Well first of all I'll bet most of these people that are complaining went out of there way to find something wrong with this device because, that's what they do. Complain. And I'm sure a lot of people just jumped on the band wagon once they saw all of the "bad battery" threads. In all honesty if you're here to complain like this I say "get out". If you have an issue with the phone then tell the forums your issue and someone is bound to come along and give advise.

And speaking of which enough with the "bad battery" threads. I'd like to read something other than how you hate the battery life of your new phone you got 5 hours ago. Break the phone in and tinker with the settings or get a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You got me, I admit it. I just like to complain. I had to go out of my way to realize that my first 9930 didn't connect to the 3G network only 1x, and didn't connect to BIS because of that. After hours of tech support, Blackberry probably just appeased me and went with saying the radio reciever was bad. My other replacement out of the box, it took me a whole 2 seconds turned on out of the box to really go out of my way to realize the the bottom screen corner was so badly discolored it looked like it had been dropped or was being squeezed really hard when I wasn't even squeezing it. Blackberry is perfect, and it's just me going out of my way looking for things to complain about. After this ordeal I went through went I try to think of what the quality control department at RIM looks like, I imagine some fat bearded guy in a flannel shirt smoking a cigar watching a hockey game not paying attention as the phones go by on a conveyer belt in the background, lol.
    andy957 and damule6666 like this.
    09-04-11 04:37 AM
    Your are not helping me with my addiction bud ! I was kind of hoping to read such bad comments about the Bold 9900 to convince me that I was not missing something. I currently use an IPhone 4, and it's perfect for my present needs. But I used to own a Bold 9700 and couldn't complain.

Since the 9900 is out, I feel like I need it ! .....Thinking about getting it full price just to have it.
    09-04-11 09:33 AM
    Your are not helping me with my addiction bud ! I was kind of hoping to read such bad comments about the Bold 9900 to convince me that I was not missing something. I currently use an IPhone 4, and it's perfect for my present needs. But I used to own a Bold 9700 and couldn't complain.

Since the 9900 is out, I feel like I need it ! .....Thinking about getting it full price just to have it.
    If you're an app user, good luck with the transition!
    09-04-11 09:58 AM
    Everyone has their individual standards of acceptance. Like others have said, no device is perfect. I purchased Windows Treo phones before switching to Blackberry and it was the same situation. Still, that does not mean complaints are not valid or without merit. In the end, I believe I always have a choice.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-04-11 10:53 AM
    I took a Customer Service Progam as I was finishing Law School othat helped us focus on managing client expectations. Something he told me has been engrained in my brain ever since.

On average, a happy customer might tell 3-5 individuals about their good experience.
    On average, a dissatisfied customer WILL tell 10-14 people about their experience.

50% of devices aren't defective. It's just that 99% of people here come here to complain.

09-04-11 11:17 AM
    I took a Customer Service Progam as I was finishing Law School othat helped us focus on managing client expectations. Something he told me has been engrained in my brain ever since.

On average, a happy customer might tell 3-5 individuals about their good experience.
    On average, a dissatisfied customer WILL tell 10-14 people about their experience.

50% of devices aren't defective. It's just that 99% of people here come here to complain.

I like that theory and it does make sense, but....

I played with like 4 so far and they all had bad build quality. Squeeky trackpads. Mushy menu buttons etc. Maybe someone getting it on a $199 upgrade can overlook these imperfections but not someone like me who has to pay full retail $700.
    09-04-11 11:36 AM
    I imagine some fat bearded guy in a flannel shirt smoking a cigar watching a hockey game not paying attention as the phones go by on a conveyer belt in the background, lol.
    Funny, because I imagined the same of you typing your message.
    09-04-11 11:42 AM
    I like that theory and it does make sense, but....

I played with like 4 so far and they all had bad build quality. Squeeky trackpads. Mushy menu buttons etc. Maybe someone getting it on a $199 upgrade can overlook these imperfections but not someone like me who has to pay full retail $700.
    Seriously now, how many people do you know that pay full retail? Common now.

For $700 I'm buying a damm computer, not a phone. Geez, you are comparing apples to oranges. What a whiner!
    09-04-11 11:45 AM
    I have had BBs for many years and the latest BB I owned was a Tour 9630 beleive it or not was flawless out of the box and through many 3rd party apps and the latest and last OS put out by VZW has given me no trouble. I have had it 2 years and all i have done was bought a new battery andthats it.

When thoughts of upgrading I went to the local VZW store and played with the Bold 9930 having read many things good and bad about it. Keeping it in mind i played with it for about 1/2 hour. I learned that just like any touchscreen that you are not use to using you simply have to learn how to touch something without kind of touching something nextto what you want to launch and this includes swiping and you will be ok.

I have heard this complaint quite alot and people want to know about a way to turn off your touchscreen, then why buy it in the first place or why keep it with the touch screen being the newest feature among OS 7?

Any device new like these 9900/9930 have to have a chance and a learning curve, sure you know how to use a BB but not a new touch screen device.

I am certain iPhone and Android people have had the same issues.
    This is a great forum to let everyone know the good and bad so we can assist each other and help what you know and learn what you don't.

This is how I look at it and will for sure keep my new Bold 9930. It has been great so far and except for what already mentioned when I make a mistake I can learn to work around it and put up with it. I will not however take it back and get 5-6 new ones like most seem to do around here.

I am sorry for the length of this but hopes you read it all and it helps you to understand maybe something that just might not have occured to you before. We all have these things go on but the bottom line is to stick with it and not give up. Enjoy your new 9900/9930 and continue to post, ask questions and help others.
    Sharma15 likes this.
    09-04-11 12:05 PM
    i "enjoy" my tmo 9900, but i am definitely not "in love" with it... the screen temperature is warm (yellow looking) and they keypad backlighting looks purplish. when i compare it to my 9780 with both phones on the lowest setting, the 9780 is WAY brighter and cooler (bluer whites on screen, and a completely white keyboard) and when on the brightest setting for both phones, the 9900s keypad is extremely dull by comparison.

the OS is great, the "4G" is fast, the browser is also good, but could still use some work....

there are certain native apps (sms app is most noticeable) where there are still bugs in the softwear that disallows me from scrolling up or down using the touchscreen on the first 5 sms threads in the list, and the disappearing cursor from the early 9780 OS's also occurs (you can "scroll up" using the track pad, but the chat doesnt scroll up despite that the indicator on the top of the screen suggests that the cursor is several messages up in the thread).

also, when im on a call, the LED acts weird. because i use bebuzz, the LED on my phone never shows red becasue i hate red. anyway, when i am on a phone call, an LED **barely** lights up red, sort of like its flickering, weird thing is, it is to the left of the actual LED circle where LEDs would normally notify you... hard to explain... i may have to take a video to get yall to understand this lol. regardless, if you look really closely at the LED notifier on the phone, you will see a tiny circle to the left of it.. not sure what this is for or if it is supposed to be doing it???

i really miss my left side convenience key and often find myself reaching for it. dont get me wrong, i know i can use QL (which i do) but i miss having the left side go straight to BBM inside any application with just one click... oh well. thats just personal preference.

i have noticed the phone will lock up every once in a while, rendering any keypress or touchscreen usage ineffective until the device starts responding, at which point all the keypresses and touchscreen taps go into effect....

my device is on .250, and although yesterday my battery usage lasted me from 9am to 12pm when i went to bed, today it has been off the hook for 3 hours and i am already down to 67% life left with a drain of ~10.9%/hr... i took one 1min video, about 9 photos, did some BBMing, used social scope to send about 3 updates to fb and twitter, and shot off about 8 texts total... thats ridiculous that the battery is suddenly dying so fast!

the picture quality can be give or take depending on the ambient light situation, and a few photos i took were acceptable while a few were too grainy to be usable.

i have a bad feeling that this is going to be a 9700-to-9780 repeat where RIM decides in 6 to 8 months that theyre gong to re-release this phone as the 9910/9940 with an autofocus camera and a better build quality with QNX OS.

so at the moment, i am taking until monday or tuesday to decide whether i want to
    A) return the phone, get my $325 back (i talked the sales rep down to $300+tax and $50 MIR) and undo my contract extension, and be content with my awesome 9780 .......until a QNX Bold or (ugh, dont hate me) Tmo iPhone 5 comes out
    B) exchange the device before my buyers remorse period is up to see if i get one with a cooler screen temp, brighter keys, and a better battery life (as others on this forum have said that the battery life seems to be device dependent)
    C) return the phone, undo the contract extension, and wait on the 9900 to drop in price OR wait on the Curve 9360 to come out, OR the elusive Bold 9790, OR whatever the next iteration of this device is since i get the feeling its going to get a remake in the not-so-distant future

for the ridiculous amount of money this device costs on a two year contract, i better be in love with it. i think if i had paid $200 or less, i would be content, but $325 (and i know even more for some Tmo users) is a lot of money for a device that seems kind of half-as*ed... not to mention, if i return this, i can continue to save money to put towards a plethora of other things that should take precedence over a new phone purchase... (for example, a new macbook pro since my 2007 macbook is on her last leg)

im torn yall. id love to hear your input though...
    Just wanted to let you know that I just finished a post that I hope you will read in full that might help you understand a bit more that perhaps you did not give thought to. There are many things that we sometime become complacent with having some of us had BBs for so long that we expect them to be perfect.

The highest rated phones are far from perfect be it iPhone or Android and Windows phones or there would be no forums for them. Would you agree?

I hope except for the TMO price which I agree with you is very steep compared to what I paid for mine on VZW that you will hang in there and on using your phone and doing different things with it as you own it... One day you are going to get it, things will catch on, You will become better at the touch screen and swiping and will be glad you kep it.

I think the Querty keyboard is wonderful and my favorite part of it and just remember the screen is just a small part of the phone until you add all the other features especially OS 7. Keep it and stick with it and just make sure if there are any bugs and I am sure there are you continue to update your carrirs official OS when made available to take care of those bugs and the next time you will be writing how much you love it and happy you kept it.

Good luck and ask for help anytime, thatis why we exist at CB.
    09-04-11 12:17 PM

For $700 I'm buying a damm computer, not a phone. Geez, you are comparing apples to oranges. What a whiner!
    Exactly what I was thinking for $700 I'd get a computer but when you're on at&t full retail from canada etc. is your only option. As for the whiner part sorry bub blame rim for the shoddy quality control. I'm obviously not the only one noticing judging by these forums.
    09-04-11 12:19 PM

The only thing I can add to your post is that it is one thing to give your opinion of another, that is what we are here for and to offer help and advice but it is not really neccessary to start the name calling game of another just because you disagree with the statement the person made that you dod not like.

Lastly there are many people that pay full retail for new devices depending on the situation and their ability to have the money to do so and how much they want the phone.

Play nice and help and assist, it will help more the calling names.
    DukeL likes this.
    09-04-11 12:24 PM
    No problems with my 9900 over here.
    09-04-11 12:25 PM
    The only thing I can add to your post is that it is one thing to give your opinion of another, that is what we are here for and to offer help and advice but it is not really neccessary to start the name calling game of another just because you disagree with the statement the person made that you dod not like.

Lastly there are many people that pay full retail for new devices depending on the situation and their ability to have the money to do so and how much they want the phone.

Play nice and help and assist, it will help more the calling names.
    Well, let me just add a rebuttal to your comment so that we are on the same page here as I tend to know how forums operate. I don't think anyone was name calling, just an observation. You don't have to like my posts - using your own words of wisdom.

Here's my stats:

And here are yours:

09-04-11 12:34 PM

I do not think I have bought a subsidized phone in almost 10 years.
    09-04-11 12:37 PM
    Well, let me just add a rebuttal to your comment so that we are on the same page here as I tend to know how forums operate. I don't think anyone was name calling, just an observation. You don't have to like my posts - using your own words of wisdom.

Here's my stats:

And here are yours:

Sorry but calling someone a "whiner" is definitely namecalling.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-04-11 12:37 PM

Here's my stats:

And here are yours:

There is one thing you will find out about me since you saw fit to look up my stats... I am nowhere close to being on the same page as you because I can get the same point across w/o calling names to people and for the life of me I have no idea why putting your stats and mine together did anything at all??

What was the reason for this.

I tend to try and assist someone in the best way I can and use the knowledge I have gained from others here that have helped me.

It is not the mane used as "Whiner" might not be vulgar but it still implies bad taste in answering someones post so maybe you really don't know how forums really work and will admit you erred in judgement on this one.

No big deal and I suppose you and I have a different idea how to help people.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-04-11 at 01:02 PM.
    09-04-11 12:52 PM
    Sorry but calling someone a "whiner" is definitely namecalling.
    Thank you for your comment and now maybe as I asked the poster... What was his purpose in placing our stats side by side? What did that prove?

Thanks again for your backup to my comment.
    09-04-11 12:54 PM
    Pointing out the obvious and name calling are on different dimensions of the spectrum. I am surprised that you don't understand this.

But for sake of moving beyond this thread, perhaps we can agree to disagree and move on. You seem very deliberate in wanting to keep on with this banter, whereas I do not. Thanks for understanding.
    09-04-11 12:56 PM
    Pointing out the obvious and name calling are on different dimensions of the spectrum. I am surprised that you don't understand this.

But for sake of moving beyond this thread, perhaps we can agree to disagree and move on. You seem very deliberate in wanting to keep on with this banter, whereas I do not. Thanks for understanding.
    I am going to move on after this post because I have no desire to keep up the banter and have you draw me in. I asked you one simple question that you did not answer... What was the purpose of comparing out stats which to me seems to have done nothing, no more, no less. Now I will move on as you say and forget these threads ever happened. Have a great Sunday.
    09-04-11 01:05 PM
    Thank you for your comment and now maybe as I asked the poster... What was his purpose in placing our stats side by side? What did that prove?

Thanks again for your backup to my comment.
    Stats are irrelevant. I dont even look at them But If I were him I wouldnt have gone there since he just joined up last month and you have been a member for years lol.

Yes.. I agree lets move on.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-04-11 01:41 PM
    The only problem that I have had with my 9930 is the battery life is about as bad as my old htc EVO... but I didn't come on here to complain about it. I don't think you'll ever see someone perfectly happy with their smart phone until they release a pre-loaded app that will wipe your ***.

I'm enjoying my 9930, perfect for me in form and function. If RIM can continue releasing devices sooner and as good as this one, they will be around for quite some time.
    09-04-11 02:43 PM
    I am going to move on after this post because I have no desire to keep up the banter and have you draw me in. I asked you one simple question that you did not answer... What was the purpose of comparing out stats which to me seems to have done nothing, no more, no less. Now I will move on as you say and forget these threads ever happened. Have a great Sunday.
    Hey, that's great. We are in agreement. In closing, my suggestion to you or others - don't take comments on public forums so seriously and try not to be so sensative to other's comments, especially if they weren't directed at you to begin with. Trying to stirr the pot more only makes you look like a passive agressive person.

Thanks.
    09-04-11 02:48 PM
    The only problem that I have had with my 9930 is the battery life is about as bad as my old htc EVO... but I didn't come on here to complain about it. I don't think you'll ever see someone perfectly happy with their smart phone until they release a pre-loaded app that will wipe your ***.

I'm enjoying my 9930, perfect for me in form and function. If RIM can continue releasing devices sooner and as good as this one, they will be around for quite some time.
    I couldn't agree more. Glad there more than a few with overall pleasing experience.
    09-04-11 02:52 PM
    Stats are irrelevant. I dont even look at them But If I were him I wouldnt have gone there since he just joined up last month and you have been a member for years lol.

Yes.. I agree lets move on.
    Duke... Once again I agree because moving on is getting past a dead issue. I have never yet nor will I ever look at someones stats to gauge them, everyone has good and bad points and none of them mean they are right or wrong, just have opinions. Thank you forthe support.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-04-11 at 03:16 PM.
    09-04-11 03:10 PM
117 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD