Woke up this morning to a blank screen on my 9900 and a flashing red light, called tech support, asked me a few questions and tried to restart in safe mode or something like that. Nothing worked and the device would not load up on DM

Then he asked what battery I had I told him it said JM1 and he said that the battery as been recalled from RIM and that its a known issue. He told me that it malfunctions and basically nukes the internals on the unit and that is what happened to mine???

I said OK. They are sending me another one tomorrow.

Who knows but I did receive the info for cross shipping the dead one back and its a little different as this one has a return label from UPS to go directly to RIM and not to Rogers.

I guess that might prove that they are aware as they are taking units back directly to one of their depots?

Best case you complain about poor battery life and get a new one sent to you before the battery kills yours as well.
    10-11-11 09:43 AM
    Really?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...faulty-658595/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rogers-655526/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 09:48 AM
    Woke up this morning to a blank screen on my 9900 and a flashing red light, called tech support, asked me a few questions and tried to restart in safe mode or something like that. Nothing worked and the device would not load up on DM

Then he asked what battery I had I told him it said JM1 and he said that the battery as been recalled from RIM and that its a known issue. He told me that it malfunctions and basically nukes the internals on the unit and that is what happened to mine???

I said OK. They are sending me another one tomorrow.

Who knows but I did receive the info for cross shipping the dead one back and its a little different as this one has a return label from UPS to go directly to RIM and not to Rogers.

I guess that might prove that they are aware as they are taking units back directly to one of their depots?

Best case you complain about poor battery life and get a new one sent to you before the battery kills yours as well.

All 99xx batteries are JM1 - and can confirm that there is NO recall!
    There is a small batch of batteries that have power cycle issues that RIM is aware of and carriers are exchanging for.

This will in no way effect bad battery life that people are complaining about.
    10-11-11 10:06 AM
    I thought the interesting part of my post was that it fried my BB and rendered it useless.

Not that there was an issue with the battery in the broad sense
    10-11-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD