annoyed with this phone! It is so perfect that itmakes me feel like I wasted good money on every phone I have ever purchased!

Nice! Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 12:00 AM
    Impossible. That you have six friends.

No, seriously - give me a break...

09-23-11 12:48 AM
    i am a blackberry fan.. i started with 9000bold- curve 8250- 9700 bold- torch 9800 - 9105- 9930 bold. i can say that so far 9930 is the best because its faster , better resolution. The only bad side of the 9930/9900 is the battery life
    09-23-11 01:17 AM
    the battery life doesnt bother me because.....lets face it, its the first blackberry with any kind of power. honestly think what the device has inside before you cry "my 9700 or 9780 lasted a day longer. compared to blackberries yeah the battery sucks BUT compared to other smartphone is about average.

the quality is trash IMO though... went from over excited from the first time it was leaked right up till it launched but basically it has me saying **** why didnt I get a 9810
    09-23-11 04:03 AM
    No device is perfect just browse any forum its always the same. The new bold is pretty much a solid device all around and it is what it is !

09-23-11 05:14 AM
    Are there issues? Of course but people do not spout ever minute how well their phones are working. Diagnosing problems are what forums are for.

Take the Hummer for example. There are only about 12,000 ever made and the most used and well known forum is riddled with owners diagnosing problems or trying to help fellow owners.

I think biggest issue is people expect everything they own to be 100% all the time. There was a study about reliability between GM and Toyota and they didn't find that Toyota vehicles were necessarily more reliable but that their owners are nit picky with the little things in their cars so they bring them in more. The Toyota tech's might find an issue sooner since the vehicles are in more. GM owners will let the little things go and drive their cars until there are major problems.
    09-23-11 07:23 AM
    is it just me or does every other person have an issue of some sort with the bold? literally every other person.. as i'm typing this now, 50% of the threads on the 1st page are complaints of some sort. even my favorite unbiased phone reviewer 'phonedog' is reporting several issues that can be seen here..
    As if no one has any issues with iPhone or Android phones? WTF?
    09-23-11 08:15 AM
    Great, so now please leave this forum alone.
    cw0974 likes this.
    09-23-11 08:16 AM
    I am aware that people have genuine problems with new devices, with new technology as well as cosmetic or function defects. Being a Blackberry owner for around about 5 years I have learned that the Blackberry takes a small learning curve on how to operate the device smoothly. I owned the Blackberry Storm 9530 for example and that phone had more "individuals with problems" than just about any BB released to date. As for myself I learned the devices limitations and navigated the device with next to zero problems besides the occasional battery pull. I firmly believe that some people just do not have patience or a smooth approach (finesse) to electronic devices and need products designed for entertainment with no major UI knowledge or capabilities. Blackberry's are not for everyone, hopefully some people will find a way to solve issues without blasting the manufacturers first. How many people tried to set the time on the old school VCR, set up a modern TV Entertainment system or put together a bike without cussing or getting mad? It would be safe to say that the majority of people have not even opened the manual that came with the phone. Good luck to all who are having issues and I hope you find a solution and settle into the elite world known as Blackberry users.
    Sincerely, Proud BB Owner
    09-23-11 05:41 PM
    If your having issues with your new bold and think this is the only device with issues go to android central and look at the HTC Thunder Bolt forum. In there from day one there were issues reported like people report here.

If the majority of the users have no issues then you have to look closer at the problem. From day one my 9930 came with bottom panel off I had to snap it back on plus two days on the phone with rim re loading the OS. But now it works perfect. So you need to give it time and look closer at the issue before bashing any device.
    09-23-11 06:03 PM
    Yeah....ok.
    09-23-11 06:17 PM
    Remember. Most people here come due to problems not for complementing how great their phone is...
    09-23-11 07:39 PM
    Who are the obvious Apple people? lol
    haha idk but he is def an obv apple HATER. lmao
    11-06-11 01:18 PM
    i "enjoy" my tmo 9900, but i am definitely not "in love" with it... the screen temperature is warm (yellow looking) and they keypad backlighting looks purplish. when i compare it to my 9780 with both phones on the lowest setting, the 9780 is WAY brighter and cooler (bluer whites on screen, and a completely white keyboard) and when on the brightest setting for both phones, the 9900s keypad is extremely dull by comparison.

the OS is great, the "4G" is fast, the browser is also good, but could still use some work....

there are certain native apps (sms app is most noticeable) where there are still bugs in the softwear that disallows me from scrolling up or down using the touchscreen on the first 5 sms threads in the list, and the disappearing cursor from the early 9780 OS's also occurs (you can "scroll up" using the track pad, but the chat doesnt scroll up despite that the indicator on the top of the screen suggests that the cursor is several messages up in the thread).

also, when im on a call, the LED acts weird. because i use bebuzz, the LED on my phone never shows red becasue i hate red. anyway, when i am on a phone call, an LED **barely** lights up red, sort of like its flickering, weird thing is, it is to the left of the actual LED circle where LEDs would normally notify you... hard to explain... i may have to take a video to get yall to understand this lol. regardless, if you look really closely at the LED notifier on the phone, you will see a tiny circle to the left of it.. not sure what this is for or if it is supposed to be doing it???

i really miss my left side convenience key and often find myself reaching for it. dont get me wrong, i know i can use QL (which i do) but i miss having the left side go straight to BBM inside any application with just one click... oh well. thats just personal preference.

i have noticed the phone will lock up every once in a while, rendering any keypress or touchscreen usage ineffective until the device starts responding, at which point all the keypresses and touchscreen taps go into effect....

my device is on .250, and although yesterday my battery usage lasted me from 9am to 12pm when i went to bed, today it has been off the hook for 3 hours and i am already down to 67% life left with a drain of ~10.9%/hr... i took one 1min video, about 9 photos, did some BBMing, used social scope to send about 3 updates to fb and twitter, and shot off about 8 texts total... thats ridiculous that the battery is suddenly dying so fast!

the picture quality can be give or take depending on the ambient light situation, and a few photos i took were acceptable while a few were too grainy to be usable.

i have a bad feeling that this is going to be a 9700-to-9780 repeat where RIM decides in 6 to 8 months that theyre gong to re-release this phone as the 9910/9940 with an autofocus camera and a better build quality with QNX OS.

so at the moment, i am taking until monday or tuesday to decide whether i want to
    A) return the phone, get my $325 back (i talked the sales rep down to $300+tax and $50 MIR) and undo my contract extension, and be content with my awesome 9780 .......until a QNX Bold or (ugh, dont hate me) Tmo iPhone 5 comes out
    B) exchange the device before my buyers remorse period is up to see if i get one with a cooler screen temp, brighter keys, and a better battery life (as others on this forum have said that the battery life seems to be device dependent)
    C) return the phone, undo the contract extension, and wait on the 9900 to drop in price OR wait on the Curve 9360 to come out, OR the elusive Bold 9790, OR whatever the next iteration of this device is since i get the feeling its going to get a remake in the not-so-distant future

for the ridiculous amount of money this device costs on a two year contract, i better be in love with it. i think if i had paid $200 or less, i would be content, but $325 (and i know even more for some Tmo users) is a lot of money for a device that seems kind of half-as*ed... not to mention, if i return this, i can continue to save money to put towards a plethora of other things that should take precedence over a new phone purchase... (for example, a new macbook pro since my 2007 macbook is on her last leg)

im torn yall. id love to hear your input though...

11-06-11 02:45 PM
    I have a T-Mo 9900 and it's perfect, no yellowish tint to screen or lockups as of yet. Battery life has been quite good, altho not as good as my 9700's. Of course, tomorrow is another day. . Perhaps exchange it for another one?

11-06-11 02:51 PM
    You fit the description of an outlier.
    Not many of you.
    No sure what an "outlier" is, but if you said it, i am certain it is nonsensical drivel!

Now back to the bridge, troll!
    01-03-12 12:11 PM
    I love my Bold. Most issues I've had were fixed with a battery pull. I also have piece of mind knowing I can usually come on this site and get any answers I need.
    JR A and damule6666 like this.
    01-03-12 12:54 PM
117 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD