Hello, and a request for help please.

I have a Bold 9900, which currently has OS 7.1 bundle 1149 platform 5.1.0.276. Recently I received a prompt to my device telling me that 7.1 bundle 2061 platform 5.1.0.532 is available. Also, today, when plugging into my desktop PC (win xp home) I was prompted via BB desktop manager to upgrade also.

To my mind, I have no problems with my 9900 apart from the poor battery life and the fact that it freezes around three times a week and needs a battery pull.

Anyway, I click upgrade. It first wants to get a new version of desktop manager (for my PC) which happens fine. I then try again for the upgrade to my b/b itself.

Basically, it does the backup which takes around 10 minutes, it then reboots the phone (which starts loading up with the usual black screen with white writing) and at this point the PC says "connecting to boot ROM" but then changes to "reconnecting to JVM" at which point the phone displays a solid red light and starts rebooting again (even though the previous reboot is only half way through) and then the PC then changes to "there was an error updating your software".

QUESTIONS PLEASE
    -should I just leave it and keep with the version I have?
    -is there any point in trying to go back to 7.0 (highest version on offer is 7.0 bundle 2416 build 7.0.0.590 with lower ones aswell) then go to the latest version.
    -should I instead be looking at the 7.1.0.746 mentioned in the sticky (and would I encounter any warranty issues, given that T-Mobile UK hasn't released this to us yet)
    -is the "reconnecting to JVM" error likely to occur no matter what version of OS I try to install?

Does anyone have any other advice for me. please?
    11-19-12 02:27 PM
    Yeah, let it finish updating. Jeez. It's people like this who give BB a bad name thinking their phone is broken when really it's user error.
    11-19-12 03:06 PM
    Yeah, let it finish updating. Jeez. It's people like this who give BB a bad name thinking their phone is broken when really it's user error.
    I don't quite understand. The message "there was an error updating your software" means that that particular upgrade attempt had terminated..... no?

I do my best to give BB a good name, I've had a berry constantly since getting my first corporate one in 2005.
    11-25-12 12:16 PM
    jey james just try to reconects it and let it load the os
    11-25-12 12:27 PM
    hey* sorry for miss typin
    11-25-12 12:28 PM
    james_1980 - sorry to hear about your issues , If you're upto a challenge, consider installing a hybrid os , They are 100 times better than stock os which you get for upgrading , Although this might involve some thorough researching on your part , Wipe os and install the hybrid , check out the hyrbid os thread and read the reviews for yourself to make a decision , hope this helps
    11-25-12 12:59 PM

when plugging into my desktop PC (win xp home)... it does the backup which takes around 10 minutes
    maybe you need a new computer?
    11-25-12 05:06 PM