So I ordered the 2340 mAh (is that it? i dont have it next to me) and I tried putting into my blackberry, and it wont accept the battery! what the ?? Battery cover wont close either!! What's going on I thought this was the best solution to 9900 battery problems??
    06-10-12 01:19 AM
    So I ordered the 2340 mAh (is that it? i dont have it next to me) and I tried putting into my blackberry, and it wont accept the battery! what the ?? Battery cover wont close either!! What's going on I thought this was the best solution to 9900 battery problems??
    You need to read previous threads, and be more specific.

Which OS App are you using, you will have issues with most software after 7.1.0.2XX

I have two 9900 and they are using the Momax X 1400ah batteries, and they work on 074, 190, 205, 267 and 437!. They did not work on later 402, or 428!

Maybe someone else can advise ref Gold 2430, however I think you find that all aftermarket batteries are blocked by BlackBerry the security check on later OS builds. Not sure what you mean by battery cover not closing and Japanese, have you purchase the Gold 2430 from Ecell or just from any source on Web?

Last edited by fabio1; 06-10-12 at 02:52 AM.
    06-10-12 02:37 AM
    The battery is probably a lil thicker. Just be happy your not an otterbox fan like myself. Then you'd have no choice but to deal with the lack of battery
    06-10-12 02:44 AM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter on 2 9900's. I "battery pull" once a day. It takes me 2 seconds to pull the case and under 10 to reinstall it. It's not as quick as a standard half-shell case that pops on and off, but it's really not a big deal to install. After about 30 remove and reinstall's...the case becomes more pliable and the time for R/R reduces dramatically.
    06-10-12 08:04 AM
    The gold ecell battery needs to be cloned and is just a tiny bit bigger than the original but you can still get the back cover on. Mine is working with 7.1.0.342 (worked with later OS's as well) did you read the instructions?
    06-10-12 09:52 AM
    The gold ecell battery needs to be cloned and is just a tiny bit bigger than the original but you can still get the back cover on. Mine is working with 7.1.0.342 (worked with later OS's as well) did you read the instructions?
    Yea obviously but look, I bought from ecell yes, and look when I put it in the 9900, i see a battery with a red x across it pop up on my screen, and not only that, but why wouldn't the battery cover close, is it maybe my phone that was made this way a bit diff than other BB's or is the battery not for 9900?? Is it possible 9900 9930 have a little diff batt dimensions lol ?
    06-11-12 09:40 PM
    Yea obviously but look, I bought from ecell yes, and look when I put it in the 9900, i see a battery with a red x across it pop up on my screen, and not only that, but why wouldn't the battery cover close, is it maybe my phone that was made this way a bit diff than other BB's or is the battery not for 9900?? Is it possible 9900 9930 have a little diff batt dimensions lol ?
    No way, phone does not change size/dimentions, must have been sent a deeper battery then 2430, one that uses a extended battery cover?

Suggest you contact/return to Ecell!

06-12-12 12:41 AM
    The 9900 doesn't have battery problems and there is no magic battery. If you want peak performance than I would recommend spending time learning how to manage the firmware and apps on your phone. And get a Nokia wall charger and ditch the USB charger included with the phone.
    06-12-12 12:36 PM
    There is no proof that the nokia charger works...
    06-12-12 01:02 PM
    I would recommend using Blackberry OEM products.......period. As said in a previous post, there is NO magical battery. Get to know your phone and pick up an "official" JM1 extra battery..............IMO, this is your best bet
    06-12-12 01:11 PM
    There is no proof that the nokia charger works...
    There is no proof that the proper combination of proteins needed to create the first living cell was a random occurrence either, but people will argue evolution vs religion to the point of bursting blood vessels in their necks when the true answer is "We don't know if that first cell was an accident or if it was placed here".

When I use the included charger on a 9900 and a 9810, the battery life plain old sucks. You think Da Vinci had a closed mind? Or was he willing to believe in a few things that didn't have "Proof"?

Personally it works great for my Wife and I, its dirt cheap, and I think time is more important than 5 Balloons.
    anon3700711 likes this.
    06-12-12 01:19 PM
    What have u been smoking ! The reason I don't believe in it is how can a charger make a battery last longer if it realeses the same amount of volatage... The only way I think u can make it last is buy using a slow charger but same voltage, I've heard that's the best way but u need a slow charger
    06-12-12 01:35 PM
    What have u been smoking ! The reason I don't believe in it is how can a charger make a battery last longer if it realeses the same amount of volatage... The only way I think u can make it last is buy using a slow charger but same voltage, I've heard that's the best way but u need a slow charger

The Nokia charges slower than the Blackberry unit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by olblueyez; 06-13-12 at 09:07 AM.
    06-13-12 08:39 AM
    So? The slow charging of a OEM JM-1 battery makes the battery last longer?
    06-13-12 10:08 AM
    When I first got the 9900 I had very bad battery life for a few weeks. This suggestion, the Nokia charger, was one of the things I tried. Although I initially thought in helped, subsequent testing showed no difference at all in battery life between the Nokia and the OEM charger.

In fact, I still use the Nokia charger much of the time, just because it's there. But I can't confirm that it does anything for battery life.
    06-13-12 11:20 AM
    subsequent testing showed no difference at all in battery life between the Nokia and the OEM charger.
    But I can't confirm that it does anything for battery life.

Sounds confusing.

We (Both my Wife and myself) used the Blackberry charger and the phone is dead around 2pm. When we use the Nokia we get through an entire day with normal use.

If you have already damaged the battery by using the crap charger for months on end than yeah, the Nokia isn't going to help you.

Her 9810 spent about ten days on the Blackberry charger before it was replaced with the Nokia. My 9900 got plugged into the Nokia as soon as I got it. Karen went back to the Blackberry unit for about a week last year and after a few days started complaining about her phone not lasting through an entire work day. It went back on the Nokia and its been fine ever since.

My only complaints about 9900 battery life were a result of the early OS's. Hasn't even crossed my mind since the later 7.0 builds. And mine gets a lot of use, I have a laynard and it hangs around my neck.

Yeah I tried the BB charger with my 9900 a few times because of these battery life threads.

I don't post this crap for my benefit. Anyone with more than a few brain cells will know that a battery will need to increase in size to have a higher capacity. That's why I said use a good OEM battery, a good charger, and learn how to manage your firmware to achieve good battery life. Anyone who can read will know this by looking at the billions of threads on this very subject.

Last edited by olblueyez; 06-13-12 at 04:37 PM.
    06-13-12 04:23 PM
    Sounds confusing.

We (Both my Wife and myself) use the Blackberry charger and the phone is dead around 2pm. When we use the Nokia we get through an entire day with normal use.

If you have already damaged the battery by using the crap charger for months on end than yeah, the Nokia isn't going to help you.

Not really confusing. Executive summary: The Nokia charger made no discernible difference on my 9900.

And no, it wasn't a case of damaging the battery from months of use of the OEM charger. The phone was brand new.
    06-13-12 04:29 PM
    Not really confusing. Executive summary: The Nokia charger made no discernible difference on my 9900.

And no, it wasn't a case of damaging the battery from months of use of the OEM charger. The phone was brand new.

Well than all I can say is, keep chargers handy everywhere you go and by all means get a 2400mAh magic battery with gold tinfoil from ebay.

06-13-12 04:47 PM
    olblueyez your a clever man I can tell but I don't see why u dismiss the gold battery, in no way do I believe its a 2430mah battery but I think it could be around 1500mah which is still better then a stock OME and for around �9 even if it lasts a few months its still worth the money. As it has been said before, noone that buys a gold battery truly believes its a 2430mah. I have brought one for my torch and once its ready and around a week old ill hook it up to a multimeter. seidio or however its spelt have released a 3000mah battery, but ofcourse its bigger in size so check that out, there's a thread in the 9900/9930 section
    Last edited by hasa77; 06-13-12 at 05:14 PM.
    06-13-12 04:52 PM
    You could be right, I'm not a fortune teller.

Its just that I'm into RC and after looking at LiPo's a lot recently added to the fact they are probably repackaged low end stuff and come from places like HK and all that makes me suspicious.

Another thing with LiPo's is they have a shelf life and having no clue where they came from means you also don't know how long they have been sitting around.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe there is one solution for everyone and I hope everyone finds something that works.

I also think so many people run goofy programs that zap battery life it makes it hard to come up with a definitive answer.

I like to run the newest OS that works properly which is most of them lately and another thing you can try is signing up for the Blackberry Beta Zone and using the most up to date Apps. For the most part battery life on the 9900 has improved since launch and most of it is firmware and app improvements so it only makes sense to use the newest stuff unless you have an issue.

Blackberry doesn't usually fix programs, they just move on to the next version and try to incorporate fixes from the last build/app.

Short version: Some time spent up front with your OS and Apps will in most cases save you tremendous amounts of time, and battery life. Sitting idle watching your phone take 60 seconds to do a 10 second task kills your battery. But you will always have those people who can't be bothered to learn and or do what they need to keep the phone running smoothly.

"I can't be bothered to spend an hour with my phone" and "I wanna complain about blah, blah, blah" are usually synonymous.

Blackberry's are so cool but they take a lot more front end maintenance than some of the other phones.

Its always a compromise.

Man, do I have diarrhea of the fingers tonight or what???

06-13-12 09:04 PM
    Actually the gold battery is from japan :P. But it has received many positive reviews which is encouraging. Ofcourse now seidio have realesed and extended battery so u can always get one of them
    06-14-12 05:24 AM
    Ofcourse now seidio have realesed a house brick so u can always get one of them
    Corrected that for you
    06-14-12 05:33 AM
    If its really an issue I'd be inclined to go for "The Brick". At least you know your getting a higher capacity battery that way. I'm surprised more people don't charge a usb battery pack at night along with the phone and take it with during the day.

06-14-12 03:54 PM
    I did research and more research before purchasing the 9930, I was under the impression that the battery life for the 9930 was terrible, but to my surprise and joy its not as bad as some would suggest. For MY usage the JM1 battery is very good, along with my EXTRA JM1 battery, the JM1 is sufficient and much less costly. I'm not sure about using other chargers, but I would hope RIM didn't just throw a charger in the box without testing and knowing what type best charges the BlackBerry batteries
    06-14-12 04:09 PM
    ...but I would hope RIM didn't just throw a charger in the box without testing and knowing what type best charges the BlackBerry batteries
    Unfortunately, they did just that.
    06-14-12 04:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD