I've had Storm(s) for the past 3 years (almost) now. My last one finally gave up the ghost on Sunday, the phone was on but the screen was just black. Calls came in but I couldn't answer them, and this was the 3rd time it's done it this month. It would randomly start working again after half a day or so of being on strike. It was time for a new phone. I had been wanting the Torch, but with no word from Verizon on when/if they'd be getting it, I took the plunge on Monday and ordered the 9930. It's been a while since I typed on a real keyboard, so that's taking some getting used to again, but I have to say, I'm loving this phone.

I've been playing with the touchscreen for the past few minutes, and can't get it to react to anything other than a finger/skin. So if it's in your pocket, the touchscreen won't be doing things by itself. The trackpad is a different story, but then that's the same on all BB's with one. Lock your phone. Push the button at the top before you put it away in a pocket or something, but then that's been the case with every phone since the the 90's (I'm not counting the 80's brick phones, cos they wouldn't fit in a pocket!).

Stability of the OS....it's excellent. But then, I'm not one for installing leaked OS versions on my phone. I have the desktop versions of crackberry, bbc, cnn and mobile youtube all loaded up, I can switch between them, zoom in and out, click links, all with no lag and no problems.

I read someone saying they weren't using the touchscreen very much, but they were coming from an older Bold. I found that funny, because I'm using it more than the trackpad, but then I came from an all touchscreen device. I think it's all down to what you're used to.

Anyway, this is a bit longer than I meant it to be.....push the little button at top of your phone and lock it, after you've put the OS back to factory defaults, and enjoy
    08-17-11 08:32 PM
    Thank you for your honesty.
    08-17-11 08:42 PM
    i think 9900 isnt ready yet, even though it has been delayed for quiet some times, it still got lots of tech. problems... maybe we should wit for the qnx or probably 9980/9990 ?
    08-17-11 08:46 PM
    I was with TMO for 11 years. I cut the cord and got my 9930 today from Verizon which has been a pleasant experience. Good communication, good # port, no issues really.
    Glad that you have found no issues with your new BlackBerry

I loaded up the latest .340 leak today and am so sad to see massive battery leakage. Left work with 100% at 5PM.

Got home from the dog park at 7:30 with 30%.

For Christ sake I barely even did anything, browsed, took some video, took some pics, thats it.

I know, wait for another leak right? Nah thanks.

I'm done with the Blackberry leak games guys, what a stupid way to maintain a product with these shot in the dark leaks. Idiocy.
    You cannot really blame RIM for your installation of a leaked OS which may be causing problems with your handset? Can you? Haha, I hope not. RIM doesn't maintain their devices with leaked software. You should not have installed .360, and if you did, then you will have done so with the full knowledge that it may not work as expected.

My biggest issue is the ridiculous touchscreen. Why no option to turn this off? I cannot understand for the life of me how more people aren't complaining about this thing just being too uber sensitive.

Every damn time I look down at my phone its jumped a screen. Imagine if it calls an ex or sends an email I didn't mean to send? I saw the other thread of someone asking how to turn it off, what a PITA folks.

I put the phone on my pocket and I go to grab it and its on app world downloading paid apps!

I hold the phone in my hand as I'm walking and it jumps to my calendar creating an entry with garbage. It did this EVERY time I either held it or popped it in my pocket. How can one live with this? Seriously?

What a PITA.

So I turn the back screen setting to 10 secs to see if that alleviates hitting the touchsceen and opening and doing operations. Not much better. Same crap.
    The Bold Touch? Right? It has a Touchscreen, can you turn off other touchscreen devices (the fact that your phone comes with a QWERTY keyboard is irrelevant). The new Curve will have the specs of the 9900/9930, but will not have a touchscreen, perhaps you should check that phone out. I would suggest an Android or iPhone, maybe you should check out that new Grid system (Grid10 Tablet, and Grid4 Phone), it's an Android based OS. Just throwing some ideas out there....

LOCKing your phone works as well.

I'm tired of people not being honest with themselves and RIM.

Stop calling this phone great just to appease your heart. I wanted to love it too, I truly did but this thing is nightmare with the touchscreen madness.

I just don't know what to get next. I wanted to love this damn phone. I cannot the way it is with this touchscreen taking it over.

I opened 6 simple text based sites earlier and got a message saying "I'm crashing, would you like me to open up these URLs again after I crash?"

Wow, ridiculous.
    Why don't you tell us how you feel and let us think/feel the way we want to.

Regards to your Browser crashing, I smell a leaked OS causing problems.

Now, all of a sudden my Browser icon is gone. I have no idea where it is. Maybe I hid it with the touchscreen by mistake, checked that, nope, gone.

What a joke.
    Exchange the unit, return it, or reload stock official OS.

Open up the music app, walking dog, oops my finger hit the touchscreen and the song changes.

Oops put the phone in my pocket and Journey turns into Rush. Oops, now it pauses, Oops I just forwarded an email I didn't mean to due to this dumb touchscreen I can't shutoff.
    LOCK button, and I really do not understand how you are holding your phone where you are hitting the touch screen by mistake.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-17-11 at 08:51 PM.
    08-17-11 08:48 PM
    The hardest question is, what do I migrate to when CB gave the Torch a 7.5?

LOL, 7.5 is fail.

I was with TMO for 11 years. I cut the cord and got my 9930 today from Verizon which has been a pleasant experience. Good communication, good # port, no issues really.

I loaded up the latest .340 leak today and am so sad to see massive battery leakage. Left work with 100% at 5PM.

For Christ sake I barely even did anything, browsed, took some video, took some pics, thats it.

I'm done with the Blackberry leak games guys, what a stupid way to maintain a product with these shot in the dark leaks. Idiocy.

My biggest issue is the ridiculous touchscreen. Why no option to turn this off? I cannot understand for the life of me how more people aren't complaining about this thing just being too uber sensitive.

Every damn time I look down at my phone its jumped a screen. Imagine if it calls an ex or sends an email I didn't mean to send? I saw the other thread of someone asking how to turn it off, what a PITA folks.

I put the phone on my pocket and I go to grab it and its on app world downloading paid apps!

I hold the phone in my hand as I'm walking and it jumps to my calendar creating an entry with garbage. It did this EVERY time I either held it or popped it in my pocket. How can one live with this? Seriously?

What a PITA.

So I turn the back screen setting to 10 secs to see if that alleviates hitting the touchsceen and opening and doing operations. Not much better. Same crap.

Give me the 9930 with no touchscreen.

All of you will cite my 9700 epic fail thread. I still stand by it. While a great phone for simple stuff (I miss it), I couldn't even browse the web without it crashing every 30 seconds. 6.0 didn't deliver anything but barely any breathing RAM, so we all waited for the 99xx and we get a dud from the looks of it.

Stop calling this phone great just to appease your heart. I wanted to love it too, I truly did but this thing is nightmare with the touchscreen madness.

Playbook was a fail, and now this thing is just not what I was hoping for.

And the Torch gets a 7.5?

Wow. Just. Wow.

I just don't know what to get next. I wanted to love this damn phone. I cannot the way it is with this touchscreen taking it over.

I opened 6 simple text based sites earlier and got a message saying "I'm crashing, would you like me to open up these URLs again after I crash?"

Wow, ridiculous.

Now, all of a sudden my Browser icon is gone. I have no idea where it is. Maybe I hid it with the touchscreen by mistake, checked that, nope, gone.

What a joke.

Open up the music app, walking dog, oops my finger hit the touchscreen and the song changes.

Oops put the phone in my pocket and Journey turns into Rush. Oops, now it pauses, Oops I just forwarded an email I didn't mean to due to this dumb touchscreen I can't shutoff.

The keyboard is amazing though, such a shame.

Ugh.

Where to go from here...wait for something else I guess...

No need to troll me, offer me suggestions.

Wow that sucs.

If your over BB give Sammy GS2 a try. It will be available Early/mid September.
    It wont have the sweet BB keyboard but everything else is perfection.
    08-17-11 08:58 PM
    i don't understand why you won't just tap the lock button on the top and then tap it again to unlock it, it makes perfect sense to me i mean is there for a reason so you don't hit anything
    08-17-11 09:01 PM
    Unfortunately, the whole world is moving towards touch screens either as the only interface, or as a secondary interface. At some point you're going to have to just go with it. I say take a leap of faith and get the 9850/60 and force yourself into something new... even if it bugs the **** out of you.
    08-17-11 09:02 PM
    Passing carrier testing...lmao....as if that amounts to anything.
    actually it goes thru rim testing first before carrier testing (i m not sure if there IS actually any testing - even if there is i doubt there is much after the phone is offically released - unless it is a major upgrade ie. 5.x to 6.x)
    08-17-11 09:03 PM
    I smell BS / baby crying. You need to actually enter your Appworld ID password before you actually download anything
    Last edited by technology-fanboy; 08-17-11 at 09:16 PM.
    Toddboy71 and Sharma15 like this.
    08-17-11 09:04 PM
    The hardest question is, what do I migrate to when CB gave the Torch a 7.5?

LOL, 7.5 is fail.

What a PITA.

Give me the 9930 with no touchscreen.

All of you will cite my 9700 epic fail thread. I still stand by it. While a great phone for simple stuff (I miss it), I couldn't even browse the web without it crashing every 30 seconds. 6.0 didn't deliver anything but barely any breathing RAM, so we all waited for the 99xx and we get a dud from the looks of it.

Playbook was a fail, and now this thing is just not what I was hoping for.

And the Torch gets a 7.5?

Wow. Just. Wow.

Wow, ridiculous.

What a joke.

The keyboard is amazing though, such a shame.

Ugh.

Where to go from here...wait for something else I guess...

No need to troll me, offer me suggestions.

To be quite frank your logic is FLAWLESS.

1. If your phone is doing everything because of the touch screen, there is a button atop the phone to *gasp* lock the touch screen.

2.If your phone is doing all these myriad things in your pocket and in your hand, guess what? It takes battery life to accomplish the insane amount of crap you speak of.

3. I honestly believe that if you didn't care for the Bold line before, one Bold is not going to sway you. Basically you wasted your time.
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    08-17-11 09:14 PM
    Not to be a stickler, but lock the phone before you put it away. This prevents your accidental touches.
    MissJennell#IM and shankeith like this.
    08-17-11 09:15 PM
    Not to be a stickler, but lock the phone before you put it away. This prevents your accidental touches.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You seriously made me ROFL Thank you
    08-17-11 09:18 PM
    This thread gave me a laugh.

******** about having to lock your phone before you stick it in your pocket?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously hilarious. All I can think of is someone who won't pour their own water too. Cracks me up.
    htc_maple likes this.
    08-17-11 09:21 PM
    actually it goes thru rim testing first before carrier testing (i m not sure if there IS actually any testing - even if there is i doubt there is much after the phone is offically released - unless it is a major upgrade ie. 5.x to 6.x)
    Even if the carrier does test it, it doesn't amount to $hit. Ever call a carrier for BlackBerry support? It's a joke (upgrade/downgrade your OS, security wipe, reboot )
    08-17-11 09:22 PM
    Not to be *that guy* but...i always press the lock button on my Evo before i drop it in my pocket...

if i remember correctly, the blackberries don't *lock* the buttons when they go to sleep unless you press the *lock* button at the top?

Anyway..if things go well, i'll be returning to Blackberry this weekend assuming that anyone gets the sprint 9930 this weekend
    08-17-11 09:30 PM
    Even if the carrier does test it, it doesn't amount to $hit. Ever call a carrier for BlackBerry support? It's a joke (upgrade/downgrade your OS, security wipe, reboot )
    I once called my carrier to tell them that BB Protect doesn't work as they need to update the service books since it says not supported by my carrier. He had no clue what I am talking about. I then gave him a phone presentation about BB Protect and what service books are, just to make him understand how to file the complaint to his technical department. Now it works, but just notin' carriers no nothing more than how many MP a phone's camera has, touch or not, and is CPU. Sad, but true
    08-17-11 09:30 PM
    Can't imagine why you would have an "ex."
    08-17-11 09:40 PM
    Indeed. So true. Dipstick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 09:43 PM
    User have offered suggestions to your problems. You either take those suggestions and go with it. But do not try to stir up more and more arguments.

OS Leaks are beta. Almost every site that blogs them put a disclaimer letting you know your world is not going to be prefect by installing this OS and it may result in something very bad to happen. One reason it's called BETA OS.

Now it's turned into bickering and personal attacks against each other. This discussion is not troubleshooting a device issue anymore as I see it.

It's a phone.... Chill out.

08-17-11 09:55 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD