For the Bold 9900 on Bell. Took 45 mins!!!! The guy in store that processed it hadn't done one before. Anyway, it's done. He said they had guys from RIM in last night showing all the Best Buy Mobile staff everything about the Bold 9900. What's weird is he said at the end of it, RIM took all the prototypes back with them, and didn't leave any "dummy" units behind. He also said the people from RIM wouldn't even show them a working demo unit with the new OS7. He said they were very secretive. Oh well, Aug 15th is only 9 days away!!!

Wolf
    Last edited by wolfpacal; 08-06-11 at 01:19 PM.
    08-06-11 01:17 PM
    Was he sure of the 15th as the release date?
    08-06-11 01:21 PM
    Was he sure of the 15th as the release date?
    Checked and verified (in writing - internal document) by two members of Best Buy Mobile. We'll see.
    08-06-11 01:23 PM
    Checked and verified (in writing - internal document) by two members of Best Buy Mobile. We'll see.
    Lets keep our fingers crossed, Bell said today that their computers still showed the 16th as the release date
    08-06-11 01:26 PM
    So they're only taking deposits for Bell and no other carriers? Just inquiring into any more clues for Vzw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 01:58 PM
    So they're only taking deposits for Bell and no other carriers? Just inquiring into any more clues for Vzw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry, this was at a Best Buy in Ontario, Canada. Unfortunately for us Canucks, no VZW up here (yet)
    08-06-11 02:05 PM
    Yea? well I may go to one as well. I was thinking about going to Rogers store and just getting it there. Will they deliver it to my place or do I have to go pick it ip? as I want to have it in my hands the day of
    08-06-11 02:30 PM
    So, let me get this right. Best Buy are taking money from people to pre-order a product that they won't tell you the price of. And also can't verify the release date? (they can't know for sure just like everyone else). Is that right?
    08-06-11 07:38 PM
    Did you pay a deposit to buy outright or to buy on a contract extension?
    Cheers.
    08-06-11 07:58 PM
    the store i went to in vancouver had no clue about this pre order sale. i had to show the associate the verbage on the website and he wasn't able to find more info about placing a deposit. he even went online to the BB "bulletin board" for update info/directions for the preorder and he said nothing was available.

he had asked if i was renewing or purchasing outright and this BB store wasn't selling phones outright in the early stages of a release..
    08-06-11 08:02 PM
    I went to a Bell store today and they looked on "Echo"? to advise that their release date for the 9900 was 16th August. They gave me a card and asked me to call them about 4 days before to pre-order. They wouldn't take a pre-order now as they said that last time they had 40 pages of pre-orders and a lot of people didn't show up. Rather odd but I guess they don't take a deposit.
    08-06-11 08:50 PM
    I went to a Bell store today and they looked on "Echo"? to advise that their release date for the 9900 was 16th August. They gave me a card and asked me to call them about 4 days before to pre-order. They wouldn't take a pre-order now as they said that last time they had 40 pages of pre-orders and a lot of people didn't show up. Rather odd but I guess they don't take a deposit.
    well any company that takes pre-orders and doesn't get a deposit is just asking to be set-up for failure. it sucks that since their own company failed at something all the customers have to suffer for it.
    08-06-11 10:15 PM
    My experience was fine. I told them I would be doing a HUP and they said no problem, as long as I extend my contract. I have a really good corporate account and don't mind extending it. The Best Buy Rep was sure it was Aug 15th. Like I said, we'll see. Even if it's the 16th, I don't care, I just want this Bold! The Best Buy Mobile Manager got all the information from an internal document which he checked and verified with another BB Mobile staff member. And finally, I got a receipt for my $50 cash deposit. It was fairly straight forward once they got the hang of it.

Wolf
    08-06-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD