The email in question is a google apps email, is this a common phenomenon? Just to be sure I tried my yahoo email and it worked fine
    05-06-12 09:58 PM
    also when i do the internet mail account test, i fail on the 3rd one under email account test
    05-06-12 10:15 PM
    still need help
    05-07-12 10:32 AM
    There was a post here with a solution, you may have to search a bit. FYI, a google search with site:crackberry.com usually works better than using the search function of the forum.

I don't use gmail, but if I remember correctly, it was related to adding a new device to the Google account and some sort of security question which will not show up when setting up BIS email. There might have been a workaround about disabling this security check.

Have you asked your University IT department?
    05-07-12 10:40 AM
    I have Google app based email for my sanuja.net email system. I don't remember exactly where, but when I first entered the information to my BB, I got an email in my web based mailbox (not in the phone) to confirm that I have added an account to deliver and sync emails. That's it and it has been working ever since.

Try deleting the email account and reentering the credentials. Another option is to log into the Google app system from the web interface and then try reentering in BB.

Also under Google Apps settings, make sure you have POP and IMAP enabled. Without them, the email will not work on BB. This is under Settings-->Forwarding and POP/IMAP.

Good luck.
    05-07-12 10:48 AM
    The email in question is a google apps email, is this a common phenomenon? Just to be sure I tried my yahoo email and it worked fine
    what do you mean by "google apps email" ???

are you saying that its a gmail account?

I haven't had any problems setting up my gmail accounts, but you can try forwarding your gmail to your "@[carrier name].blackberry.net" email and see if works that way.
    05-07-12 10:52 AM
    what do you mean by "google apps email" ???

are you saying that its a gmail account?

I haven't had any problems setting up my gmail accounts, but you can try forwarding your gmail to your "@[carrier name].blackberry.net" email and see if works that way.
    my email is 'googleapps.udel.edu'
    05-07-12 11:10 AM
    my email is 'googleapps.udel.edu'
    Did you check your POP and IMAP settings?
    05-07-12 11:14 AM
    also another wierd thing is, I can still synchronize with it even though that test fails. Problem is when synchronized, i can only send emails I cant read any type of incoming emails, or read any sent emails that arent sent from my blackberry.
    05-07-12 11:14 AM
    Did you check your POP and IMAP settings?
    yea i enabled both but nothing has happened
    05-07-12 11:15 AM
    I setup a vzw.blackberry.net email and just have my gmail forward inboxed emails to that. it is working but it sucks cuz if i delete emails on phone it doesnt delete on the web version.
    05-07-12 11:40 AM
    yea i enabled both but nothing has happened
    Then I would contact the IT guys at school if they willing to help you. I am at University of Calgary and the IT guys never provide help for personal issues unless I beg them to do so.... Hope you can get a better IT guys over there.

One more thing, do you have friends on BlackBerries that can access the email using the phone? (Unlike iPhone and Androids, BBs go through BIS and school may have blocked it)
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-07-12 at 11:49 AM.
    05-07-12 11:41 AM
    Then I would contact the IT guys at school if they willing to help you. I am at University of Calgary and the IT guys never provide help for personal issues unless I beg them to do so.... Hope you can get a better IT guys over there.
    alright man thanks for the help I will try to contact them when i have time, gunna be hard with finals. At least now I have 2 emails setup (1 to send emails) and another just to receive forwarded emails from that first email so it kinda works for now.
    05-07-12 11:48 AM
    my school also now has google app email. What you need to do is go to email setup add email then select "gmail". where it say email address: "@gmail" take off the "@gmail" and input your school full email "googleapps.udel.edu" also input your password where it say to input it. Should work.

your google user name is your full school email "googleapps.udel.edu." if you go to the gmail website you could log in with your school email acct. "googleapps.udel.edu." and password.

you can also try to call google
    let me know if it worked
    good luck!
    05-08-12 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD