...on bbm lately. Four in the past week.

I even lost my partner to the Nexus...

Some of my friends who currently own a 9900 say that it will probably be their last BlackBerry...

This is gettng sad. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    02-07-12 09:01 PM
    Yep. I have one friend left on BBM. I'm actually looking at a SG Nexus today .... the price has dropped considerably now (they are cheaper than the equivalent 9900) and it's lonely here in BB Land.
    02-07-12 09:05 PM
    It has a lot of problems. Personally, I like most things EXCEPT FOR ONE THING. There's dust behind my screen. It is EXTREMELY annoying. And I've been getting mixed responses as to how to handle it. It's really annoying. None of my buddies with an iPhone have this problem.
    02-07-12 09:05 PM
    I only text personally. I pick the phone that works best for me and although BBM is a great messaging option, texting works for me.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-12 09:07 PM
    I've lost a couple of BBM friends to iPhone and Andoid. :'(
    02-07-12 09:09 PM
    6 months ago I had 68 BBM contacts. I'm down to 18 as of today
    02-07-12 09:35 PM
    My BBM group has fallen significantly and hasn't really increased. Usually you loose some you gain some... now its just people leaving.

I'm gonna stick it out because I think QNX will change the game... but I'm really exited to see what the iPhone 5 is going to bring and it just might be enough to pull me over to Apple... I mean I have Mac computers an iPad and an iPod Touch already... most people thought I would have been first in line to get the iPhone when it hit Verizon.
    02-07-12 09:45 PM
    i don't lose friends because of my choice of phones..i might lose them because i'm an opinionated egotistical showoff, but my friends that will tolerate that have my phone number and can text me. i tend to live in a world where friends are more than just text on a screen anyway
    kbz1960, abdul and AlienSlacker like this.
    02-07-12 10:56 PM
    i don't lose friends because of my choice of phones..i might lose them because i'm an opinionated egotistical showoff, but my friends that will tolerate that have my phone number and can text me. i tend to live in a world where friends are more than just text on a screen anyway
    I am almost positive that the OP and everyone else here meant that he has been loosing BB contacts a lot lately, not that he is actually loosing those contacts as friends...

At least for me, the difference between BBMing someone or texting their iPhone or Android isn't a friendship deal breaker....
    salexs11 likes this.
    02-07-12 11:07 PM
    Yeah I've lost a few BBM contacts to other platforms, but not an abundance of them (yet). I have 30 right now, but I've heard a couple say they're moving to other platforms soon. My BBM group for my ball team still has 8 in it, so that's pretty good.
    02-07-12 11:07 PM
    ...on bbm lately. Four in the past week.

I even lost my partner to the Nexus...

Some of my friends who currently own a 9900 say that it will probably be their last BlackBerry...

This is gettng sad. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    yeah I have just 4 friends left on my BB (sad to say) I really do love the way you know if you've reached your contact and if they've read the message.
    02-07-12 11:16 PM
    For us friends phones are no big deal. Evryone has its own preferences. They know me as the blackberry guy other friend was an iphone guy now an android user the other was a nokia and my other buddy like the iphone4s. what's important @ d end of d day. We are all pooners. Hehhehehe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 11:28 PM
    hahahaha they just use other apps...like whatsapp @.@...
    02-07-12 11:30 PM
    Same here... Every month or so, I have to delete a few inactive contacts. And those who never had BBs just went straight to iOS and Droid without considering the Berry.

Those who still have it tell me, "I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 to switch..."
    02-08-12 12:10 AM
    6 months ago I had 68 BBM contacts. I'm down to 18 as of today
    ME TO SO SAD. Maybe once I have no one left on bbm I can get a smaller data plan and save some money but I feel LIKE A PART OF ME WILL BE MISSING WITH NO BBM
    abdul likes this.
    02-08-12 12:13 AM
    I have never used BBM that much. Only a few times. I have never been surrounded by BB users. Only a few have had them and they quickly jumped to the other shiny toys. Damn followers.

I choose to stick to my roots.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-08-12 12:17 AM
    What's BBM?
    02-08-12 12:30 AM
    It is troubling. I've lost 2 this week. 1 to an iPhone and another to a Motorola Android phone. But I'm still here and will continue to be. Totally on edge for PlayBook 2.0!
    02-08-12 12:43 AM
    Same here. I use to have over 20 bbm contacts. Now I'm down to 5. All of them switched to iPhones. That's too bad. and I think they'll never come back to bb. Rims only chance to increase their market share now is to get those first time smartphone buyers.
    02-08-12 12:46 AM
    I'm curious, how do you delete contacts in bbm? Thanks in advance
    02-08-12 12:50 AM
    You are not alone, lost 3 of my cousins in BC to the Nexus and S2's. A few of my BBM contacts have gone to Android, and the iPhone. I don't know what they see in apps that they will never use everyday. I understand getting a game to play while you're on the bus or whatever, these apps aren't a deal breaker for me.
    02-08-12 12:51 AM
    I'd say I have about half the BBM contacts as I had 6 months ago, and honestly, I'm ready to jump ship too! The bold 9900 is, in my opinion, a HUGE let down! I waited so long for it, and it has met so few of my expectations My biggest gripe is the HORRIBLE battery life. I would say I use it moderately and I can't even get 12 hours out of it!
    kristapins likes this.
    02-08-12 12:55 AM
    there's no doubt that BBM is a great communication tool, especially for organizing activities.

but there is indeed a tipping point...at some point the contact list either gets too thin or the list of friends so incomplete that you have to resort to another medium for connecting with friends.......like email and whatsapp. At that point, the BlackBerry platform loses one of it's primary competitive advantages and probably it's biggest selling point to the general consumer.

I'm about 2 contacts from that point. Six months ago, I had 46 personal contacts. I'm down to 33.
    Last edited by salexs11; 02-08-12 at 01:01 AM.
    02-08-12 12:58 AM
    they will come back. dont worry. i had bold 9000 2 years ago and then i used both iphone and htc android. but now i have bb again...
    02-08-12 01:10 AM
    The people I text most often, I've added to BBM as text only contacts. Still works same tho. I am loosing BBM friends in droves, but there are some that will never leave !
    02-08-12 01:30 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD