Hello all,

It may sound odd but, yes i don't know this cause i am not a geek here but i have just deactivated my Blackberry Service (it was a prepaid sim that it was activated on) and when they disconnected it just DISCONNECTED as if completely, just in case if you need to re-activate it again that will take about half an hour, that's perfect

I wanna know that i had email address added on BIS, will that gets effected or will i have to RE-ADD those email addresses and password once or are they saved in my Blackberry ID account?

Thanks

PS: Switching to another carrier.
    08-31-12 03:22 PM
    you will have to re add them to whatever carriers bis acct you are going to and if you are using the same phone you should have deleted them and made sure that the prepaid is releasing the pin because you won't be able to use it unless they release it
    linuxbbm likes this.
    08-31-12 03:25 PM
    you will have to re add them to whatever carriers bis acct you are going to and if you are using the same phone you should have deleted them and made sure that the prepaid is releasing the pin because you won't be able to use it unless they release it
    Thanks for a quick answer, Yes i am using my phone just deactivated the service and gonna enable it on another carriers sim card and good idea, once that pin thing was stuck and i was getting activation from previous carrier, it was because i once had an connection issue they asked for my phones pin, so i had to tell them like i am getting this from your carrier so they completely disconnected and removed the account and it then worked on another carrier.

And where exactly my BIS email are stored in BB ID? or BIS carriers account for my Blackberry?
    And passwords are on phone ?

And if i haven't deleted it, is it safe? since i will be the one using the same phone and why would i have to re-add them when i never removed it at the first place ?
    Last edited by linux.bbm; 08-31-12 at 03:36 PM.
    08-31-12 03:29 PM
    Also, you will not be able to access the @carrier.blackberry.net email address from one carrier on a different carrier.
    08-31-12 05:21 PM
    Also, you will not be able to access the @carrier.blackberry.net email address from one carrier on a different carrier.
    I see, good to know
    But i don't use that tho

Thanks for replying, i wish someone could simply explain me the thing i wrote above to that guy.
    09-01-12 05:44 AM
    Ok, you said "email address added on BIS" and "BIS email" so it sounded like you were.

I would try to explain "thing thing that you wrote above" but you talked in circles so it's hard to understand what you are saying.

What exactly are you asking up there? Are you asking if you have to re-add all your other email addresses to your device when you change carriers? The answer to that is "yes" (as indicated above).
    09-01-12 06:39 AM
    Ok, you said "email address added on BIS" and "BIS email" so it sounded like you were.

I would try to explain "thing thing that you wrote above" but you talked in circles so it's hard to understand what you are saying.

What exactly are you asking up there? Are you asking if you have to re-add all your other email addresses to your device when you change carriers? The answer to that is "yes" (as indicated above).
    Thanks for replying

Well yes I'm bit complicated but anyways, yes so everytime I change carrier I will have to re-add email address

Where exactly are they saved on ? Device or BB ID or my account over my pin at the carrier when we register for the service ?

That's all I wanna know.
    09-01-12 10:26 AM
    The email addresses are linked to the carrier's BIS.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    09-01-12 01:41 PM
    The email addresses are linked to the carrier's BIS.
    Thank you so much
    I've setup and all is working well

So they are linked with carriers BIS and saved in BB ID ? am i right?
    09-01-12 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD