Hey guys,

I have a Vodafone UK BB9900 and my Amazon MP3 store was locked out, I guess Vodafone want you to use their service, but I think I've just found a solution, quite by accident.

If you do a 'Security Wipe' on the phone, the Amazon MP3 store will now work, don't forget to back up your info if you need to, or better still, do the wipe before you first use the 9900 (new buyers obviously).

Works all ok here now for me
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-30-11 11:00 AM
    Funny, for me, something similar happened: I lost BB Protect after doing the wipe and deleting all the apps.
    I have a 9930 with VZ.

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 11:03 AM
    I had a similar experience. When I got my 9900 from Voda I clicked on the Amazon MP3 icon and got the message that it had been disabled by the carrier. The icon then disappeared although the app still showed up in the application list under device options. I then tried to install the .317 OS and it went wrong. I had to re-install the official .296 from the Vodafone website and Amazon MP3 was back and working. I sent @vodafoneuk a tweet and they said there were unaware of the blocking of the app! I agree though that they are trying to get users to use their own music store.
    08-30-11 11:54 AM
    I got my 9900 today from Vodafone uk. Amazon store is working fine for me. There is an icon for voda music app, did open it but didn't accept the terms yet. May be that is the reason why it is working fine. Don't know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 06:36 PM
    Hmm just received a Bold 9900 from Vodafone today and despite a Security Wipe Amazon Mp3 still won't work, might send this back if I can't get it to to work actually.
    09-21-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD