Hi everybody, I just bought an off-contract VZW Blackberry Bold 9930 on eBay and I was hoping you could answer some of my questions:

1) Is there any way to set up e-mail accounts without activating the phone with Verizon?

2) Is there any way to download apps from the App Store without activating the phone with Verizon?

I do plan to activate the Bold 9930 (my first Blackberry smartphone; it joins the Playbook I bought about a month ago and a slew of non-Blackberry smartphones) in the next few days but I wanted to have some flexibility to use many of the Bold's features in Wi-Fi only mode. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    03-06-12 07:34 PM
    It's basically useless until you're connected to an active data plan with Blackberry Internet Service (BIS).
    03-07-12 12:31 AM
    I don't have experience with Verizon or us carriers but I can't access app store or setup emails etc with out having a sim in my curve.
    03-07-12 12:31 PM
    If you cant go through the setup without activation, go ahead and activate and disable the mobile network, enable wifi, in the Manage Connections app.
    03-07-12 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD