I've managed to break my BlackBerry keyboard and trackpad. I was replacing the keypad buttons as my old ones had worn off, and I'm pretty sure I've short-circuited something on the motherboard because all the connectors are in perfectly but the trackpad and keyboard just don't work - the trackpad doesn't even light up.

It's an old 9900 now, it's had its screen replaced once - so it's way out of its warranty. I just wanted to ask if there's anywhere I can send my BlackBerry for repair? I don't mind paying.
    07-09-13 04:20 PM
    Consider ordering a completely new keypad and trackpad. It's quite cheap and easy to replace.
    07-09-13 04:23 PM
    I would happily do that - but is it possible that I've shorted out the motherboard? Or would it be the keyboard and trackpad assembly that's been destroyed? There doesn't seem to be anything within the trackpad and keyboard assembly that I could have 'blown' per se?
    07-09-13 04:40 PM
    Consider ordering a completely new keypad and trackpad. It's quite cheap and easy to replace.
    Just wanted to say thank you for your advice - I replaced the entire keypad and trackpad assembly for �15 and my phone works as good as new!
    07-11-13 12:56 PM