Ordered the 9930 from Verizon's site, got an additional $50 off! Overnight by 10:30am for a nominal fee...had to share this with someone, since I'm pretty sure my beds gonna be cold for a while once the wife finds out...

Oh well!!
    11-02-11 09:33 PM
    Hahaa. With your 9930 who needs a wife?
    11-02-11 09:39 PM
    Exactly!! Lol!!
    11-02-11 09:41 PM
    Nice, you won't regret it. The OS7 devices are leagues above any other Blackberry I have used.

I have had one JVM 517 white screen of death... but got a quick replacement and everything's running fine now.
    11-02-11 10:05 PM
    Def had to pull the trigger...been hating the Droid for about a year now, plus the speaker went out on it last week..just in time for the upgrade!
    11-02-11 10:08 PM
    Once you get it, make sure the phone is in perfect condition. I had to change my 2 times during the very first week due to issue like light bleeding from the side rubber layer coming out from the bottom plate.

I am not posting this to scare you... But a lot of people don't notice the light bleeding until the return policy has expired. I hope you get a good one! All the best!
    11-02-11 10:49 PM
    one of us! one of us!
    11-02-11 11:22 PM
    Once you get it, make sure the phone is in perfect condition. I had to change my 2 times during the very first week due to issue like light bleeding from the side rubber layer coming out from the bottom plate.

I am not posting this to scare you... But a lot of people don't notice the light bleeding until the return policy has expired. I hope you get a good one! All the best!
    Checks device owned since launch date...Suddenly, notices light leak....GREAT...
    11-02-11 11:24 PM
    do a full software upgrade to .440 before you xfer your old bb emails, and bbm and files.
    11-03-11 12:43 AM
    Welcome! Great device to choose, and you should really enjoy it!
    11-03-11 08:49 AM
    Ordered the 9930 from Verizon's site, got an additional $50 off! Overnight by 10:30am for a nominal fee...had to share this with someone, since I'm pretty sure my beds gonna be cold for a while once the wife finds out...

Oh well!!
    If yer don't mind could you take a photo of the back of your phone with the battery not in as I want to see what the difference is between the 9900 gsm model and the 9930 cdma model. Please.
    11-03-11 08:57 AM
    Congratulations on getting your 9930. If your experience with it is anything like mine, you won't be disappointed. Fast, responsive, and the keyboard is absolutely sick.

Nice, you won't regret it. The OS7 devices are leagues above any other Blackberry I have used.

I have had one JVM 517 white screen of death... but got a quick replacement and everything's running fine now.
    I got a JVM 517 error only when I updated my OS from the original to the VZW official. Reloading the OS through AppLoader got me back up and running again without issue.

The only gap that I've noticed is at the very top where the screen glass meets the metal bezel there is the slightest gap that allows no light through. Other than that I haven't seen any gaps on my 9930. I've heard others mentioning to check around the buttons in the bezel (volume, convenience key, lock key) and around the charging port for any gaps. Like I said, I haven't seen any on mine, and it's probably not a major issue, especially now that the device has been on the market for some time.

If yer don't mind could you take a photo of the back of your phone with the battery not in as I want to see what the difference is between the 9900 gsm model and the 9930 cdma model. Please.
    If I remember correctly from looking in the back of the T-MO 9900, there is no difference. SIM slot is in the same place on both since the 9930 is a World Phone.
    11-03-11 10:57 AM
    Appreciate the advice everyone...unfortunately I still don't have the phone, I guess I ordered it too late the other night and it processed yesterday...site shows its in Memphis as of 5:30am, and I'm in the Florida Panhandle...I'll keep everyone posted!!

Can't wait to get back into Blackberry!!
    11-04-11 05:47 AM
    Appreciate the advice everyone...unfortunately I still don't have the phone, I guess I ordered it too late the other night and it processed yesterday...site shows its in Memphis as of 5:30am, and I'm in the Florida Panhandle...I'll keep everyone posted!!

Can't wait to get back into Blackberry!!
    Let us all know what you think of it. Today I had a proper play around with a iphone 3Gs and I've got a iphone hype going on slighty! Wish I never touched it now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 07:36 AM
    Well, after chasing the Fedex truck pretty much all day, and then missing it by five minutes, finally got my 9930 just after 5pm!! So far so good!! Super fast, compared to my two yeard old Droid...classy feel....no error messages, cracks, gaps, etc....keyboards awesome, but still getting used to it...(def not a Curve 8830!)

MysticMeg, as far as the iphone, I really think its personal preference...I thought about the 4s, but decided my past experience with the Curve and major disappointment with Android brought me back (pretty sure I'm one of a few in that area).

Time to goof off on it and drain the battery in the process! Any tips on what I should do first, as far as customization? Someone mentioned an upgrade to .440...not sure where to even look to see what I'm running...
    11-05-11 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD