Let me start with the usual mandatory disclaimer, "I LOVE my 9930." I've had a bb for 8 years now, and I don't ever plan to go without one. Ok...that's out of the way.

About a year ago I got an android phone, which I use for web, videos etc. Thus I carry two phones. Whenever there is an update on the droid, or on an app, it literally takes a minute (or less), barely enough time to make a coffee, and it's back to work. In fact, most app updates don't get in the way of doing whatever you're in middle of. ANYWAY....

I just updated my 9930 to 7.1.---. That took about 45 minutes. Ok, I can live with that. BUT WTH does the phone now feel like a newborn infant? Why can't EVERYTHING seamlessly transfer over, and just allow me to get back to work? Why must we spend HOURS AND HOURS fixing, adjusting, tweaking, posting, editing, inspecting, cussing and worrying each and every time we flipping update? We lose language, tunes, tones, pims, pings, ui's, gif's, wav's, contacts etc. We have to delete vendors, .bar's, dot this and dot that.... It's NUTS that we still have 2003 problems!

Bottom line....I lost a lot of those "sound" notifications. Where can I get the same contact-notifications (the ones you personalize for different contacts) for the 9930 OS7.1? I searched everywhere, and found ones only for os 6.0.

THANK YOU!
    02-26-12 11:49 AM
    sounds to me like you should really do some reading before upgrading.
    do you even do a DM back up?

I lose nothing when I update and it takes like 20 minutes.
    02-26-12 12:20 PM
    I do TOO much reading....and, yes, DM backup etc.

You have ALL your original sound notifications?

Thanks
    02-26-12 12:22 PM
    If you had a back up and updated through the DM you would not of had any issues. Yes it took me 45 minutes like you but it was flawless and when complete everything was back in place.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 12:31 PM
    Again, I did EVERYTHING as you described, but the 'sounds' didn't all make it to the new OS. How can I retrieve them?

Thanks!
    02-26-12 12:33 PM
    I'm not sure if they changed the default sounds that the old ones would be saved. You can get them from someone that knows how to extract them and save them on your device for choosing.
    02-26-12 12:36 PM
    You can get them from someone that knows how to extract them and save them on your device for choosing.
    Thanks. I'm waiting for 'that' guy to reveal himself...
    02-26-12 12:39 PM
    I think if you search you will find them. I know I've seen threads on OS6 tones etc.
    02-26-12 01:01 PM
    I think if you search you will find them. I know I've seen threads on OS6 tones etc.
    I have searched. I've only come up with OS 6. Not sure if it's compatible, and I'm reluctant to try...

TY
    02-26-12 01:22 PM
    Goodness gracious. You are making this WAY more difficult that it is.

Open the Browser on your BlackBerry.
    Go to mobile.blackberry.co.
    Scroll to the item titled "OS 5.0 ringtones..." and click on it.
    02-26-12 02:16 PM
    Goodness gracious. You are making this WAY more difficult that it is.

Open the Browser on your BlackBerry.
    Go to mobile.blackberry.co.
    Scroll to the item titled "OS 5.0 ringtones..." and click on it.
    I missed the first line of your response.

Thank you!!!
    02-26-12 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD