I'm so pumped right now! I had a broken 9650 and when I went to get it replaced at Verizon, they had me call Asurion who ended up giving me a 9930 as my replacement because they no longer carry the 9650.

Anyone that has a damaged 9650, go file an insurance claim and get a $100 off contract 9930!
    09-22-11 02:54 PM
    That's an awesome upgrade... Congrats!!
    09-22-11 03:04 PM
    Oh no, I just dropped my 9650 and the screen is now cracked!
    Last edited by CBplayer; 09-22-11 at 03:11 PM.
    09-22-11 03:09 PM
    For asurion not to have a 9650 in stock means RIM wants them pulled off and sold to third party vendors. This is a good sign it means rim wants to spread the 0S 7 around more.
    There are company's that buy new and refurbished cell phones that are at end of life for pennies on the dollar. I can buy a brand new pearl flip in a Verizon package for $19.00 you can't beat that.
    09-22-11 03:21 PM
    Insurance fraud is not condoned here at Crackberry.
    You got lucky, be careful of your suggestions, don't suggest others go file a claim. Others will potentionally start filing claims just because.
    That's why insurance rates and copays are going up.
    Please remove your last comment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigbad614; 09-22-11 at 04:06 PM.
    09-22-11 03:37 PM
    Insurance fraud is not condoned here at Crackberry.
    You got lucky, but don't suggest others go file a claim.
    That's why insurance rates and copays are going up.
    Please remove your last comment.

Please read my comment again....

Anyone that has a damaged 9650, go file an insurance claim and get a $100 off contract 9930!
    I said DAMAGED. There is no insurance fraud here. I'm suggesting that if anyone has a DAMAGED phone that they go get a replacement asap. Get off your high horse.
    09-22-11 03:43 PM
    I didnt SAY your claim was fraudulant. All that I was IMPLYING was that your last comment pushes someone to file a claim. One of the first replys was "oops dropped my 9650, cracked screen."

Its the implication, not the suggestion. Don't be so quick to cop an attitude.

09-22-11 03:49 PM
    I didnt SAY your claim was fraudulant. All that I was IMPLYING was that your last comment pushes someone to file a claim. One of the first replys was "oops dropped my 9650, cracked screen."

You asked me to remove my comment, a comment that implied nothing besides the fact that people should file a claim for their damaged blackberry. It's offensive for you to have suggested that I meant something illegal.
    09-22-11 03:55 PM

"IMPLYING"

There is nothing in his post that suggests, condones, or recommends fradulent behavior. He is right, get off your high horse.

YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-22-11 03:58 PM
    You obviously don't get it. It does not matter what your intention of your final comment was, it is the fact that it can be interpreted in a different way. I NEVER said that was you intention. Get a grip. Its a simple edit and be on your way.....good grief. I can always report it and have the Moderators decide.....

Last edited by bigbad614; 09-22-11 at 04:03 PM.
    09-22-11 04:00 PM
    Ginger, mind your business.......

09-22-11 04:02 PM
    You obviously don't get it. It does not matter what your intention of your final comment was, it is the fact that it can be interpreted in a different way. I NEVER said that was you intention. Get a grip. Its a simple edit and be on your way.....good grief. I can always report it and have the Moderators decide.....

Please do have it reported. There is nothing against the terms and conditions in my original post. You are the one making assumptions and pointing out the illegal alternative. All I'm suggesting is that people who have had damaged 9650s (which I had for a month but it still worked enough, but didn't lock) go and get it fixed now.

It's rather annoying that you took it upon yourself to ruin this thread. Please leave the assumptions to smarter people and always remember, "to assume is to make an *** out of U and ME."
    09-22-11 04:07 PM
    Ginger, mind your business.......

And now you are demanding that other people shut up? Wow, I should have your posts reported. It's a clear assumption that you hate ginger and want him murdered.....
    09-22-11 04:08 PM
    How easily fights erupt on here these days.... lighten up guys.

Congrats anastasiophan! It's a huge upgrade. Props to Asurion for hookin you up with one. Enjoy it.
    09-22-11 04:10 PM
    Its all starting to come back to me why Driphter quit posting here.......
    A simple situation taken too far by some defensive little........nevermind....enjoy your day.

09-22-11 04:14 PM
    I'm just having fun with this whole thing. Clearly my last post was a mock post.

09-22-11 04:44 PM
    My company recently upgraded our Tours with the 9650. I think we got a bunch of them for free. To me, the 9650 seemed like a Tour with wifi.

While out of town on business, my 9650 went haywire. I went to a Verizon store near where i was staying and they did not have any 9650s in stock, so they gave me the 9930 for no additional charge. (Being part of a relatively large corporate account helps).

So while mine wasn't an insurance claim, it does appear VRZ is pushing the BB7 phones.

Now all my coworkers are hoping their 9650s fail like mine did. It is a significant upgrade over the 9650.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-22-11 08:18 PM
    I'm so pumped right now! I had a broken 9650 and when I went to get it replaced at Verizon, they had me call Asurion who ended up giving me a 9930 as my replacement because they no longer carry the 9650...
    Sweet.
    So how does it compare to the 9650 so far?
    09-22-11 08:50 PM
    Sweet.
    So how does it compare to the 9650 so far?
    My 9650 was a good phone when I got it, but it was hurting big time recently. It slowed down every time I tried to do anything on it and was acually counter productive at times. The main reason I use a BlackBerry is because it really does make getting stuff done easier, but that wasn't the case anymore with my 9650.

Anyways, the 9930 is unexplainable better than the 9650. It's my dream phone and works flawlessly. The only, and I stress ONLY, set back is the battery life is definitely not as good as any of the previous BlackBerrys I have owned (8330, original pearl, Tour, 9650, 9550, and the 9800). I can almost guarentee that I will need an extra battery for certain situations, which is something I never needed to say about previous BlackBerrys.

Anyways, it's really a dream come true to have this great phone!
    Jake Storm likes this.
    09-23-11 02:10 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up. There's a 9930 in my future!
    09-23-11 04:12 PM
    Man, Im absolutely in love with this phone! Thank you Asurion!!
    09-23-11 11:18 PM
    bumping the thread for others that may be in need of this info.
    09-24-11 10:59 PM
    it worked. My 9930 will be here Monday.
    09-25-11 01:54 AM
    Fantastic news. Congratulations to all of the new 9930 owners. Enjoy. Its one **** of a BlackBerry.
    09-25-11 02:40 AM
    it worked. My 9930 will be here Monday.
    Awesome! It's a great phone and soooo much better than the 9650!
    09-25-11 09:13 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD