I just got my 9900 which is running the stock version of OS 7 that comes on the device and I noticed that when i hit the BB button to pull up the menu and I scroll up and down very fast, i notice that there's like a ghost after image of the word slightly for a slight second..

Example:

I hit the BB menu button and the little try pops up with these options:

Delete
    Read
    Copy
    Paste
    Forward

When I touch the screen and scroll up and down on that list, I see a little ghost after image of the word that follows the text on the menu. So when I put my finger over let's say Copy and scroll up and down, I'll see slight spills of the white text colour and ghost after images of the edges of the letters from Copy when I scroll up and down. Kind of like on a TV when you see the lines of a frame or object moving like an after ghost effect.

Anyways, I got my mom's 9900 and checked to see if hers did this too and it does. Is it an OS issue? It's not really that bad of an issue btw, I just happened to notice it when examining the screen. Do newer OS builds fix this?

Also, can anyone else let me know if their Bold does this? I'm thinking I'm seeing ghost lines from the text because I'm scrolling white text on a dark black background.. but please let me know. You gotta look close, I didn't notice it at first until now.

Thanks.
    Last edited by unity04; 09-08-11 at 10:47 PM.
    09-08-11 10:39 PM
    bump.. can anyone check if their phone does this?
    09-08-11 11:27 PM
    My phone is not doing that... wired... well, who is your service provider and what is your OS version? May be the LCD screen is defective? You should test the device at your mobile store and show the reps what's going on.

My screen is very clear and when I try to move back and forth nothing like what you described happen. Is your phone Made in Mexico 4/5?

If your mom got the phone from the same place at the same time, she may also have the same screen properties because problems sometimes come in batches. I had to return 2 Bold 9900s on Telus Mobility in Calgary, Canada because of defects during the first week!!! I am on my third one and they were all came from the same store and all were made in Mexico 4.
    09-08-11 11:32 PM
    oops double post... deleted.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 09-08-11 at 11:33 PM. Reason: deleted due to double post
    09-08-11 11:33 PM
    All the phones have this. Its just the refresh rate of the screen. Its not refreshing the screen fast enough and your eyes are tracking where the image used to be. It is VERY hard to notice, but it is noticeable. Most people wont notice this and therefore arent bothered by it. I have yet to see a phone that doesnt do this. Your phone is fine.
    Last edited by DannyJK; 09-08-11 at 11:35 PM.
    unity04 likes this.
    09-08-11 11:33 PM
    Thanks Danny, that's reassuring. I was afraid I got a defected unit. Does yours do this? I might take it back to Bell to see if other units do it just incase. It's not a bad ghost after image, I had the phone for a few days and just noticed it now
    09-08-11 11:47 PM
    Thanks Danny, that's reassuring. I was afraid I got a defected unit. Does yours do this? I might take it back to Bell to see if other units do it just incase. It's not a bad ghost after image, I had the phone for a few days and just noticed it now
    I would go to a different store and see if their display model do the same thing. May be this has to do with how your brain works too because I don't see this on any of my units.
    bonaproud likes this.
    09-09-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD